Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:21:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joey Barton attack  (Read 17709 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Joey Barton attack
« Reply #120 on April 17, 2019, 08:30:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigo

Don't tell me he was a grafter.

I remember seeing Wellens make a prick of him at the KM in 2014. There was one moment where Wellens turned him and sprinted away and Barton gave up. Literally gave up. He was only a yard or so away from Wellens but he just stopped and stood watching.

I have never in my life seen a player do that. Petulant, posing and pathetic.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on April 17, 2019, 09:04:26 pm by RoversAlias »
Random acts of stupidity? That's rubbish, Rigo, come on. He is a serial violent thug, it isn't random. This is his personality, his make-up is that of an angry, violent thug and there is no defending him on any of that.

A decent midfield player, no doubt about that. Proved that at both ends of his career really, had a terrific renaissance at Burnley after success at Man City and Newcastle. But his character is extremely questionable.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on April 17, 2019, 09:05:15 pm by idler »
Rigo

I remember seeing Wellens make a prick of him at the KM in 2014. There was one moment where Wellens turned him and sprinted away and Barton gave up. Literally gave up. He was only a yard or so away from Wellens but he just stopped and stood watching.

John Sheridan?😳

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on April 17, 2019, 09:09:29 pm by RedJ »
Rigo

John Sheridan?😳

Curtis Main in that "pretend to jump for the ball after it's already gone and hope no one realises" thing he did the other year. That was among the most pathetic things I've ever seen in the game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on April 17, 2019, 09:10:58 pm by IDM »
Not sure why the story of someone bring arrested would have been on the bbc football website if it wasn’t him?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on April 17, 2019, 09:12:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
Oh god don’t start him off on Curtis Main otherwise we’ll be on with that goal away at Bradford City justifying him as a professional footballer.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on April 17, 2019, 09:13:06 pm by IDM »
Rigo

John Sheridan?😳

Curtis Main in that "pretend to jump for the ball after it's already gone and hope no one realises" thing he did the other year. That was among the most pathetic things I've ever seen in the game.

No, Rivaldo vs Turkey in the World Cup., Turkish player kicks the ball against his shins, Rivaldo goes down holding his face, Turkish lad gets sent off..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on April 17, 2019, 09:13:42 pm by IDM »
Oh god don’t start him off on Curtis Main otherwise we’ll be on with that goal away at Bradford City justifying him as a professional footballer.

Or Bristol City at home.. he was an enigma, that’s for sure..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on April 17, 2019, 09:16:40 pm by RedJ »
Rigo

John Sheridan?😳

No, Rivaldo vs Turkey in the World Cup., Turkish player kicks the ball against his shins, Rivaldo goes down holding his face, Turkish lad gets sent off..

I didn't actually see the game at the time so I can't count that, personally. Just going on what I've seen happen actually at the time.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on April 17, 2019, 10:15:30 pm by RoversAlias »
Not sure why the story of someone bring arrested would have been on the bbc football website if it wasn’t him?

Because it relates to the incident in the tunnel of Oakwell Stadium, a football ground, at the end of a football match. Not forced to be Barton just because it's on the football site, it is football news whether it's Barton or a fan or whatever who is arrested.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on April 17, 2019, 10:32:52 pm by IDM »
Unless it was a player or one of the coaching staff I doubt it would have made the sports news page..

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on April 17, 2019, 10:56:10 pm by RoversAlias »
Unless it was a player or one of the coaching staff I doubt it would have made the sports news page..

Trust me, it would have. There are always stories on arrests made at games, and they're usually just scuffles between fans. Or even before games but in the same city, or between supporters elsewhere. It is sports news because it relates to the football match.

Don't get me wrong, I think it will be Barton too, but it's not definitely Barton who has been arrested just because this was on the sports pages.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on April 17, 2019, 11:05:51 pm by IDM »
This is too much of a coincidence to be anything else..

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on April 17, 2019, 11:27:23 pm by RoversAlias »

Well, most likely. But that's not the argument you were making to be fair.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on April 18, 2019, 01:06:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigo

John Sheridan?😳

Aye alreight. I'll give you that one. Sheridan at Morecambe was the idlest shift I've ever seen a footballer put in.

Difference was, Barton's  display was 3 tiers higher. He wasn't an old pro idling his last few months away in non-league.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on April 18, 2019, 08:35:42 am by idler »
Only joking Billy.
The difference in attitude between him and Steve Nichol who had a far more illustrious career was phenomenal. I thought it was worth the gate money alone just to see him play.
There's no comparison between him and the likes of Barton even if certain posters would rather watch the uncompromising lout kicking lumps out of him.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on April 18, 2019, 08:58:51 am by IDM »

Well, most likely. But that's not the argument you were making to be fair.

Yes it is, although it is possible I may be wrong - but my feeling is they do mean Barton..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on April 18, 2019, 09:43:33 am by since-1969 »
Why is it that a man accused of rape but subsequently found not guilty has his identity plasters all over the papers or Cliff Richards has HIS name the same and his reputation nearly ruined . Yet the that psycho has his identity with held . Is that when the story breaks SYPD want to get ALL publicity after their cockups before.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on April 18, 2019, 10:03:49 am by roversdude »
Rigo

John Sheridan?😳

Aye alreight. I'll give you that one. Sheridan at Morecambe was the idlest shift I've ever seen a footballer put in.

Difference was, Barton's  display was 3 tiers higher. He wasn't an old pro idling his last few months away in non-league.

I was embarrassed by Sheridan’s attitude but (yeah I know this thread is about a pretend hard man) can I throw the name Pascal Chimbonda into the mix for laziest football player

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on April 18, 2019, 11:04:33 am by Padge_DRFC »
Apparently denying it today that it didn't even happen

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on April 18, 2019, 01:12:50 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Apparently denying it today that it didn't even happen  ...... 

at a guess 99% of the population would deny it would you ?

if i was defending him i would point out he has a very poor memory (if you read wikipedia it is obvious he is a grafter)

"Barton would have made his debut for the City first team in November 2002 against Middlesbrough, had he not lost his shirt after leaving it on the substitutes bench at half-time.[19] He eventually made his first-team debut for the club against Bolton Wanderers on 5 April 2003.[20] His first senior goal came two weeks later in a 2–0 win over Tottenham Hotspur on Good Friday.[21] He ended the 2002–03 season with a run of seven consecutive starts"

My train of thoughts on hearing about the "Superglue" incidents yesterday made me think about the post match handshake of the two managers in the alleged "Battle of Barnsley"match . Their "handshake"  was as if their hands had been "superglued" . An observer "might " say who provoked who ??  any lip readers out there ?   

remember things are not what they might appear at first  ............   there must be something in the Liverpool water ????

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1201118/Steven-Gerrard-punched-man-like-boxer-bar-brawl-court-sees-CCTV.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuk2l7W6C1Y

obviously the "person" or "persons" in the above links were "provoked"  and "not convicted" of any "offence"  expect the same outcome

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on April 18, 2019, 01:19:36 pm by jackthelad »

Fully expected that would be the response. He's never gonna front up and admit to it straight off the cuff, IF found guilty of racially aggravated assault it would almost certainly be the end of his career in football management.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on April 18, 2019, 02:35:58 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Fully expected that would be the response. He's never gonna front up and admit to it straight off the cuff, IF found guilty of racially aggravated assault it would almost certainly be the end of his career in football management.

I don't know, either the Stripes or Arrows at Strangeways would make use of his skills.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on April 18, 2019, 02:55:04 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
i was looking at the highlights of the match in question -    I have always disliked this pointless "partisan" flag waving
and glancing at the pre-match flags waving on the day with the benefit of "alleged" events and "alleged "actions

I am saying nothing but it reminded me of something - the image is blurred and simply glancing you can imagine what obviously  does not exist.

fact is you can see exactly what you want --  or put an idea in your head - no further comment needed

-  for the avoidance of doubt waving of flags would surely go over Mr Hennesey's head

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on April 18, 2019, 03:04:01 pm by MachoMadness »
I believe Joey. It's a little-known fact that a German man's teeth will randomly spring out of his mouth in a shower of blood. Obviously, Barton is a good boy who likes the Smiths and never did anything wrong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012