Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:35:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our morons  (Read 4822 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Our morons
« Reply #30 on April 20, 2019, 12:09:41 pm by NickDRFC »
There might be occasional issues but celebrating a goal in a packed away end with like-minded fans is  worlds apart from sitting in the home end.

One of my biggest regrets is that at Stoke I was sitting in the directors box - felt like I really missed out on being part of the away end even though there were plenty supporting Rovers around me. That’s probably why I look back on Wembley a lot more fondly than Stoke - the celebrations were so much better in the thick of it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 20, 2019, 12:13:57 pm by pib »
I'm going to bite here, but how can you be "beyond" jumping around and get wrapped up in supporting your team (unless of course you don't support that team)  :lol:

You don't get to a point where you "graduate" to a higher level of football fan where you're now detached from it all - that's just called being a neutral.

Same applies for going in the home end. For me as a supporter, the only way I'd be in the home end for an away game would be if I missed out on getting a ticket for our end. That's it.

Even having said all that about neutrals, I've been to watch other teams with mates who support them (as both a "home" and "away" fan) and it was a greatly more enjoyable experience for me when I immersed myself in it and tried to treat it as if I was a supporter of that club.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 20, 2019, 12:32:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
...Even having said all that about neutrals, I've been to watch other teams with mates who support them (as both a "home" and "away" fan) and it was a greatly more enjoyable experience for me when I immersed myself in it and tried to treat it as if I was a supporter of that club.

Tried that a few times and except for a few nonleague games, it was a shite experience and shan't bother again. Try as I might, I couldn't make that leap into pretending, everything felt counter to it, even when I strongly disliked the opposition. But good that you could make the best of it.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 20, 2019, 12:38:35 pm by pib »
...Even having said all that about neutrals, I've been to watch other teams with mates who support them (as both a "home" and "away" fan) and it was a greatly more enjoyable experience for me when I immersed myself in it and tried to treat it as if I was a supporter of that club.

Tried that a few times and except for a few nonleague games, it was a shite experience and shan't bother again. Try as I might, I couldn't make that leap into pretending, everything felt counter to it, even when I strongly disliked the opposition. But good that you could make the best of it.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't fully throw myself into it like with Rovers, and ultimately didn't care much about the result, but I found it quite an enjoyable experience to try and take part a bit.

On all occasions it's been in big grounds with big crowds so it was easier to get wrapped up in it because it felt like a big occasion. The one time I struggled was going on the Kop at Hillsborough with a Wednesday supporting mate because I can't f**king stand them.  :lol:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 20, 2019, 12:51:00 pm by i_ateallthepies »
For a club that was in the Premier League a few years ago, the stewarding was piss-poor.

All of the stewarding activity that I saw was excellent.  They were friendly, helpful and dealt with a number of situations without antagonising anyone or giving cause for adverse reaction.  What more do you expect from them?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 20, 2019, 01:52:14 pm by silent majority »
For a club that was in the Premier League a few years ago, the stewarding was piss-poor.

All of the stewarding activity that I saw was excellent.  They were friendly, helpful and dealt with a number of situations without antagonising anyone or giving cause for adverse reaction.  What more do you expect from them?

I thought they were pretty good too. They handled the late influx and the overflow area impeccably.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 20, 2019, 01:56:00 pm by idler »
The stewards and police were the ones left to pick up the prices of a decision made by the ticket office staff I imagine.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 20, 2019, 01:58:18 pm by silent majority »
The stewards and police were the ones left to pick up the prices of a decision made by the ticket office staff I imagine.

Not really. The overflow area is there for a particular reason, it was utilised exactly as intended yesterday.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 20, 2019, 03:32:04 pm by ravenrover »
Well if the photo of the crowd I've just seen is anything to go by you could have chosen to sit anywhere you wanted, loads of space

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 20, 2019, 07:20:02 pm by idler »
We made the mistake of having good seats and expecting to sit in them came in about kick off and finished up as far as the overflow area extended.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 20, 2019, 08:18:12 pm by drfchound »
Well if the photo of the crowd I've just seen is anything to go by you could have chosen to sit anywhere you wanted, loads of space

Which really begs the question about why some of the latecomers decided to stand in an aisle and obstruct the view of other supporters.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 20, 2019, 08:24:09 pm by Donnywolf »
Perhaps they are auditioning as future Referees ?

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 21, 2019, 02:12:35 am by jackthelad »

It wasn’t the stewards that were the problem. It was the police presence in the concourse trying to create a issue out of nothing.

Whilst at the same time watching young’uns no older than 15 max drink as much booze as they want...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012