Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:40:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe  (Read 5222 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Tommy Rowe
« Reply #30 on April 16, 2019, 12:57:11 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Be weird if Rowe agreed to leave already (unless we told him we didn't want him) given we are in the playoffs and if he keeps playing well we could be in a higher division than Posh (could go the other way too).

You'd think it better to try go up and get a championship offer from us or at least get a recent promotion on record to up your asking price. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 16, 2019, 01:08:07 pm by wing commander »
      Depends on the player,he may have been made a offer from somebody else he couldn't turn down,closer to home or with someone he enjoys working with.Not every player has a burning ambition to test themselves at higher levels.Some actually prefer been in there comfort zone,close to loved ones etc etc..

I'm not saying that's Rowe though because none of us really know..But one player turned down an offer to stay and we said we would maybe look at it at the end of the season...If I was a betting man..!!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 16, 2019, 01:20:52 pm by Dutch Uncle »
      Depends on the player,he may have been made a offer from somebody else he couldn't turn down,closer to home or with someone he enjoys working with.Not every player has a burning ambition to test themselves at higher levels.Some actually prefer been in there comfort zone,close to loved ones etc etc..

I'm not saying that's Rowe though because none of us really know..But one player turned down an offer to stay and we said we would maybe look at it at the end of the season...If I was a betting man..!!

I think the one who turned down an offer was likely either Marosi or Andrew or both (offered same time as Lawlor). I think it was said at the time we were planning to offer contracts to 2 of the 3 'senior players' reckoned to be Copps, Butler and Rowe.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 16, 2019, 01:40:58 pm by NickDRFC »
Have the rules changed recently? I thought domestic clubs weren’t allowed to (officially) speak to domestic players until their contracts actually expire. I’m not naive enough to think that clubs won’t talk to players, but if those are still the rules then signing a pre-contract is surely out of the question?

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 16, 2019, 01:58:13 pm by jackthelad »
Have the rules changed recently? I thought domestic clubs weren’t allowed to (officially) speak to domestic players until their contracts actually expire. I’m not naive enough to think that clubs won’t talk to players, but if those are still the rules then signing a pre-contract is surely out of the question?

I think if a player is in the last six month's of his deal he is free to speak with who he wishes?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 16, 2019, 02:04:49 pm by ravenrover »
Andrew might be a good call, when asked he keeps saying he has no idea where he will be playing next season, so that would fit in nicely with Ferguson it could be right side midfield or straight through the middle. Definitely not left back though

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 16, 2019, 04:05:59 pm by NickDRFC »

I think if a player is in the last six month's of his deal he is free to speak with who he wishes?

Like I say unless they've changed the rules I don't think that's true - they can only speak to clubs abroad when they've got 6 months left. Aaron Ramsey couldn't have officially talked to/signed anything with Chelsea or Spurs in January, but he could with Juve.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 16, 2019, 04:11:32 pm by IDM »
But can agents talk to clubs in those timescales.?

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 16, 2019, 04:20:06 pm by jackthelad »
But can agents talk to clubs in those timescales.?

I wouldn't imagine so. If they can then it defeats the whole point of the rule.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 16, 2019, 04:44:24 pm by RedJ »
It probably does happen unofficially though.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 16, 2019, 08:30:12 pm by RoversAlias »
If it is happening unofficially though, then surely that means they still can't formally agree to pre-contract agreements? Which is what's in question here.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 17, 2019, 10:17:13 pm by dickos1 »
If it was illegal then surely Peterborough wouldn’t be announcing it?

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 17, 2019, 11:21:12 pm by NewDonny »

Correct.

Like I say unless they've changed the rules I don't think that's true - they can only speak to clubs abroad when they've got 6 months left. Aaron Ramsey couldn't have officially talked to/signed anything with Chelsea or Spurs in January, but he could with Juve.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 17, 2019, 11:22:50 pm by NewDonny »
No, a player is free to speak to whoever he wants domestically or Internationally once he is in to the last 6 months of his contract.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:21:52 am by NewDonny »

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 17, 2019, 11:25:32 pm by dknward2 »
maybe they aren't from our league maybe Scottish leagues hence they can say that have signed someone but out of respect suprisingly for them they are keeping it quiet 

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 18, 2019, 08:22:14 am by idler »
Didn't we sign Danny Andrew under similar circumstances. I'm that there were rumours for a long while but no announcement until his contract ran out.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 18, 2019, 07:03:38 pm by PDX_Rover »
All speculation isn’t it really.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012