Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:24:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our morons  (Read 4823 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Our morons
« on April 19, 2019, 11:14:25 pm by esdailles left foot »
Everywhere they go embarrassing themselves and DRFC, just sit down and act like decent human beings. Also why is finding your seat so taxing. It's alphabetical and numbered, for the love of Coops.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Our morons
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2019, 11:18:50 pm by idler »
Our seats were numbered and alphabetical but we ended up at the far side as it was unreserved.

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 19, 2019, 11:25:59 pm by ExileRover »
Stewards decision to make it unreserved was the the problem. 

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 19, 2019, 11:30:07 pm by esdailles left foot »
It wasn't unreserved, just the halfwits sitting anywhere

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 19, 2019, 11:33:39 pm by ExileRover »
I went to sit in my seat where a family were already sat there. Steward next to them told us to find somewhere else to sit not the family sat in our seat. Not sure they were “halfwits” as you call them. We got to our seats 30mins before kick off as well

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2019, 11:36:29 pm by esdailles left foot »
If you can't find a numbered seat or just can't be bothered, you ARE a halfwit

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 19, 2019, 11:45:02 pm by dickos1 »
People sat where they wanted and when people approached stewards to inform them of this. The stewards just said find somewhere else to sit then.
Nothing to do with not finding a numbered seat.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 19, 2019, 11:45:15 pm by pib »
I agree with acting like decent human beings but no wonder our atmosphere is shite with some of the attitudes in our fan base.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 19, 2019, 11:58:26 pm by RedJ »
To be fair, vast majority of away games is effectively sit where you want anyway, so not exactly a shock that it happened today. There's plenty of seats to sit in, it's rarely difficult to find somewhere you want to be.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2019, 12:23:58 am by The Red Baron »
Everywhere they go embarrassing themselves and DRFC, just sit down and act like decent human beings. Also why is finding your seat so taxing. It's alphabetical and numbered, for the love of Coops.

Because I am disabled, the stewards told me I could sit where was most convenient. Soon after a few lads came along and I was in one of their seats but there was enough room on the row so they sat next to me. They were fine with it.

I wish some of our fans would take a similar attitude. I certainly don't appreciate being called a moron for following the advice of the stewards and if you'd like to discuss this further I'd be happy to do so.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2019, 12:32:40 am by Padge_DRFC »

Oh seriously f**k off you miserable     

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2019, 06:54:14 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
To be fair the first thing the stewards told us when we went in was sit where you want. Can't blame people for that....

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2019, 08:07:28 am by DearneValleyRover »
I approached a steward when we got in to find my seat and he said it’s unreserved sit where you want, can’t blame the fans for that

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2019, 08:08:39 am by ExileRover »

Thank for that and you think our fans are morons, have a look in the mirror mate. As I said, I found my seat to find a family of 4 sat in them. They were told by the steward to sit where they want, we questioned this with said steward and he told US to find a different seat not our allocated one. Get your facts right before criticising others.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 20, 2019, 08:09:56 am by drfchound »
It depends on which steward you asked.
One told me to sit in my allocated seat but another told a mate to sit where he wanted to.
When my group of three got to our allocated place the seats were taken, the people said they had been told to sit where they wanted so we just went one row back, into someone else’s seats, and so it goes on.
Not a problem to anyone that I could see.
What was an issue though was a group of lads who came in right on kick off time and stood in an aisle.
One prat even actually stood right in front of a bloke who was sat in his seat.
The police came along though and told them to move or be ejected from the ground and after a few minutes they all moved into seats, which were all clearly available when they came in.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 20, 2019, 08:21:36 am by NickDRFC »
I didn’t even realise that it wasn’t unallocated - I walked in just after 5 and found some empty seats with my party of 4. There were an awful lot of people coming in after kick off, would have been carnage if they’d tried to get to their seats but think they were well stewarded and directed to empty spots.

Speaking of morons, was anyone else on the train out from Newcastle at quarter to four?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 20, 2019, 08:31:50 am by sha66y »

Thank for that and you think our fans are morons, have a look in the mirror mate. As I said, I found my seat to find a family of 4 sat in them. They were told by the steward to sit where they want, we questioned this with said steward and he told US to find a different seat not our allocated one. Get your facts right before criticising others.

But surely if every person allocated a seat number sat in their own seat that was on the ticket...NOBODY would be in the wrong seat causing the domino effect of everyone being in the wrong seat...

The most logical conclusion being , someone or group of someone’s chose not to sit in the seats they had been allocated, for reasons best known to them!

I believe them to be the cause and enmity of the OP

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 20, 2019, 09:01:18 am by Arsenal Of The North »

I asked about 4 stewards to point me in the right direction to my seat, each one of them said sit anywhere... so your completely miles of the point with that comment

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 20, 2019, 10:01:46 am by The Red Baron »
For a club that was in the Premier League a few years ago, the stewarding was piss-poor.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 20, 2019, 10:08:43 am by idler »
You need to see someone.
Nearly all of your posts are aggressive without cause.
Have you ever made a positive post never mind a polite one?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 20, 2019, 10:15:21 am by RedJ »
What I didn't understand was why did they close down the back row? That caused more issues than was worth, surely. Seemed pointless to me.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 20, 2019, 10:23:26 am by Bristol Red Rover »
....Also why is finding your seat so taxing. It's alphabetical and numbered, for the love of Coops.

Not sure everyone is feeling your same love of Coops. There's definitely a few contested seats here  :mad: Oh, and one in the top left's starting up with the Poznan, that'll get 'em cooing  :lol:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 20, 2019, 10:26:51 am by Bristol Red Rover »
What I didn't understand was why did they close down the back row? That caused more issues than was worth, surely. Seemed pointless to me.
Preventing banging on the stadium corrugations?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 20, 2019, 10:49:24 am by rich1471 »
yesterday when people entered the ground the stewards were saying it was unreserved and sit were you like , just because people get drunk come in late and want to stand in the isle is no fault of fans who get there early

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 20, 2019, 11:06:13 am by nortikorner »
if you were told when you arrive at the turnstile,  that you seat was unavilable because it had already been take and you could not enter what would you say

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 20, 2019, 11:08:22 am by pib »
It creates a real issue when the seats are allocated on the ticket, but nothing is joined up in terms of what is communicated.

Yesterday the first steward we saw in the ground directed us to the seats on our tickets, so he obviously didn’t get the memo.

Same issue occurred at Scunny this season. SLO’s (and I think the club) said it was de facto unreserved, then in the ground the stewards were insistent it was allocated.

If everybody is on the same page it shouldn’t be a problem. We might actually be able to get a decent atmosphere going at away games if this kind of thing is sorted out.

People shouldn’t be stopped or shamed from going to the game, having a few drinks and a bit of fun, and trying to get an atmosphere going. Neither should people who want to sit quietly be made to feel unwelcome or unsafe. There’s room for both, it just needs organising a bit.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 20, 2019, 11:15:17 am by dickos1 »

But surely if every person allocated a seat number sat in their own seat that was on the ticket...NOBODY would be in the wrong seat causing the domino effect of everyone being in the wrong seat...

The most logical conclusion being , someone or group of someone’s chose not to sit in the seats they had been allocated, for reasons best known to them!

I believe them to be the cause and enmity of the OP

Why would you if the stewards were just telling you to sit anywhere when you entered the ground?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 20, 2019, 11:19:36 am by Bristol Red Rover »
If everybody is on the same page it shouldn’t be a problem. We might actually be able to get a decent atmosphere going at away games if this kind of thing is sorted out.

People shouldn’t be stopped or shamed from going to the game, having a few drinks and a bit of fun, and trying to get an atmosphere going. Neither should people who want to sit quietly be made to feel unwelcome or unsafe. There’s room for both, it just needs organising a bit.

In most away situations it's not an issue as there's plenty of space. If space is tight, must have allocated and unallocated sections. Allocated is all seated, unallocated is who stands wins. And stewards to know that this is what happens and enforce it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 20, 2019, 11:22:57 am by RedJ »
Preventing banging on the stadium corrugations?

Well yes but half a dozen lads who'd barely make ten stone wet through thumping them is hardly going to bring the stadium down on top of everyone.

Why even bother having a back row right up against the corrugated metal if that's a genuine issue?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 20, 2019, 11:24:19 am by Boomstick »
I think going to an away match will never be the experience you want it to be.
If you get that wound up by it, I'd suggest watching away matches on I follow.
For a huge amount of people, away matches are about the craic, the banter, a day out with the lads on the booze.
It's great, and I love it, and its just the way it is.

Oh and pound to a pinch of shit, I bet big clubs with huge followings everywhere, who all stand, don't get boring miserable gits moaning about it at the first opportunity.
If you don't like it, don't go.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012