Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:59:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who's got the biggest ego in the football league....  (Read 4246 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Been woeful since January. This running round like a headless chicken just doesn't cut it. Also if he put as much effort into jumping for a Ball as he does in claiming for a foul he might win one. I'll drive him to his next club. He should have been taken off today, not Wilks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Who's got the biggest ego in the football league....
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2019, 10:52:55 pm by RoversAlias »
Wilks was completely benign today because Sunderland marked him out of the game. All of McCann's subs were smart.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 19, 2019, 11:20:25 pm by Draytonian III »
Strong beer In Armthorpe again tonight

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 19, 2019, 11:21:35 pm by idler »
Very bitter as well.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 19, 2019, 11:23:32 pm by PDX_Rover »
I know. Only 19 goals this season. Get rid. Honestly, some folks.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2019, 11:28:09 pm by pib »
If we are going to criticise anyone for running round like a headless chicken and being ineffective, there’s another bloke who deserves much more flak than Marquis, and he also wears a number 9 on his back, only it has a 1 before it.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 19, 2019, 11:32:35 pm by esdailles left foot »
So everyone else is of the opinion that marquis has played well this calendar year then.....wow !

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 19, 2019, 11:59:14 pm by Campsall rover »
Why is it when we lose our players are useless.
The comments on this forum after a defeat are embarrassing.
We played below par yes but Sunderland have been in the top 3 all season for a reason.
If we had a competent ref today we may have had 3 penalties and won the match.
There are so called supporters on here who need to go and lie down in a dark room before coming on here spouting drivel.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 20, 2019, 12:32:02 am by The Red Baron »
Wilks was completely benign today because Sunderland marked him out of the game. All of McCann's subs were smart.

I'll give Jack Ross this- he'd done his homework on us. There was a man on Copps every time he got near the ball and Wilks was always forced onto his right foot - when that happens he invariably loses the ball.

That said, our ineptitude made it look even more of a tactical master class than it was.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2019, 12:33:06 am by Padge_DRFC »
Been woeful since January. This running round like a headless chicken just doesn't cut it. Also if he put as much effort into jumping for a Ball as he does in claiming for a foul he might win one. I'll drive him to his next club. He should have been taken off today, not Wilks.

You're a Kitson

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2019, 01:19:16 am by PDX_Rover »
Esdaille’s left his brain behind the sofa. Again.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2019, 06:44:23 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
I hope when John eventually leaves us he scores against us, then celebrates like f**k. I'd take pleasure in knowing he will have ruined some goons weekend's.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2019, 07:17:53 am by Nudga »

I'll give Jack Ross this- he'd done his homework on us. There was a man on Copps every time he got near the ball and Wilks was always forced onto his right foot - when that happens he invariably loses the ball.

That said, our ineptitude made it look even more of a tactical master class than it was.

Every time one of ours had the ball, they had at least two closing down.
When Wilks, Copps and Kane had the ball, Sunderland had 3 on them, 1 to close down quickly and 2 to cut off passing lanes.
This was like a deep lying geggenpress. We had no answers.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2019, 08:12:35 am by PDX_Rover »

Every time one of ours had the ball, they had at least two closing down.
When Wilks, Copps and Kane had the ball, Sunderland had 3 on them, 1 to close down quickly and 2 to cut off passing lanes.
This was like a deep lying geggenpress. We had no answers.

Exactly right. We were poor but part of that was we never got the opportunity to get going. Sunderland were unspectacular but did the basics better that we did.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 20, 2019, 08:13:36 am by sha66y »
We played below par yes but Sunderland have been in the top 3 all season for a reason.
There are so called supporters on here who need to go and lie down in a dark room before coming on here spouting drivel.

It’s only an opinion !
You may not like what some people write, but this is how they think, and to imply that it’s drivel is rather challenged!

Forums are for letting off steam and trying to rationalise one’s inner demons, anger disappointment and frustration are intrinsically linked to performance and result...that’s a given,

Forums are for intellectualising negative/positive debate, not to just give an opinion on someone else’s opinion, that’s called “ closing down” debate and doesn’t achieve anything....other than to rally a negative support from like minded writers....

Just sayin tha nos !

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 20, 2019, 08:16:11 am by sha66y »
I hope when John eventually leaves us he scores against us, then celebrates like f**k. I'd take pleasure in knowing he will have ruined some goons weekend's.

On his current performance level, that is highly unlikely, however I just st want him to find his boots for us in the meantime...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 20, 2019, 08:18:29 am by drfchound »

On his current performance level, that is highly unlikely, however I just st want him to find his boots for us in the meantime...

I bet you were willing JM to have a poor game so that you could continue your crusade against him.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 20, 2019, 08:24:50 am by sha66y »

I bet you were willing JM to have a poor game so that you could continue your crusade against him.

Very schoolyard Hound,
No I never wish any of our players to have a bad game...they just do !
However ,
When I see tinkering with a system to accommodate our top goal scorer in the hope that he will score, I find it perplexing!
JM historically scored 20 goals very quickly, but that ended a while ago,
Now he isn’t scoring, so what’s changed besides the January valuation fiasco?

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 20, 2019, 09:36:45 am by esdailles left foot »
The only thing that's embarrassing is this John marquis love fest. Open your eyes, old lovely locks is now costing us points but is safe in the knowledge that Grant will never drop / sub him. The manager seems to have little faith in Tyler Smith and keeps preferring Alfred.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 20, 2019, 09:40:20 am by esdailles left foot »

You're a Kitson

You're a Barton !

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 20, 2019, 09:44:48 am by bedale rover »
I thought that sunderland were very conservative
Allowing us the ball and then breaking against us
There were 2 differences  Charlie Wyke who scored one and made the other and
The "gargoyle" ref as someone behind me christened him was was totally incompetent

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 20, 2019, 11:14:25 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Marquis does better with ball to feet so why on earth we sometimes go for "chance it and hope they miskick it" hoofball I'll never know. I hope he's having a go at the guilty parties.

Yesterday we were outclassed by tactics, formation, desire, risking, skill, speed of play, speed of thought, pressing, passing, challenges, and the freekin ref.  Did I miss anything? If we'd have got the Butler pen, scored the Andrew free kick we'd have been tried and convicted of robbery.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 20, 2019, 03:47:00 pm by grayx »
Im not sure if its due to tactics or formation that we’re playing but ive never seen a teams  leading scorer look LESS likely to score than JM does at the moment.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 20, 2019, 04:20:11 pm by Lesonthewest »
Marquis does better with ball to feet so why on earth we sometimes go for "chance it and hope they miskick it" hoofball I'll never know. I hope he's having a go at the guilty parties.

Yesterday we were outclassed by tactics, formation, desire, risking, skill, speed of play, speed of thought, pressing, passing, challenges, and the freekin ref.  Did I miss anything? If we'd have got the Butler pen, scored the Andrew free kick we'd have been tried and convicted of robbery.

Spot on. We were poor, they made us look very poor, men against boys & showed again we are a long way away from being top 3 standard. They did a job on us at the Keepmoat & again yesterday, we had absolutely no answer, hopefully we can get over the line & make a few bob in the play-offs, but the manager has to recruit well in the summer if we stay in this league.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 20, 2019, 08:44:18 pm by drfchound »

Very schoolyard Hound,
No I never wish any of our players to have a bad game...they just do !
However ,
When I see tinkering with a system to accommodate our top goal scorer in the hope that he will score, I find it perplexing!
JM historically scored 20 goals very quickly, but that ended a while ago,
Now he isn’t scoring, so what’s changed besides the January valuation fiasco?

Not schoolyard at all.
Just an observation of what I thought you might write.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 20, 2019, 08:50:49 pm by adamtherover »

It’s only an opinion !
You may not like what some people write, but this is how they think, and to imply that it’s drivel is rather challenged!

Forums are for letting off steam and trying to rationalise one’s inner demons, anger disappointment and frustration are intrinsically linked to performance and result...that’s a given,

Forums are for intellectualising negative/positive debate, not to just give an opinion on someone else’s opinion, that’s called “ closing down” debate and doesn’t achieve anything....other than to rally a negative support from like minded writers....

Just sayin tha nos !
Sha66y defends esdales left foot negative post shocker!!!   Who would have thought it...

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 20, 2019, 09:04:14 pm by Barmby Rover »
The basics are, Luton and Sunderland are much better than us and deserve to go up. We are just about on a par with the other 4 and so it is a lottery to see who wins play offs, are we as well equipped for the Championship as the last two times? I don't think so, we need much more resources to make a fist of it if we are the lucky ones in the competition. That will not be coming soon, I hope to be proved wrong!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 20, 2019, 09:29:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
The basics are, Luton and Sunderland are much better than us and deserve to go up. We are just about on a par with the other 4 and so it is a lottery to see who wins play offs, are we as well equipped for the Championship as the last two times? I don't think so, we need much more resources to make a fist of it if we are the lucky ones in the competition. That will not be coming soon, I hope to be proved wrong!

This is a good point. Ok we beat Luton Town early in season but they hammered us more recently and are clearly best side this season. Likewise we have never looked like beating Sunderland in either game.

From the other teams we are unbeaten against Dingles and Portsmouth, and have W1 D1 L1 against Charlton this season, with two of those three games against Charlton being away.

I would much rather be playing Dingles than Sunderland. Psychologically there is little chance we could get our side in right place to beat Sunderland over two more matches. Arguably we could have beaten Dingles (just) in both games this season and the team will know that should we face them in the play offs.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 20, 2019, 11:17:21 pm by Draytonian III »
How’s the beer in Armthorpe ? As it seems to be a little quieter tonight

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 20, 2019, 11:39:50 pm by redwine »
In answer to the OP I'd go for Christian Ronaldo  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012