Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:03:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joey Barton attack  (Read 17936 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Joey Barton attack
« Reply #30 on April 14, 2019, 07:58:18 am by RobTheRover »
It looked to me that Butler got hit in the groin by one of their CBs yesterday.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 14, 2019, 08:21:54 am by The Red Baron »
Something that struck me about Barton was when he tried to mix it with our bench during the game at the Keepmoat (even though his team of cloggers was winning 4-0). As soon as Cliff Byrne fronted up to him, he backed down. It was his encounter with the Sarge all over again.

He's a bully and a coward. I'm surprised he didn't spend last night in the cells and that SYP are treating him with kid gloves.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 14, 2019, 08:47:20 am by RoversAlias »
Having seen the highlights, the "challenge" that got their player Souttar sent off was a disgrace, and on first viewing reminded me somewhat of Morgan on Hume. Awful, but not surprising at all from a Fleetwood team managed by Barton. He is a pure thug.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 14, 2019, 08:55:32 am by The Red Baron »
To go back to my previous point, why wasn't Barton arrested? I can't believe SYP wouldn't have arrested someone who didn't have a high profile in similar circumstances.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 14, 2019, 08:55:45 am by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB
Couldn't agree more that he's a bully and a coward. If he HAS headbutted Stendel, that would be entirely in character. The headbutt is the coward's attack method.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 14, 2019, 09:01:51 am by Filo »
Having seen the highlights, the "challenge" that got their player Souttar sent off was a disgrace, and on first viewing reminded me somewhat of Morgan on Hume. Awful, but not surprising at all from a Fleetwood team managed by Barton. He is a pure thug.

Seen it, had no i tention of winning the ball, led with the elbow and knew exactly what he was doing

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 14, 2019, 09:05:54 am by dknward2 »
To go back to my previous point, why wasn't Barton arrested? I can't believe SYP wouldn't have arrested someone who didn't have a high profile in similar circumstances.

I would think they want to make sure they get it right as any little mistake will be jumped on by a good lawyer and the case would collapse get it right and a prison sentence could follow but I doubt it probably be a 6 month suspended sentence and 500 pound fine or some other joke sentence no lesson would have been learned and he will carry on as manager.

Other clubs should try and organise some form of banning order against him

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 14, 2019, 09:20:53 am by IDM »
If he is charged and convicted, then maybe for the football club’s reaction the severity (or not) of the sentence may be irrelevant..

If this is true, it’s gross misconduct.  If I did that at work, I would be summarily dismissed, and rightly so..

Can’t see why that would be different in football, especially off the pitch..
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 10:07:48 am by IDM »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 14, 2019, 09:26:19 am by Donnywolf »

Maybe revenge sorry justice is a dish best served cold. Hope the Police gather their facts efficiently and correctly and then nail him once and for all

Maybe the Barnsley Player who did the original Tweet was advised to remove it asap - and not compromise a "fair" Trial if they get that far

Correct though in that if a Fleetwood fan had done what is alleged to a Barnsley fan he would be waking up "inside" this morning for certain

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 14, 2019, 09:42:49 am by Glyn_Wigley »
If someone comes willingly to be interviewed you don't need to arrest them.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 14, 2019, 10:02:56 am by Mustapha-Dump »
Hypothetical question, possibly one for SM, if nothing comes of this and he is not punished in any way, if Barnsley FC felt strong enough are they at liberty to ban him from their stadium? Including match days where he would be opposition manager?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 14, 2019, 11:49:55 am by sha66y »
It’s up to Barnsley and their Manager to push this, and I’m sure they will...

Only a corrupt FA would instigate a cover up, so they don’t have to recognise the rubbish in the back yard....

( modified ) lol
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:36:59 am by sha66y »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 14, 2019, 12:14:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
This is unrelated to yesterday - but we could all put more thought into understanding how on earth we got turned over so convincingly by his side both home and away this season. He and his players were doing something that we could not handle.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 14, 2019, 12:28:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not sure there was anything to learn from the home match. It was one of those bizarre games that happen once a decade. We utterly outplayed them in the first half and went in 0-3 down. 3-0 the other way would have been a truer reflection on how the sides played in that first half, but one of the joys of football is that it's not always logical.

Freak games like that happen. You shouldn't draw conclusions from them. No idea about the away game as I didn't see it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 14, 2019, 12:29:37 pm by RedJ »
Not sure there was anything to learn from the home match. It was one of those bizarre games that happen once a decade. We utterly outplayed them in the first half and went in 0-3 down. 3-0 the other way would have been a truer reflection on how the sides played in that first half, but one of the joys of football is that it's not always logical.

Freak games like that happen. You shouldn't draw conclusions from them. No idea about the away game as I didn't see it.

We didn't see much of the second half because of the bloody fog.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 14, 2019, 12:33:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
They have put seven past us this season, with zero in return. That is no fluke or off day. They schooled us good and proper.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 14, 2019, 12:58:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm not sure what "schooled" means, but as I say, if you replayed that first half at the KM 100 times, you wouldn't get another 0-3 score.

Sometimes it happens. The very worst thing you can do is dwell too much on outliers.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 14, 2019, 01:00:28 pm by mushRTID »
The home game from memory we missed an absolute sitter at 1-0 then they scored from two corners, really poor defending from us.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 14, 2019, 01:00:40 pm by GazLaz »
I'm not sure what "schooled" means, but as I say, if you replayed that first half at the KM 100 times, you wouldn't get another 0-3 score.

Sometimes it happens. The very worst thing you can do is dwell too much on outliers.

.. or judge games of football purely on goals. I can’t believe people still do that to be honest.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 14, 2019, 03:32:48 pm by ravenrover »
Think that people should think before they post about this, it is an allegation and SYP are investigating, maybe the thread should be locked Mods?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 14, 2019, 03:57:59 pm by ravenrover »
That's fine to have that opinion but who is held responsible any slanderous comments made on this forum

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 14, 2019, 04:11:52 pm by RoversAlias »
Think that people should think before they post about this, it is an allegation and SYP are investigating, maybe the thread should be locked Mods?

Nobody has said anything that could be challenged legally, come on now. It's a discussion forum and any personal opinions cast on Barton have been cast regarding his long, long held reputation for being what he is known to be - a man with violent criminal tendencies in his make up.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 14, 2019, 04:15:24 pm by deebee »
I would say that someone posting that the FA is corrupt could be interpreted as slanderous.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 14, 2019, 04:21:58 pm by idler »
I think that the main issue would be when the papers start reporting it.
That's when they usually say that it stops the defendant getting a fair trial.
I'm sure that whatever happened yesterday will soon be in the public domain.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 14, 2019, 05:18:51 pm by since-1969 »
I can only assume that his life story will appear at a Cinema one day and he’ll appear just like Rocky , one man fighting against the odds and coming out on top .  :boxing:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 14, 2019, 07:06:28 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I can only assume that his life story will appear at a Cinema one day and he’ll appear just like Rocky , one man fighting against the odds and coming out on top .  :boxing:

But there is the redeeming pleasure of seeing him punched repeatedly in the face.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 14, 2019, 07:31:04 pm by knockers »
He head butted the Barnsley manager. He’s on his way out of Fleetwood and football.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 14, 2019, 07:38:40 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Good Riddance !

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 14, 2019, 07:53:43 pm by Jonathan »
Barton’s behaviour will be discussed by fans of clubs up and down the country after yesterday’s incident. I think we are vastly over-estimating the significance of our little forum if we think there could be any repercussions over anything that’s been said on the matter on here.

Most importantly, the Barnsley manager is said to be okay.

If the allegations turn out to be true, and let’s be right they’re not remotely out of character for him, then I think Barton would be very lucky to ever be able to work in the game again.

It’s a shame as I honestly do think he’s tried with his behaviour. And on occasion I’ve found him quite compelling to listen to. But it seems he’s out of control and what is said to have happened is absolutely indefensible.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012