Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:58:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (22.2%)
5 (55.6%)
1 (11.1%)
0 - Totally Useless
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: May 03, 2019, 08:15:01 pm

Author Topic: Oxford United v Rovers - 27/4/19- Charles Breakspear  (Read 2424 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Referee: Charles Breakspear
Assistants: Marc Wilson and Darren Wilding
4O: Justin Amey

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Oxford United v Rovers - 27/4/19- Charles Breakspear
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2019, 08:01:32 am by Donnywolf »
Not reffed us for a while but on the face of it not too bad

Think he is 41 so may cover the ground a bit easier than others of late.

His record when reffing OUFC is 5 wins and 5 draws / losses

He does like giving Penalties by the look of it - and is not averse to doling out Cards either

Wonder if he is related to the only English Pope ever - Nicholas Breakspear ? Time will tell

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 27, 2019, 08:19:13 pm by The Red Baron »
Bit of a mixed bag. I thought he was poor first half but improved second half. He certainly p*ssed the home fans off. Excellent call to disallow what would have been Oxford's third for handball.

The Oxford fans reckoned the goal disallowed for offside when Marosi parried a shot was on. Personally I thought their equalizer in the first half was offside, so maybe a rare case of things balancing out.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 27, 2019, 09:20:14 pm by RedJ »
Made some f**king bizarre decisions in their favour. Reckon Marquis should've gotten a penalty too but it was down the other end so not 100% and not seen it back yet.

salisburyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 27, 2019, 09:44:08 pm by salisburyrover »
Bit of a mixed bag. I thought he was poor first half but improved second half. He certainly p*ssed the home fans off. Excellent call to disallow what would have been Oxford's third for handball.

The Oxford fans reckoned the goal disallowed for offside when Marosi parried a shot was on. Personally, I thought their equalizer in the first half was offside, so maybe a rare case of things balancing out.

I thought their equalizer looked a yard offside..the clip on sky sports looks like Butler played him on but the angel doesn't really help. I was pretty much inline and a couple of those around also called it offside. Didn't help the liner being five yards behind play!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 28, 2019, 10:31:58 am by The Red Baron »
Made some f**king bizarre decisions in their favour. Reckon Marquis should've gotten a penalty too but it was down the other end so not 100% and not seen it back yet.

The challenge on Marquis was just outside the box. I thought it was a foul though.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 28, 2019, 07:07:41 pm by Donnywolf »
The Lino WAS always behind play by 5 or more yards and clearly missed 3 early offsides

He gave them offside at the 4th attempt when he was way behind play - and I am sure it was only the outrage in the roar from Rovers fans that made his mind up

I thought we had one (may have been the equaliser) that was similarly offside that he missed

Now a question .... Tommy Rowe and one of theirs went into a block tackle right on halfway - and the Ref waved play on. Both of them laid out on the pitch injured. Ref decided to stop play ... bu then awarded a Foul to them

Cant see any reason personally - it did not look a foul either way - and TR obviously came off worst - so any ideas anybody ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012