Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:56:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers v Barnsley vblog  (Read 1357 times)

deebee

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v Barnsley vblog
« Reply #1 on March 16, 2019, 11:51:51 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Definitely lacking match action!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 16, 2019, 10:31:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I see he's explained why there was no match action. Billy Big brother stamping down on the little man protecting EFL copyright.

I'm not sure what your views are on this but it's a real shame as he, and other Vloggers provide a different perspective, a fans perspective on the game and certainly from angles the the EFL/Club/service provider would choose not to use.

Often we see the "Highlights' package is a random few pieces of action, often missing out real highlights and failing to provide a real representation of the game.

I would have thought there would be scope for Vloggers to co-exist and perhaps show footage that would not otherwise be seen.

As he says, his Vlogs go out after the highlights have been shown on various channels so it's not like they are trying to compete.

I'm not sure how this would stand up to legal challenge, probably not well if the EFL own the copyright, but you would hope there could be a compromise, some common sense and goodwill shown towards the amateur Vloggers who do this as a hobby. (although I'm sure they make some small amounts money out of it)

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 17, 2019, 12:00:09 am by no eyed deer »
For quite some time I watch his vlogs than the TV highlights. #money talks

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 17, 2019, 12:31:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
Maybe they objected to his vlog v Charlton when it showed the disallowed last-minute goal in all its official cheating glory!

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 17, 2019, 01:53:35 am by acacia94 »
Dappers bumped into Football Data Co. They own the image, intellectual property and a whole bunch of other rights to everything inside a football ground. Once he published something he was gonna come up on their radar. Might sound silly in the age of the HD capable iPhone but they come down hard.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 17, 2019, 07:28:14 am by DINGLE »

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 17, 2019, 08:55:19 am by andy didcott »
I'm sat a couple of rows behind him and did notice somebody come over and have a word with him, seen him before, guy with the beard and looking very official with his rovers badge.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 17, 2019, 02:35:12 pm by PDX_Rover »
It’s ridiculous really. All Rovers have to do is commission Dapper to do an official fan vlog. Would be a sound nice as the guy has something going here. I love the vlogs he does. It’s all of us isn’t it really?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012