Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:30:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doesn't matter...  (Read 1513 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Doesn't matter...
« on February 19, 2019, 10:07:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »
...his disappointing you found Sunday. Someone always has it worse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47273170

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Doesn't matter...
« Reply #1 on February 19, 2019, 10:12:17 am by RoversAlias »
They've been kicked out of the league for it. Fielded 7 players, all teenagers. The 18 year old captain doubled up as the manager and the physio came on as a sub. The league has deemed the result a 3-0 walk over in favour of the other team.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 19, 2019, 07:26:13 pm by NigelJ »
They've been kicked out of the league for it. Fielded 7 players, all teenagers. The 18 year old captain doubled up as the manager and the physio came on as a sub. The league has deemed the result a 3-0 walk over in favour of the other team.
Why a sub? Surely if the had less than 11 players, he could just come on additional to the existing players.
They haven't broken any rules in starting the game with 7 players - the referee wouldn't have started the game if that had been the case. I don't understand why the game was then awarded 3-0. On what grounds?
Also, why have they been thrown out of the league? Probably a case of the reporter not getting his facts exactly right.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 19, 2019, 10:47:42 pm by RoversAlias »
They were unable to fulfill several previous fixtures and to avoid that happening, just threw the few youth teamers they had available out for this game. To start with 7 players and lose 20-0 is very much devaluing the competiton.

Beyond that, I've no clue. All the information in my previous post was from two BBC articles. I'm not an Italian lower league aficionado.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012