Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:37:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lincoln City and the Air Raid Siren  (Read 3115 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Lincoln City and the Air Raid Siren
« on February 19, 2019, 06:35:51 pm by Donnywolf »
I assume this is legal as they probably would have been done by now ?

I have been suggesting for ages that when the Half Time Draw results go on the big board during the Second Half that we have a " tone" played to alert people to look at the Board.

This could be done during a break in play - like an injury or even a Wayne Hennessey goal kick  :evil:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Lincoln City and the Air Raid Siren
« Reply #1 on February 19, 2019, 08:12:38 pm by normal rules »
They used to wind it up at sinful bank for every corner

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 19, 2019, 09:24:13 pm by Jimmydee »
I've been wound up a Sinful bank a few times, especially when we were stuck in a penned area and under the hail of pennies, nuts, bolts and other missiles and losing 4-0 at half time.
Then getting back to the car and seeing every other windscreen shattered.(triple X, before the laminated glass that we have in modern cars)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 19, 2019, 09:31:51 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I've been wound up a Sinful bank a few times, especially when we were stuck in a penned area and under the hail of pennies, nuts, bolts and other missiles and losing 4-0 at half time.
Then getting back to the car and seeing every other windscreen shattered.(triple X, before the laminated glass that we have in modern cars)

what i do to make you lot feel better

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/12782156.stm

Lincoln got relegated always remember this

look at that league table after 38 games Chessie top & Lincoln were TWELVE POINTS IN FRONT OF THE SECOND BOTTOM TEAM AND THEY GOT RELEGATED

this message was sent by a user falling asleep watching Liverpool v Bayern Munich
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:06:05 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 20, 2019, 07:14:53 am by Donnywolf »
... AND it would have been read by someone falling asleep watching LFC v BM game except - yep you guessed it - I fell asleep

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 20, 2019, 02:44:28 pm by normal rules »
It will be a very tasty fixture next season if rivers stay in league one. Can’t see them failing to secure promotion.
They don’t have room for us at sinful bank. They would sell out away allocation at km.
those old enough will remember the rivalry between these two teams.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 20, 2019, 02:58:41 pm by Donnywolf »
2 words The Clan

Back to op .... Is the Siren legal ... I know its annoying but that does not make it illegal

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 21, 2019, 05:03:14 pm by RedRover »
It will be a very tasty fixture next season if rivers stay in league one. Can’t see them failing to secure promotion.
They don’t have room for us at sinful bank. They would sell out away allocation at km.
those old enough will remember the rivalry between these two teams.

Personally for me there is as I was born there and raised in Lincolnshire so I always wanted to beat them and Scunny. In fact I've only been to Sincil Bank once since that 4-1 defeat in the mid 90's when John Beck was their gaffer and all 4 corners of the pitch had more sand than Mablethorpe beach. I couldn't get a ticket when we played them on our return to the league in the early 00's but I do remember attending a Football League trophy game at there place a few years later that we won. If I remember correctly Chris Beardsley scored.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 21, 2019, 05:22:20 pm by sheffield exile1 »
0-5 Terry Cooper of that Leeds team at full back for us at Sinful Bank 81 or 82 I think. Car got stuck in the mud torrential rain. Also the eventful walk back to the football special around the same time- dustbins, lids (pre-wheelie bins) brushes etc. all chucked at us on the way back to the station! Rivalry- Oh I think so....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012