Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:46:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who was your man of the match v Luton?

Marosi
18 (34.6%)
Blair
0 (0%)
Downing
2 (3.8%)
Butler
0 (0%)
Andrew
1 (1.9%)
Lewis
1 (1.9%)
Rowe
0 (0%)
Crawford
2 (3.8%)
Coppinger
0 (0%)
Marquis
0 (0%)
Wilks
2 (3.8%)
Smith
0 (0%)
Sadlier
0 (0%)
Hasani
26 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: March 26, 2019, 04:53:10 pm

Author Topic: Luton MOM  (Read 4074 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Luton MOM
« on March 23, 2019, 04:53:10 pm by bobjimwilly »
Voting cloes on tuesday

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Luton MOM
« Reply #1 on March 23, 2019, 04:54:29 pm by sha66y »
You being serious ??

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 23, 2019, 07:50:15 pm by graingrover »
Hasani is the  default MOM

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 23, 2019, 07:53:23 pm by Spud »
Tough day, no one stood out but Lewis for me. Maybe not good enough but at least he & Crawford had a go, at times.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 23, 2019, 07:54:38 pm by the vicar »
There wasn't one as we was shit, the nearest we came to a goal was JM hitting the ball to weak strait to there keeper in the second half, piss poor.  We just laid down for them

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 23, 2019, 10:19:16 pm by LincsRover »
If it wasn't for Marosi we'd have lost 6 or 7 nil!  :turd:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 23, 2019, 10:26:15 pm by drfchound »
It says much about our supporters that a lad who touched the ball six or seven times, including the pass that led to the fourth goal, is leading the vote for MoM, when Marosi kept the score down with some fine saves.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 23, 2019, 10:32:16 pm by scawsby steve »
It says much about our supporters that a lad who touched the ball six or seven times, including the pass that led to the fourth goal, is leading the vote for MoM, when Marosi kept the score down with some fine saves.

Hound, you'll not believe the amount of supporters who blame our current slump on Marosi. Absolutely unbelievable. If it wasn't for him, Luton would have scored a hatful.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 23, 2019, 10:53:52 pm by drfchound »

Hound, you'll not believe the amount of supporters who blame our current slump on Marosi. Absolutely unbelievable. If it wasn't for him, Luton would have scored a hatful.

I would and do believe it mate.
You know what, it doesn’t surprise me one little bit because I hear what some of those so called supporters say at matches, and not just about him.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 24, 2019, 08:12:28 am by phil old leake »
There's only one contender marks the rest were poor. 

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 24, 2019, 08:31:38 am by sha66y »

I think they did score a hatful, it’s all subjective what a hatful actually means though,
however....your point is mute,
If you care to read between the scathing lines, I believe what people are saying is that Marosi does not instill confidence in his back four, and they are too busy worrying about his lack of command that they default on their own duties , thus rendering us vulnerable at times...

Yes he can stop shots, but he also concedes many....

I don’t look at stats, but I’m willing to bet that Lawlor kept a tighter ship during his early tenure....because the back four felt he had their backs and was a safer pair of hands....

Fans need to vent! , it’s part and parcel of being a supporter, however the frustrating part is reading the jollyists and their eternal optimism..especially when we play spinelessly.....lol

Rovers fans can still love their team and hate the defeat....

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 24, 2019, 08:41:21 am by phil old leake »
I completely disagree. From my experience of seeing him and lawlor there seems very little between them. Mark is just as vocal and I saw no one in our back line backing off playing the ball to him.  The save from either a corner or free kick yesterday was quality when he pulled it from behind himself. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 24, 2019, 08:50:05 pm by drfchound »

I think they did score a hatful, it’s all subjective what a hatful actually means though,
however....your point is mute,
If you care to read between the scathing lines, I believe what people are saying is that Marosi does not instill confidence in his back four, and they are too busy worrying about his lack of command that they default on their own duties , thus rendering us vulnerable at times...

Yes he can stop shots, but he also concedes many....

I don’t look at stats, but I’m willing to bet that Lawlor kept a tighter ship during his early tenure....because the back four felt he had their backs and was a safer pair of hands....

Fans need to vent! , it’s part and parcel of being a supporter, however the frustrating part is reading the jollyists and their eternal optimism..especially when we play spinelessly.....lol

Rovers fans can still love their team and hate the defeat....

That last line is a well known fact to all football fans.

Also you say “your point is mute”.

I assume you mean “moot”.

A moot point is one for which is open to discussion but to which no satisfactory answer can be found.

As for the comparison between the two keepers.
We have had eight clean sheets in League matches this season.
Five of them were Marosi in goal and three with Lawlor in there.

I don’t recall much criticism of Marosi in the early part of the season when we were winning plenty of games with him as the regular keeper.

I agree with Phil in that there is very little between the two keepers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012