Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:37:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Liverpool-Huddersfield next week  (Read 2308 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Liverpool-Huddersfield next week
« on April 21, 2019, 06:51:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Huddersfield are 55/1 against.

What is the point?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: Liverpool-Huddersfield next week
« Reply #1 on April 21, 2019, 09:20:46 pm by Red wizard »
Because you never know in football. Stranger things have happened.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 21, 2019, 09:59:08 pm by Chris Black come back »
They are absolutely appalling. Since 1 December they have lost every single game they have played, bar one win and one draw. In that run they have lost 21 games and are currently on a 7 game run of straight losses.

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 21, 2019, 11:14:05 pm by nightporter »
They are absolutely appalling. Since 1 December they have lost every single game they have played, bar one win and one draw. In that run they have lost 21 games and are currently on a 7 game run of straight losses.

1 nil Huddersfield then.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2019, 04:08:55 am by Colemans Left Hook »

What is the point?

and Rovers were 50/1 on to win the division the other year  :suicide:

Cardiff performed well holding Liverpool for 59 minutes at a once top priced 19/1

---------------------

at least one poster was optomistic about their (Huddersfield's) chances this season ....  clutching at straws you could say they have been consistent

They loaned zero Liverpool players this season so I'll go with...zero, again.

They've stayed in the league, why would they sign load more players? Their squad is good enough by it's very definition so it won't take wholesale changes to give it a good go of doing it again.

:suicide:

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=266170.0
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 04:20:51 am by Colemans Left Hook »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2019, 06:47:09 am by GazLaz »
Because you never know in football. Stranger things have happened.

They should be 500/1.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2019, 07:10:39 am by Donnywolf »

1 nil Huddersfield then.

Could be - as Jeff S says "anything DOES happen"

Look at Friday - a Team (playing away) down to 10 men inside 10 minutes - who then go a goal down. They then play against a Top 2 Team with only those 10 men - and incredibly despite having the worst away record in the Division pull off a tremendous win !

Forget anythin can happen - anything DOES happen

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2019, 08:18:21 am by Donnywolf »
Yeah thats pretty comprehensive !

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2019, 08:50:52 am by GazLaz »
The stat which gets me...

Teams in the top six have won all 33 of their fixtures against sides currently in the bottom three so far this season.

The gulf in class between top and bottom has never been greater!

... but anything can happen!!! When they win one the anything can happen crew will be out in force but they will forget the previous 30+ attempts the bottom sides have had!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2019, 09:42:32 am by RoversAlias »

What is the point?

and Rovers were 50/1 on to win the division the other year  :suicide:

Cardiff performed well holding Liverpool for 59 minutes at a once top priced 19/1

---------------------

at least one poster was optomistic about their (Huddersfield's) chances this season ....  clutching at straws you could say they have been consistent

They loaned zero Liverpool players this season so I'll go with...zero, again.

They've stayed in the league, why would they sign load more players? Their squad is good enough by it's very definition so it won't take wholesale changes to give it a good go of doing it again.

:suicide:

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=266170.0

I wasn't even posting in this thread, but by all means have a dig.

You post utter, utter tripe all over this board and I'm tired of having to read/scroll past it. I'm perfectly entitled to point that out because it remains baffling coming on here and having to try and decipher your nonsense. I'm far from the only person who feels this way either.

On the subject of that post in question, certainly Huddersfield have not given it a good go this season. But they never have relied on Liverpool players so the insinuation of that last year was ridiculous and that's what I was responding to at the time.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2019, 09:53:48 am by Donnywolf »
The stat which gets me...

Teams in the top six have won all 33 of their fixtures against sides currently in the bottom three so far this season.

The gulf in class between top and bottom has never been greater!

... but anything can happen!!! When they win one the anything can happen crew will be out in force but they will forget the previous 30+ attempts the bottom sides have had!

For me it’s the biggest mismatch of a Premier League game since 2007/08.

Huddersfield are ‘Derby County’ type bad, even though they’ve got a couple more points and wins than what the Rams mustered up in that season. The top teams, evident by the points tallies now compared to 10–15 years back, are stronger.

Now I’ve said it, bank on a 1-0 Huddersfield! 😂

.... and a double over Wolves in that list of wins. Unbelievable Jeff !

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2019, 10:47:48 am by RoversAlias »
I'm not letting someone make pathetic, very thinly veiled digs at me without responding, Rigo. Having a go at my personal life, job or financial situation isn't justified, I never say a word about Coleman's personal life or anything of the sort because I don't know him and why would I.

I don't go around insulting Coleman, I respond to his posts to point out that they are, more often than not, gibberish. I'm not the only one who points it out either. I don't have a vendetta or agenda against him, despite what he seems to believe, and at times when he's posted things I do find funny or that raise a point worth discussing, I say so.

I've come on here this morning to find three separate posts aimed at me, one in a thread I hadn't even posted in, and one in which he has dug back a year through threads to bring something I said up and attempt to make me look stupid. He's failed on that one anyway, but it has rankled me because he's decided to take shots at what I do for a living, completely unnecessarily.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2019, 11:05:10 am by pib »
Respect has to be earned.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2019, 01:32:31 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I'm not letting someone make pathetic, very thinly veiled digs at me without responding, Rigo. Having a go at my personal life, job or financial situation isn't justified, I never say a word about Coleman's personal life or anything of the sort because I don't know him and why would I.

I don't go around insulting Coleman, I respond to his posts to point out that they are, more often than not, gibberish. I'm not the only one who points it out either. I don't have a vendetta or agenda against him, despite what he seems to believe, and at times when he's posted things I do find funny or that raise a point worth discussing, I say so.

I've come on here this morning to find three separate posts aimed at me, one in a thread I hadn't even posted in, and one in which he has dug back a year through threads to bring something I said up and attempt to make me look stupid. He's failed on that one anyway, but it has rankled me because he's decided to take shots at what I do for a living, completely unnecessarily.

How do you think I feel when folk have a go at me? Doesn’t bother me though as you eventually realise what folk say on a forum behind an anonymous facade and in person are two entirely separate things.

the funny thing is i was ONLY "having a go as you call it " at rovers alias over his post about Huddersfield pre-seaon . FULL STOP. Nothing else I posted was aimed at him whatsoever.

Actually it's BST's fault for starting that thread about Huddersfield otherwise i  would not have quoted it -  huddersfield being the topic on the thread

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2019, 02:28:43 pm by RoversAlias »

How do you think I feel when folk have a go at me? Doesn’t bother me though as you eventually realise what folk say on a forum behind an anonymous facade and in person are two entirely separate things.

Well of course, I'm not sat here weeping about it but I'll defend my position (or other posters if I feel it's warranted). This is a public discussion forum so we're all entitled to put our opinions across, and in turn we are all open to being scrutinised or rebuffed or whathaveyou.

Coleman has taken to PMs which I'll respect and leave that off the open forum now.

Huddersfield by the way, imagine if they get a result at Liverpool that ultimately helps City to the title. Would be talked about for years.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2019, 02:40:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
My point in the OP was that it is utterly ridiculous that you have such disparities of quality in a single league that one side should be 55/1 against to win a match.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012