Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:56:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Andy Woolmer, big club syndrome  (Read 4843 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Andy Woolmer, big club syndrome
« Reply #30 on April 20, 2019, 06:04:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »
  Five days before the game, the first posts predicting what would happen on rate the ref, says it all really, nothing more to say, supporters  knew he would be controversial should we say, others would say they knew he would be consistent and not give Doncaster a fair crack.
   Cheating? a harsh word, but there is something in his attitude to the club that is questionable, I wonder if he is proud of the comments on here and the TV. or if he is even bothered that some question his impartiality.
  As I say, five days before the game, I wish I could predict a horse race as easy. My view, something has gone on in the past and he holds a grudge, and cheats.

Check JR's facebook can't remember exactly all of it but he did say he had complained about Woolmer previously

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 20, 2019, 06:23:13 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
  Five days before the game, the first posts predicting what would happen on rate the ref, says it all really, nothing more to say, supporters  knew he would be controversial should we say, others would say they knew he would be consistent and not give Doncaster a fair crack.
   Cheating? a harsh word, but there is something in his attitude to the club that is questionable, I wonder if he is proud of the comments on here and the TV. or if he is even bothered that some question his impartiality.
  As I say, five days before the game, I wish I could predict a horse race as easy. My view, something has gone on in the past and he holds a grudge, and cheats.

Check JR's facebook can't remember exactly all of it but he did say he had complained about Woolmer previously

Criticise referees as much as you want. But no matter how bad that you think they are, cheats they are not.
Definition of to cheat: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.
What are you suggesting? That he was offered a given a brown paper bag?  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:34:01 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 20, 2019, 07:11:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What if a referee cheats a team out of a penalty because he is, for instance, intimidated by the crowd? 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:18:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 20, 2019, 07:18:21 pm by idler »
What if the referee has a grudge against a team and just always ears on the side of caution when giving decisions in their favour.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 20, 2019, 07:41:52 pm by RedJ »
What if the referee is just a pillock?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 20, 2019, 08:03:15 pm by Donnywolf »

What are you suggesting? That he was offered a given a brown paper bag?  :facepalm:

Pesonally I would offer him a clear plastic bag and I would offer to hold it for him

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 20, 2019, 08:17:50 pm by RedJ »

Pesonally I would offer him a clear plastic bag and I would offer to hold it for him

Harsh but fair.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 20, 2019, 08:29:22 pm by Donnywolf »
Thanks .... I am hoping this will be cathartic for me ... I just cant stand the useless b*****d

All those people yesterday who go to work - do what they can to get by - save for a game and have it yet again afflicted by a stupid NAY useless Referee that has done this to us (and others) repeatedly and STILL is on the loose to do it again next week and the week after ad infinitum

He can "demand" to be employed as a Ref up to and including his normal retirement rather than be pensioned off when 48 so be prepared for more muppetry

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 20, 2019, 08:37:53 pm by Donnywolf »
I would pay good money to see a giant still Photo of the "assault" on Andy Butler either as a giant poster or TIFO saying something like ....

" 99.99 % of Referees would give this as a Penalty - how about you Woolmer ?"

Either that or Miss Piggy Kermit and Fozzie Bear dressed in Referees Kit. Maybe he would get the message ?

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 21, 2019, 02:08:21 am by jackthelad »
We could speak about the referee for the rest of the season, it won’t change things.

Most descions are a matter of opinion but that on Butler was nothing short of a disgrace.. and he appeared to be looking straight at it.

It is worth remembering also that we have had descisons this season that probably should’ve gone the other way. Over the course of the season you could probably comply a DVD with all referee mistakes. (For and against us)

We can’t afford to dwell on it,it’s happened,we wasn’t given the penalty and we lost the game. We move on.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 21, 2019, 08:00:53 am by mushRTID »
The worst part of the Butler pen is he delayed the free kick to go over and warn them about it first! Absolutely f**king useless. He chose to turn a blind eye, he didn’t just get a decision wrong he decided to ignore it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 21, 2019, 10:04:47 am by Donnywolf »
Absolutely that. 100%

Oooo big Team 30 odd thou - better wave play on

Incidentally ca anyone tell me why the hell he wanted Butler and Otzurk ? to shake hands ? Beats me. Then again anything Woolmer does "beats me". I know it wont change the result and yes as Jackthelad says you get some given for and against you during a Season

My point mainly is Woolmer is just plain useless. Look through his record on Rate the Ref - its appalling. For the game on Friday he has 38 x Nil votes and 1 person has given him 1 so he is on 0.02 Points

I am going to try to get a Banner printed for every time he comes now with the "incident" on it and saying 99.99 % of Refs think this would be a Penalty.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:08:38 am by Donnywolf »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 21, 2019, 11:04:23 am by idler »
You will all be pleased to know Woolmer got 7/10 for his performance in the Football League Paper.
No mention of any penalty appeal, just loads about Charlie Wyke playing after a migraine and being sick pre-match.
😳

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 21, 2019, 03:27:57 pm by PDX_Rover »
You will all be pleased to know Woolmer got 7/10 for his performance in the Football League Paper.
No mention of any penalty appeal, just loads about Charlie Wyke playing after a migraine and being sick pre-match.
😳

7/1000 would be too f**king generous.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012