Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:03:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

0 (0%)
4 (19%)
2 (9.5%)
9 (42.9%)
6 (28.6%)
0 - Totally Useless
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: April 06, 2019, 11:17:37 am

Author Topic: Rovers v Walsall - 30/3/19 - Graham Salisbury  (Read 2294 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v Walsall - 30/3/19 - Graham Salisbury
« on March 26, 2019, 11:27:43 am by The Red Baron »
Referee: Graham Salisbury
Assistants: Barry Gordon & Declan Ford
4O: Ian Smedley

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v Walsall - 30/3/19 - Graham Salisbury
« Reply #1 on March 30, 2019, 07:07:57 pm by Filo »
Not a bad performance considering, how crap he’s been in the past, got the pen wrong though, it was outside the area, and took far too longto issue a card the their number 3

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 30, 2019, 07:19:32 pm by Donnywolf »
Ive given him 1 - because I largely agree with you

Pen outside box for me - and he took ages to decide whether it was or not and then got it wrong

Several decisions he seemed to take an a-g-e to make firstly seeming to ignore them then changing his mind

And what Ref under a totting up procedure WOULD NOT have booke Luke Leahy long long long before he did

He had racked up 10 fouls early in the second half - and had he been booked after his third foul on Wilks after 15 Minutes he might have behaved !

Even Rovers Twitter feed said something like 90+4 Luke Leahy finally Booked   

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 30, 2019, 08:22:00 pm by glosterred »
Thought he’d lost his cards until he booked their player in injury time.

COYR

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 30, 2019, 11:38:12 pm by RobTheRover »
I think he tried to let the game flow. Yes, Walsall were fouling a lot, but it was all niggly and blocking, nothing too contentious or dangerous so I can understand him trying to keep his cards in his pocket. Another ref would have booked Danny Andrew and Mallik Wilks for kicking the ball away at every Walsall throw in.  Swings and roundabouts.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2019, 10:01:27 am by The Red Baron »
If a player is being targeted, as Wilks was, the referee needs to step in a show a card or two. The No. 3 couldn't handle Wilks and fouled him (not nasty fouls, more niggly ones) at every opportunity.

Salisbury has been on the list a long time and gives me the impression of a referee going through the motions. Maybe time to hang up the whistle?

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2019, 06:50:49 pm by POD »
I think he tried to let the game flow. Yes, Walsall were fouling a lot, but it was all niggly and blocking, nothing too contentious or dangerous so I can understand him trying to keep his cards in his pocket. Another ref would have booked Danny Andrew and Mallik Wilks for kicking the ball away at every Walsall throw in.  Swings and roundabouts.

Agree with you Rob.  In the first half, although Wilks was being regularly fouled, it was Rovers who were committing the majority of the fouls and on another day, we could have picked up yellow cards or worse we could have conceded from the numerous set pieces which we gave away far too cheaply.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 01, 2019, 10:52:45 am by Donnywolf »

Agree and that is the problem in that Refs do not apply rules with any consistency.

Clear cut Rules like Shirt off = Yellow Card they follow to the letter (yes unless they apply common sense as in Billy's "Thats for you son" celebration).

Others like dissent and kicking the Ball away they vary so much.

This Ref shoould have had their Number 3 after 10 minutes for by then at least 3 Fouls. "Wilks Wilks was tearing him apart again" and his only way to stop that was to foul by blocking pulling obstructing tripping etc etc all against the rules and under any totting up regime he should have been done earlier.

That allows MW a truer input into the Game by allowing him to play unhindered by Number 3's Fouls and potentially may have changed the game on another day (OK I know we got 3 Points but we may have been at 0-0 or even 1 down )

TinyPortal © 2005-2012