Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Man City-Spurs  (Read 3025 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Man City-Spurs
« on April 17, 2019, 08:12:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Shaping up to be another 1982 Rovers-Reading match.

2-2 after 12 mins.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Man City-Spurs
« Reply #1 on April 17, 2019, 08:27:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Boring really isn't it? It was Donny 4-2 Reading after 25 minutes.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 17, 2019, 08:57:48 pm by The Red Baron »
What a pity no film exists of that Rovers v Reading game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 17, 2019, 09:00:40 pm by IDM »
I’ve got my memories.!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 17, 2019, 09:06:58 pm by RedJ »
Heard the goals were flying in in the other match having opted to watch Liverpool. f**k all's happened since I switched over. Sorry!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 17, 2019, 09:13:59 pm by dknward2 »
Switch back man

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 17, 2019, 09:58:58 pm by DevilMayCry »
wow, what a match  :clapping:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 17, 2019, 09:59:26 pm by RedJ »
I turned off after half time, you're welcome x

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 17, 2019, 10:05:26 pm by MachoMadness »
Lineker summed it up best. Spare a thought for all those people who aren't football fans.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 17, 2019, 10:06:47 pm by dknward2 »
I turned off after half time, you're welcome x

Thank you the needs of the many outweigh yours lol

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 18, 2019, 09:13:58 am by jackthelad »
Unbelievable game- Don’t care what anybody says,Man City are entertaining to watch.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 18, 2019, 12:38:03 pm by Branton Rover »
The commentators haven’t got a clue when it comes to the offside rule - even the so called refereeing expert Peter Walton said “Aguero was stood in an offside position when he received the ball” - Christ give me strength - surely it’s when the ball is played which is the determining factor when judging if he’s offside or not - or has the ruling changed when I wasn’t looking

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 18, 2019, 12:56:53 pm by jackthelad »
The commentators haven’t got a clue when it comes to the offside rule - even the so called refereeing expert Peter Walton said “Aguero was stood in an offside position when he received the ball” - Christ give me strength - surely it’s when the ball is played which is the determining factor when judging if he’s offside or not - or has the ruling changed when I wasn’t looking

It was definitely offside. Aguero was offside when the ball his the city players leg.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 18, 2019, 03:09:53 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I didn't see the first leg where I hear there was a bad VAR decision, but that last Spurs goal was clearly hand (elbow) assisted and so should have been disallowed. That the ref was only shown a couple of inconclusive angles rather than the one/s that were conclusive does show that VAR has room for improvement.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Ajax win the cup, easier against Spurs than City.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 18, 2019, 04:05:31 pm by RoversAlias »

Eh? Of course it's when the ball is played, and at the moment Bernardo Silva flicked it forward to Aguero, Aguero was stood a full body offside.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 18, 2019, 04:14:03 pm by Branton Rover »
He was deffo offside no dispute it’s just what the referee said that pissed me off he said was offside when he received the ball which is irrelevant

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 18, 2019, 04:21:06 pm by ravenrover »
I didn't see the first leg where I hear there was a bad VAR decision, but that last Spurs goal was clearly hand (elbow) assisted and so should have been disallowed. That the ref was only shown a couple of inconclusive angles rather than the one/s that were conclusive does show that VAR has room for improvement.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Ajax win the cup, easier against Spurs than City.
And if they had seen that angle, do we know which angles they did look at I very much doubt it, the answer would be arm in a natural position not extended from the body

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 18, 2019, 05:07:08 pm by NickDRFC »
He was deffo offside no dispute it’s just what the referee said that pissed me off he said was offside when he received the ball which is irrelevant

Peter Walton is an idiot

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 18, 2019, 07:43:30 pm by Donnyjim »
Deserve everything they got city. Fielding an 'understrength' side in the first leg - Pep's fault. DeBruyne was on fire last night and should have started in the first leg. A bit of arrogance and surprisingly naivity from Pepto.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 18, 2019, 08:20:49 pm by idler »
With all due respect Jim hindsight is a wonderful thing.
For someone on a forum who has probably never featured in a professional game to criticise someone of his standing is laughable.
He is fighting on four fronts and with a little luck it would have been so different. We have a directive that next season any contact with a hand or arm will result in a penalty whereas last night's winning goal went in off the arm.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 18, 2019, 08:30:11 pm by drfchound »
With all due respect Jim hindsight is a wonderful thing.
For someone on a forum who has probably never featured in a professional game to criticise someone of his standing is laughable.
He is fighting on four fronts and with a little luck it would have been so different. We have a directive that next season any contact with a hand or arm will result in a penalty whereas last night's winning goal went in off the arm.

It would have been a bit hard on City if a penalty had been given though mate.   ;)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 18, 2019, 09:49:26 pm by idler »
Exactly hound but a penalty given should also rule a goal out at the other end, as you know.😉

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 19, 2019, 02:04:17 am by Colemans Left Hook »
i looked at the Tottenham team at the kick off and decided the most they would score was NIL. Not a chance !!

but VAR was against them -- Rigo & I were the only ones who thought man city were unlucky in the Champions League matches against Liverpool last season

oxlade-chamberpot who never scores scored an out of this world goal resulting in the shock causing him to be substituted with a long term injury (hasn't playeyed for a year) I think there were 2 goal incidents that went against City due to VAR not being in operation over the two legs

one was when Milner played someone who was just about offside "on" for a goal that was disallowed in the 2nd leg - cant remember the other.

---------------
everyone knew the ref was wrong as filo said

Think city might regret not getting a second. Although they should have, that wasn’t offside.

The only way he could be offside was if a City player played the ball, Milner played it
[/i]

So city continue to be unlucky with VAR
als remember that German away match against the hopeless German team and the ref gave 2 penalties against City -according to the new hand ball directive - when the clubs hadn't sussed the directive out

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 19, 2019, 01:06:23 pm by hoolahoop »
Poor old Citeh

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 19, 2019, 02:14:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

And if they had seen that angle, do we know which angles they did look at I very much doubt it, the answer would be arm in a natural position not extended from the body

My issue is with the VAR process, not with the law, which is clear. If the ref saw the arm contact he'd have disallowed the goal.

It was shown what angles they used, at least what they showed to the ref. They were going back and forward with it, but from those angles it was arguably inconclusive, from on of the other angles it is very clear the ball went to elbow/forearm, then to hip and then to goal.

The argument of arm in a natural position doesn't apply when it comes to scoring a goal - I've seen that's in the rules somewhere. ie an arm cannot be used in the process of scoring. If a ball comes off an arm tight to the body, in a "natural position", then that will be disallowed. In this case it was indirect but still part of the process of scoring, so no goal.

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 19, 2019, 04:10:36 pm by Fur Calf »
VAR decisions were both the correct ones, regarding the Spurs goal there was no deflection of the ball moving towards goal (from the arm) it came off the hip.  Those who say no goal must be City fans or want City to win.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 19, 2019, 09:09:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
VAR decisions were both the correct ones, regarding the Spurs goal there was no deflection of the ball moving towards goal (from the arm) it came off the hip.  Those who say no goal must be City fans or want City to win.
The deflection was from arm to hip, ie possession/control of the ball was gained from the arm, for me that's handball. However, on checking this, it seems the rules don't include this as yet. Next season the law changes will include:
"For example, a goal scored directly from the hand/arm (even if accidental) and a player scoring or creating a goal-scoring opportunity after having gained possession/control of the ball from their hand/arm (even if accidental) will no longer be allowed."

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 19, 2019, 09:17:04 pm by Fur Calf »
It's not clear whether the ball hit LLorente's arm or not, also his arm was against his body the only other thing he could do was to dismember it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 19, 2019, 09:19:09 pm by RoversAlias »
He didn't control the ball with his arm at all though, in real time, if it touches his elbow at all it's a graze for a solitary second and it doesn't change the trajectory of the ball at all. Would've been incredibly harsh to disallow it.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 19, 2019, 09:23:55 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
More than a graze, most definitely the arm was instrumental in the goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhvqlfeYiN0

TinyPortal © 2005-2012