Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:30:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Palace MOTM vote  (Read 1776 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Palace MOTM vote
« on February 20, 2019, 02:47:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Surprised to see only 35 votes so far.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=269255.0
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 04:01:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Palace MOM vote
« Reply #1 on February 20, 2019, 03:57:21 pm by RoversAlias »
I think the MOTM polls should be brought into the main section, many who come on the forum simply won't ever look at them.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Palace MOM vote
« Reply #2 on February 20, 2019, 04:00:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I think the MOTM polls should be brought into the main section, many who come on the forum simply won't ever look at them.
Good idea - then archive them in the other section?

Kinda regret raising this as the vote has gone away from my faves of the day. Bloody democracy  :evil:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Palace MOTM vote
« Reply #3 on February 20, 2019, 04:02:44 pm by RoversAlias »
Yeah, close the poll after a certain point and then move it to the MOTM section for totting up at the end of the season. Just an idea anyway, I always try to vote on them if I see it posted.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 20, 2019, 04:48:18 pm by knockers »
Why don’t you just click the “show unread posts” when you log then you will see it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 20, 2019, 05:23:34 pm by RoversAlias »
How many people do that though? Maximise the viewability of the MOTM polls and they'll get more votes, hence this week's one going up when this thread was created to point it out. Usually it's just a link put in a relevant thread, most won't click on it to go and vote.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 20, 2019, 05:28:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
W can do that, we'll see if it makes a difference.
We will delete any other similar poll though as poll titles and options need to be exact to easily count them up at end of season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 20, 2019, 07:29:11 pm by drfchound »
I always click the “ show unread posts since your last visit” whenever I am on the forum.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 20, 2019, 07:40:00 pm by POD »
I have mentioned this before earlier in the season, but for some reason, the MOTM poll is never available at the end of the match, when most forum users are likely to vote.  The poll usually appears the next day when the urge to vote has often passed.
My feeling is that the voting option should be available immediately after the game with the full squad available to vote on.  If players receive a vote when they have not played (which is unlikely) then those votes can be discounted in the final ratings. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 20, 2019, 07:47:17 pm by drfchound »
I have mentioned this before earlier in the season, but for some reason, the MOTM poll is never available at the end of the match, when most forum users are likely to vote.  The poll usually appears the next day when the urge to vote has often passed.
My feeling is that the voting option should be available immediately after the game with the full squad available to vote on.  If players receive a vote when they have not played (which is unlikely) then those votes can be discounted in the final ratings.

I don’t see why you would want a vote involving the whole squad for a man of the match vote.
Surely a vote on the players who actually featured in the game would be appropriate.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 20, 2019, 08:29:46 pm by POD »

I don’t see why you would want a vote involving the whole squad for a man of the match vote.
Surely a vote on the players who actually featured in the game would be appropriate.

What I was meaning was that the VSC administrator is waiting to see who plays (including subs) before posting the list of candidates for MOTM.  If the full squad list was posted before kick off then the voting could start immediately at the end of the match rather than the next day when people have lost the urge to vote. 

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 20, 2019, 10:38:35 pm by RoversAlias »
Let's not over complicate it, would be silly to do a vote that includes players who didn't play.

Thanks for giving it a go BJW, we can only see if it leads to more votes which I hope it does.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 21, 2019, 12:44:55 pm by bobjimwilly »
as suggested, I wait until after games so only players who played can get votes, and also ensures people don't vote just for the favourite players before a ball has even been kicked. sometimes I'm tied up after games, which is why polls don't make it until the next day, but the majority of polls are up within an hour or two after final whistle.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 21, 2019, 01:21:20 pm by RedJ »
Does Donny Dog play bondage games in his kennel with you?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 21, 2019, 02:52:57 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Does Donny Dog play bondage games in his kennel with you?

:ohmy: Surely that is for the rumours section.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012