Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:36:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Andy Woolmer, big club syndrome  (Read 4811 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Andy Woolmer, big club syndrome
« on April 19, 2019, 07:04:19 pm by Filo »
A severe case of it on todays showing

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
Re: Andy Woolmer, big club syndrome
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2019, 07:11:38 pm by phil o sophical »
 he's given us a few decisions that were 50/50........ all in areas of the pitch that didn't matter a toss. The important ones he just plain and simple bottled them

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 19, 2019, 07:19:16 pm by bobbymax »
I'm afraid Homer Woolmer again lived up to his reputation. Absolutely shocking in the key moments. Much as we didn't turn up, his inadequacies so greatly favoured the big boys that we never really stood a chance of getting anything out of the game. As for Sunderland, nothing special.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 19, 2019, 08:36:15 pm by RoversAlias »
Pathetic official, one of many. Joke how he didn't see that wrestle on Butler as a penalty, moments after speaking to both players.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 19, 2019, 08:43:32 pm by Alan Southstand »
As for Sunderland, nothing special.

Unfortunately, they didn't need to be!

Sunderland started the game with 5 in midfield to our 3 and we never reacted to it. That is not the player's fault, but we were poor, there's no escaping that.

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2019, 08:52:35 pm by Fur Calf »
I think the players are at fault no ball retention, poor passing and virtually lost every 50/50 and it was 11 v 11 on the pitch. Very poor team performance and terrible officiating by the referee, he should be embarrassed.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 19, 2019, 08:54:30 pm by PDX_Rover »
Woolmer was a dire as Rovers today. Two clear penalties missed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 19, 2019, 09:30:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Pathetic official, one of many. Joke how he didn't see that wrestle on Butler as a penalty, moments after speaking to both players.

That was refereeing of the most appalling standard.

It was f**king obvious that Butler or Dunne were going to foul the other one. So obvious, I did the obvious thing of ignoring the ball and looking at them two and the ref from the away end.

Woolner didn't see the foul because he didn't look at the two of them. He was looking at the ball coming in. By the time he turned round, Butler and Funne were in a tangle on the floor and Woolner had no idea how it had happened.

Absolutely shocking refereeing, because that clash was so obviously predictable. By not using a tiny bit of common sense, he's missed the most stone cold penalty of the season.

Does change the fact that we were cack though.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 19, 2019, 09:37:16 pm by drfchound »
No but had it been given it could have affected the outcome.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 19, 2019, 11:52:24 pm by RedJ »
No one is saying we weren't shite in fairness. But you have to have a fair official to at least have a f**king chance, or at the very least one who isn't a f**king moron.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2019, 12:28:15 am by The Red Baron »
Worst display of officiating I've seen since the infamous Mick Russell / Kitson game against Portsmouth.

I hope Rovers will report his obvious bias to the FA and EFL, although of course neither will take much notice.

We didn't deserve anything from that game but we deserve better officials than that.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2019, 01:04:07 am by The Red Baron »

That was refereeing of the most appalling standard.

It was f**king obvious that Butler or Dunne were going to foul the other one. So obvious, I did the obvious thing of ignoring the ball and looking at them two and the ref from the away end.

Woolner didn't see the foul because he didn't look at the two of them. He was looking at the ball coming in. By the time he turned round, Butler and Funne were in a tangle on the floor and Woolner had no idea how it had happened.

Absolutely shocking refereeing, because that clash was so obviously predictable. By not using a tiny bit of common sense, he's missed the most stone cold penalty of the season.

Does change the fact that we were cack though.

I thought it was Ozturk, the No. 5, who tangled with Butler. But otherwise your point stands. Any referee worth his salt would be watching them like a hawk once the kick was taken. However we know Woolmer of old and he was stealing a living when he used to referee us in the Conference.

Time referees were made accountable. Anyone else who did their job as badly as Woolmer does his every time I see him would be out of it pdq.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2019, 01:17:48 am by PDX_Rover »
It’s time they introduced VAR at all professional  games. You have to ask if Woolmer was simply inept or if he was actively biased. I think it’s the latter. There is a psychological effect of waking out in front of 34000+ and being in charge of a football game like that. Has to impact your decision making.

Ax has been said, we were dismal but a goal changes the dynamics.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2019, 02:00:50 am by The Red Baron »
Interesting opinions from a couple of neutrals on a refereeing forum this evening. Lewes is a Fulham fan and the other fella isn't a Rover.

I'LL be going off my long run tomorrow.

https://ratetheref.createaforum.com/general-discussion-5/a-woolmer-sunderland-v-doncaster/

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 20, 2019, 07:18:42 am by Donnywolf »
Unfortunately he IS still stealing a wage - and Referees should be accountable. He should be put out to grass - he favoured the opposition. Hes been crap since the Conference. All these and more are expressed above but if you read Rate the Ref above it should have been no surprise

I said on the way up "we are facing one of the worst Refs around" and if you look at these 2 Links you will see why. Some of you will clearly remember the games and individual incidents. Also look at the voting. OK I always give him NIL - mainly because he is clearly well out of his depth - but I only vote once

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=268166.msg820697#msg820697

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=264644.msg747708#msg747708
... AND so far after yesterdays "performance" 30 people have voted and he has 29 x NIL (one from me) and someone has given him 1 point (preumably his Dad)  so he has 1 divided by 30 - you do the Maths
This inept muppet is the reason Refereees Assessors Reports MUST be made public at some stage - because how does anyone "cover" for that ? As I have said (too) many times before the Assessor will give him say an 8 out of 10 - and then Woolmer will score each of his officials the same and they collectively move on to inflict their ineptitude on someone else

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:27:24 am by Donnywolf »

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 20, 2019, 08:07:08 am by Mustapha-Dump »
And to think there is still fans that don’t think VAR is necessary, sick of travelling the length and breadth of the country and being served up with part time refs that constantly get the big decisions wrong.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 20, 2019, 08:23:17 am by PDX_Rover »
Why don’t the FSF start a movement for a review if officiating and call for transparency and suggestions for improvements?

After all, supporters keep them in jobs when you think about it.

I think most fans appreciate it’s not an easy job and high pressure at times, but some of the officiating this season alone has been some if the worst I’ve seen in 45 years supporting Rovers.

The game is too fast for most of them and often the stakes are too high for the sort of incompetence we witnessed from Woolmer.

There has to be a workable solution.

VAR at all professional games for a start.
A referee in each half?
Full time professional officiating.

As my stepdad says: “You need eyes in the back of your head because the ones in the front don’t work.”

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 20, 2019, 08:28:18 am by since-1969 »
A severe case of it on todays showing
I would have said “ Small club syndrome “ . He didn’t think that we were worthy of a decision that could give us parity. 

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 20, 2019, 09:17:19 am by RoversAlias »
The biggest thing on that big EFL survey  they put out a short time ago were the questions about the current standard of refereeing, what can be done about it and whether they should find the money to make refs at L1/L2 level fully professional. I answered in the strongest terms in favour, and that the current standard is appalling, so I hope many other respondents did too.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 20, 2019, 12:47:49 pm by bobjimwilly »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 20, 2019, 12:55:48 pm by bobjimwilly »
This was no handball either, apparently

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 20, 2019, 01:08:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Ball to hand/Hand to ball. We'd be pissed off if that was given.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 20, 2019, 01:10:50 pm by RedJ »
Aye, would be harsh, but you do see em given.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 20, 2019, 01:15:21 pm by nortikorner »
will not show them on ref watch on sky

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 20, 2019, 02:03:58 pm by selby »
  Five days before the game, the first posts predicting what would happen on rate the ref, says it all really, nothing more to say, supporters  knew he would be controversial should we say, others would say they knew he would be consistent and not give Doncaster a fair crack.
   Cheating? a harsh word, but there is something in his attitude to the club that is questionable, I wonder if he is proud of the comments on here and the TV. or if he is even bothered that some question his impartiality.
  As I say, five days before the game, I wish I could predict a horse race as easy. My view, something has gone on in the past and he holds a grudge, and cheats.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 20, 2019, 03:26:07 pm by bobjimwilly »
In the gif above the ball clearly hits his shoulder first, then he moves his arm upwards towards it and it rolls down his arm. that is a penalty.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 20, 2019, 03:34:44 pm by ravenrover »
Andy Woolmer, big club syndrom - NO.........  just fu@#ing useless

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 20, 2019, 03:46:31 pm by Donnywolf »
I am with PDXRover and people will be fed up with me but it is patently obvious that some Refs are not up to the job physically - they are lets face it old men chasing young lads all over the Pitch

They are fighting a losing battle and are making some decision from "miles away". That of course did not apply to the Ozturk penalty shout yesterday as that "Ref" was right there on the spot and chose not to give what must be one of the most blatant Penalties I have seen

So get a Ref in each half to give the old men only a 25 yard dash each way. The 4th official is doing nowt except trying to keep Managers in the Technical area so get one of them each game to be Ref 2. The Linos are supposedly "Referees assistant" but that does not work either. See him yesterday ? Did he flag for Butler being disembowelled ? NO . I did see him many times not even flagging for Throw ins. One where Matty Blair knocked the ball off their Player for our throw was greeted with usual muppetry as the Ref waited for the (supposed) traditional Flag. Lino waited for the Ref and yes as soon as Ref gave us something the Lino instantly shot his Flag up to agree

Timekeeping. Too much for some Refs to do alongside all the other crap they have to deal with

Goal celebrations take forever - Substitutions take an age (and are used for timewasting) - erroneous injuries - War and Peace goal kicks - all of them greeted yesterday by Woolmer holding his left hand up and his right hand pointing to the Watch. Take it all away and have a fixed 30 minute Half x 2 of course and just stop the clock for everything. One less job for the Muppets !

It would not be the perfect answer because there will still be muppets on the loose - so lets see the Assessments. I have seen some from lower leagues and they cover a wide raging of categories - so we should be able to routinely see them. I would LOVE to see yesterdays but as Ravenrover correctly points out above we have had this Muppet so many times in the past and I presume he "passes" the relevant criteria each and every time
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 03:49:59 pm by Donnywolf »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 20, 2019, 04:32:17 pm by PDX_Rover »
Mr Woolmer needs to retire

https://twitter.com/bobjimwilly/status/1119567275940409346

Awful. Somebody pulled the Woolmer over his eyes.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 20, 2019, 04:52:13 pm by PDX_Rover »

Ball to hand/Hand to ball. We'd be pissed off if that was given.

Ball to hand is usually when the ball hits the hand when it can’t be moved. This is a clear handball. f**king Woolmer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012