Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:11:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: contracts  (Read 3987 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
contracts
« on March 07, 2019, 11:01:24 am by wing commander »
   Free Press reporting that two senior players have not agreed new contracts in the timeframe set by GM and One has who will be announced shortly.GM is quoted as saying those contracts have now been withdrawn and he will talk to them at the end of the season but the deals wont change.

Lawlor,Marosi and Andrews were reportedly offered new deals so it sounds like it 2 of those 3..

Contract have also been offered to two of the three older pro's,which they take as Copps,Butler and Rowe and the club are waiting to hear back...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: contracts
« Reply #1 on March 07, 2019, 11:11:48 am by RedJ »
Can see Lawlor being one of the two.
I assume Rowe might be the one who hasn't been offered a deal.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 07, 2019, 11:21:54 am by RoversAlias »
Rowe is the safest assumption for which of the older trio hasn't been offered a new deal, but it would be an assumption.

I hope Marosi has agreed a new deal, I'm a big fan. Andrew I can take or leave and whilst I do like Lawlor, can't blame either of the keepers for thinking about moving on considering they are both good L1 goalkeepers and can't both be first choice going forward. So if one leaves and the other stays, I'd be okay with that.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 07, 2019, 11:45:05 am by pib »
Not sure what to make of Rowe this season. He's been pretty much our main man for a couple of years, and I know he's had injury problems this season and it's not easy to get up to speed when you're not starting many games, but he's been a bit disappointing when he has been given a chance.

Really want to see him succeed and earn a new contract because we will probably need someone else to fill Kane's place next year.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 07, 2019, 11:47:58 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'd let Rowe and Marosi go personally.  Andrew I would keep but would be considering giving him some real competition.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 07, 2019, 12:00:46 pm by bobbymax »
I would want Marko to go anywhere, nor Lawler. Both are good keepers for this level and there's a good chance we'll be in League 1 again next season.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 07, 2019, 12:27:19 pm by keith79 »
Rowe without a doubt. Off to Peterborough

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 07, 2019, 12:44:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
Rowe has never had consistency of games after he recovered from injury therefore coming in and out does not help with performances. He’s scored 3 goals in less playing time than any other midfield player.
But the manager prefers Crawford his choice but I don’t think he plays any better than Rowe in more games he plays,

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 07, 2019, 12:57:42 pm by wing commander »
   Rowe is a tough one but I don't think it's a decision we control ..With the fact that he's fit and isn't getting past the subs bench I believe he's already told the club that he will be leaving in the summer regardless,and GM has made it crystal that he's only interested in players commited to the club..

Replaceable though,a very good player I don't doubt, but never thought he played to his potential myself it's not the loss it would have been last year..

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 07, 2019, 01:02:46 pm by ctay »
I hope Tommy stays, but think it is unlikely. Probably be an unpopular opinion but I would sooner Butler left.

I don't worry too much about the keeper front, both ok without being outstanding.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 07, 2019, 01:06:51 pm by IDM »
Out of the two I would prefer Butler to stay, I can see him becoming a successful coach.

I like Rowe, but am coming round to the possibility of him leaving..

Either way, I expect the manager is eyeing up potential summer signings already.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 07, 2019, 01:56:07 pm by steve@dcfd »
Out of the two I would prefer Butler to stay, I can see him becoming a successful coach.

I like Rowe, but am coming round to the possibility of him leaving..

Either way, I expect the manager is eyeing up potential summer signings already.

Let’s hope they will be better and having technical ability and not dwarfs we have to many of them.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 07, 2019, 04:10:53 pm by since-1969 »
We ate not exactly over blessed with tallent in the team but we do have a good team spirit which has made up for it . Take away our loans signings which have all been great we are left with L1 players playing to the best level . If we go up I doubt if they could all be competitive  so it would mean more loans . For those who haven’t signed for next season , it could entgst those players have either got better offers or chancing that the offer will be bettered if they wait until the end of the season .

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 07, 2019, 04:17:12 pm by IDM »
If we go up we would surely sign better quality players, not just loanees.?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 07, 2019, 04:20:55 pm by since-1969 »
If we go up we would surely sign better quality players, not just loanees.?
Mm when have we ever done that ?

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 07, 2019, 04:46:24 pm by Branton Rover »
2007/8 we certainly went up with better players Stock, Wellens, Copps, Hayter, Roberts, O’Connor, Mills - players who all went on to have very good careers & would knock spots off our current side certainly footballing wise.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 07, 2019, 04:58:23 pm by since-1969 »
Remind me who was running the club back then ?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 07, 2019, 05:12:30 pm by IDM »
f**king hell cant we look forward.??

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 07, 2019, 05:27:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
Note about Loanees if we did get to the Championship I’d hope we could loan Kane and Wilks again and either loan or sign Downing. If we stay in league 1 we probably not get two out of the three.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 07, 2019, 05:31:33 pm by vaya »
Remind me who was running the club back then ?

...and off we go down the Time Tunnel...

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 07, 2019, 05:48:18 pm by sha66y »
Another pointless rambling subject, filled with speculation, and subjective opinions.... Pssssst!  There’s no such thing as Santa Claus,    Just saying

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 07, 2019, 06:23:04 pm by Alan Southstand »
Not pointless and far from rambling and where is the speculation?

At least we now know that only 1 from Andrew, Lawlor and Marosi will Definately be signing a new deal. That could mean we have only Jones as a keeper in the summer.

Also we now know that 1 from Copps, Butler and Rowe will not be here next season.

Add to the above numbers the 5 loanees, who could potentially all leave in the summer, which would be a fair turnover of players.

And finally, just a bit of speculation, if we are still L1, then Marquis could also be gone.

A possible total of 9 players and some of them regular mainstay first team.

I would hope that we can retain maybe 2 of the loanees (Lewis and Downing), but we're going to have to go some to replace some of the others.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 07, 2019, 06:54:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I hope Tommy stays, but think it is unlikely. Probably be an unpopular opinion but I would sooner Butler left.

I don't worry too much about the keeper front, both ok without being outstanding.

You'd sooner the statistically second best defender in the league this season leave? Brill.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 08:58:23 pm by DonnyOsmond »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 07, 2019, 07:17:02 pm by IDM »

At least we now know that only 1 from Andrew, Lawlor and Marosi will Definately be signing a new deal. That could mean we have only Jones as a keeper in the summer.

Also we now know that 1 from Copps, Butler and Rowe will not be here next season.

Add to the above numbers the 5 loanees, who could potentially all leave in the summer, which would be a fair turnover of players.

And finally, just a bit of speculation, if we are still L1, then Marquis could also be gone.

I would hope that we can retain maybe 2 of the loanees (Lewis and Downing), but we're going to have to go some to replace some of the others.

That’s only really an issue if we don’t sign replacements over the summer..

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 07, 2019, 08:32:53 pm by bobbymax »

Quite a bit of speculation in there Alan!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 07, 2019, 09:07:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
No, it's just a bit of maths!

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 07, 2019, 10:17:51 pm by Draytonian III »
I think Lawlor will go and maybe Marosi,it’s one of the reasons why Jones was offered a contract at the turn of the year. Jones will be the number 1 by the end of next season,nothing against the other two lads ,it’s just a notion I have, been trained by Paul Gerrard for the last 4 or 5 years.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 07, 2019, 11:25:45 pm by rich1471 »
If you read the full artical he says he will speak to them at the end of the season as he does not want to drag it on , so just because they have not signed yet does not mean they will not

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 08, 2019, 08:33:28 am by steve@dcfd »
If you read the full artical he says he will speak to them at the end of the season as he does not want to drag it on , so just because they have not signed yet does not mean they will not

It’s good to hear he will talk to them again but looking at the first team squad we have now.

We could be looking for one or two first team squad goalkeepers.
We will have to sort out RBs Lewis on loan, Mason may have gone.
Wright and Anderson CHs. Butler?
Not sure if Andrew will be here until confirmed.
Whiteman should still be here. Rowe?
Blair and Crawford will be here, therefore Midfield will need three players.
Marquis is a question mark, May and Sadlier will be here. Copps.?
We could need 4 forward players to get back to six.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 08, 2019, 11:05:08 am by selby »
  I am sure Grant McCann knows full well the situation with all the players, and will have the bases covered. He may not even want all the players we are speculating about to stay at  the club, and could have other players in mind to bring in all guess work on our side of the fence.
   I can't see the point of speculation when everything is still to be played for as far as promotion is concerned. That must be the main focus of everyone connected with the club, the players for self satisfaction, ambition, and probably a nice bonus payment. The club for a higher standing in the game and increased financial rewards, and the supporters so as not to distract from the one aim that remains this season.
   Next season will take care of itself in due course.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012