Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 22, 2019, 01:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Affiliates and Campaigns

Twitter

Author Topic: Joey Barton attack  (Read 8567 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Joey Barton attack
« Reply #120 on April 17, 2019, 03:24:19 PM by The Red Baron »
Have to see what happens. I wonder if he’s called him a ‘German Something’ during whatever occurred, as that would change it to racially aggravated.

Best to let the facts emerge and see if this arrest is in fact Joey Barton.

I will be gobsmacked if it isn't!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on April 17, 2019, 03:30:41 PM by PDX_Rover »
He needs to go away for a long time of this is all as it would appear to be.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on April 17, 2019, 03:31:10 PM by idler »
He might have used the German N word although if he's as thick as Hennessy he won't have ever heard that word.
I do think that in Barton's case it was more being criticised for the way his team played and losing than it being a foreigner who uttered the words.
It could well finish his career though.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on April 17, 2019, 03:31:24 PM by steve@dcfd »
It will be about  proof if itís not been witnessed or on video then itís one mans word against another.
At the moment it is suspected but asking for evidence.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on April 17, 2019, 03:34:37 PM by MachoMadness »
Have to see what happens. I wonder if heís called him a ĎGerman Somethingí during whatever occurred, as that would change it to racially aggravated.

I think gob smacking is part of the alleged offence, TRB!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on April 17, 2019, 04:07:07 PM by wing commander »
   From a selfish Rovers point of view this is bloody annoying..They have Posh on Saturday at home and I would much rather they were concentrating fully on that rather than having a whip round for his bail money..

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on April 17, 2019, 04:25:38 PM by jackthelad »
   From a selfish Rovers point of view this is bloody annoying..They have Posh on Saturday at home and I would much rather they were concentrating fully on that rather than having a whip round for his bail money..

Could work both ways but I get where your coming from. On the face of it it doesn't seem like the best preparations.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on April 17, 2019, 04:26:55 PM by sha66y »
If he called him a Nazi, then fair play thatís deemed to be a taboo word in this day and age and should be punished in some way....

However, a little fisticuffs is no worse than some of the deliberate elbowing in the face that ya get at most set pieces, ....ainít condoning it at all, just saying that this kind of violence happens at the majority of games, and is ONLY punished when itís been seen.....

I donít like Barton, he brings a thug mentality to the game that I thought was on the wane after Vinny Jones wore Gazaís nuts on his necklace....

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
    • https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/8-386-1827?__lrTS=20170508043836238&transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&bhcp=1
« Reply #128 on April 17, 2019, 04:33:16 PM by Colemans Left Hook »
Sky sports news

BREAKING: South Yorkshire Police have arrested a man on suspicion of racially aggravated assault and a racially aggravated public order offence following an incident at @BarnsleyFC's match with @ftfc on Saturday. #SSN

how come they haven't stated his age ?? unless we have new "directives"

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on April 17, 2019, 04:42:36 PM by drfchound »
It will be about  proof if itís not been witnessed or on video then itís one mans word against another.
At the moment it is suspected but asking for evidence.

Highly unlikely that no one saw it, in the tunnel after the game.

Rigoglioso

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on April 17, 2019, 05:15:25 PM by Rigoglioso »
Have to see what happens. I wonder if he’s called him a ‘German Something’ during whatever occurred, as that would change it to racially aggravated.

Likewise.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on April 17, 2019, 07:43:43 PM by i_ateallthepies »
They won't send him to prison, it would half the average IQ of the prison population at a stroke.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on April 17, 2019, 08:07:59 PM by BillyStubbsTears »
Anyone remember Barton's 11 minute England career?

In an era where England weren't strangers to embarrassing performances, that one stood out.

He looked like a donkey among gazelles. He spent minutes chasing Iniesta's shadow before lunging into the back of his calf and getting booked. That was the sum of his contribution to the game.

That summed him up. A limited thug who somehow has crafted a career convincing people that he has something to contribute.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on April 17, 2019, 08:09:48 PM by drfchound »
The funniest moment of his career though must be Ze interview on French tv.

Rigoglioso

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on April 17, 2019, 08:22:33 PM by Rigoglioso »
Anyone remember Barton's 11 minute England career?

In an era where England weren't strangers to embarrassing performances, that one stood out.

He looked like a donkey among gazelles. He spent minutes chasing Iniesta's shadow before lunging into the back of his calf and getting booked. That was the sum of his contribution to the game.

That summed him up. A limited thug who somehow has crafted a career convincing people that he has something to contribute.

He crafted a career in working his nuts off to be on a par with players who had a lot more talent than him.

He just nearly threw his career away at various points by random acts of stupidity. Ironically, it was one of them incidents (Dabo, May 2007) that cost him a few more England caps.

I'd rather watch a team of Joey Barton's, who lacked skill but grafted, than a bunch of tricky, flicky, passy, passy stars who don't try as hard.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on April 17, 2019, 08:30:25 PM by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigo

Don't tell me he was a grafter.

I remember seeing Wellens make a prick of him at the KM in 2014. There was one moment where Wellens turned him and sprinted away and Barton gave up. Literally gave up. He was only a yard or so away from Wellens but he just stopped and stood watching.

I have never in my life seen a player do that. Petulant, posing and pathetic.

Rigoglioso

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on April 17, 2019, 08:35:48 PM by Rigoglioso »
Rigo

I remember seeing Wellens make a prick of him at the KM in 2014. There was one moment where Wellens turned him and sprinted away and Barton gave up. Literally gave up. He was only a yard or so away from Wellens but he just stopped and stood watching.

If he wasn't a grafter then why did he manage to play in the Premier League for a large chunk of his career - especially in an era where clubs gradually signed more and more players from overseas?

That's a fact. He grafted for it.

If he hadn't worked his nuts off, he'd have probably just become any other Tom, Dick or Harry player a couple of divisions lower.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
    • Into The Empty Net
« Reply #137 on April 17, 2019, 09:04:26 PM by RoversAlias »
Random acts of stupidity? That's rubbish, Rigo, come on. He is a serial violent thug, it isn't random. This is his personality, his make-up is that of an angry, violent thug and there is no defending him on any of that.

A decent midfield player, no doubt about that. Proved that at both ends of his career really, had a terrific renaissance at Burnley after success at Man City and Newcastle. But his character is extremely questionable.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on April 17, 2019, 09:05:15 PM by idler »
Rigo

John Sheridan?😳

Rigoglioso

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on April 17, 2019, 09:08:49 PM by Rigoglioso »
Random acts of stupidity? That's rubbish, Rigo, come on. He is a serial violent thug, it isn't random. This is his personality, his make-up is that of an angry, violent thug and there is no defending him on any of that.

A decent midfield player, no doubt about that. Proved that at both ends of his career really, had a terrific renaissance at Burnley after success at Man City and Newcastle. But his character is extremely questionable.

Well however it's worded, he'll be struggling to keep his job if he gets charged with what's come out in the press today.

Assuming it is Joey Barton who's been nicked.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on April 17, 2019, 09:09:29 PM by RedJ »
Rigo

John Sheridan?😳

Curtis Main in that "pretend to jump for the ball after it's already gone and hope no one realises" thing he did the other year. That was among the most pathetic things I've ever seen in the game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on April 17, 2019, 09:10:58 PM by IDM »
Not sure why the story of someone bring arrested would have been on the bbc football website if it wasnít him?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on April 17, 2019, 09:12:20 PM by Chris Black come back »
Oh god donít start him off on Curtis Main otherwise weíll be on with that goal away at Bradford City justifying him as a professional footballer.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on April 17, 2019, 09:13:06 PM by IDM »
Rigo

John Sheridan?😳

Curtis Main in that "pretend to jump for the ball after it's already gone and hope no one realises" thing he did the other year. That was among the most pathetic things I've ever seen in the game.

No, Rivaldo vs Turkey in the World Cup., Turkish player kicks the ball against his shins, Rivaldo goes down holding his face, Turkish lad gets sent off..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on April 17, 2019, 09:13:42 PM by IDM »
Oh god donít start him off on Curtis Main otherwise weíll be on with that goal away at Bradford City justifying him as a professional footballer.

Or Bristol City at home.. he was an enigma, thatís for sure..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on April 17, 2019, 09:16:40 PM by RedJ »
Rigo

John Sheridan?😳

No, Rivaldo vs Turkey in the World Cup., Turkish player kicks the ball against his shins, Rivaldo goes down holding his face, Turkish lad gets sent off..

I didn't actually see the game at the time so I can't count that, personally. Just going on what I've seen happen actually at the time.

Rigoglioso

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on April 17, 2019, 09:17:39 PM by Rigoglioso »
Rigo

John Sheridan?😳

Turkish lad = Alpay.

Played for Aston Villa at the time and a few seasons thereafter. Very interesting character who had a few run ins with players over the years!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
    • Into The Empty Net
« Reply #147 on April 17, 2019, 10:15:30 PM by RoversAlias »
Not sure why the story of someone bring arrested would have been on the bbc football website if it wasnít him?

Because it relates to the incident in the tunnel of Oakwell Stadium, a football ground, at the end of a football match. Not forced to be Barton just because it's on the football site, it is football news whether it's Barton or a fan or whatever who is arrested.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on April 17, 2019, 10:32:52 PM by IDM »
Unless it was a player or one of the coaching staff I doubt it would have made the sports news page..

Rigoglioso

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on April 17, 2019, 10:45:21 PM by Rigoglioso »
Unless it was a player or one of the coaching staff I doubt it would have made the sports news page..

I think itís made it because of the Ďin relation to an incident at the Barnsley vs Fleetwood gameí line in their press release.

That and Ďattended a police stationí - theyíve basically not named Joey Barton, but put enough pointers in their release to suggest its him.