Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:08:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tickets for home leg  (Read 40588 times)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
Re: Tickets for home leg
« Reply #330 on May 11, 2019, 10:14:13 am by WheatleyRover »
We won't sell out now, looking at the online system their will be patches of empty seats in the East and West stands, disappointing

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #331 on May 11, 2019, 10:22:28 am by Boomstick »
Grant mcann has said the fans make a huge difference.
Wonder how he feels about giving Charlton an advantage by giving them 800 extra seats?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #332 on May 11, 2019, 10:27:17 am by Padge_DRFC »
Think they've only sold part of behind the goal the 800 extra is to sell behind the goal

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #333 on May 11, 2019, 10:28:01 am by IDM »
We won't sell out now, looking at the online system their will be patches of empty seats in the East and West stands, disappointing

Oh for f**ks sake man.!  Those who want to/can go, will be there..

Just enjoy the game and celebrate that we are in the play offs, rather than getting bothered about the total attendance.!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #334 on May 11, 2019, 10:28:40 am by vaya »
Wonder how he feels about giving Charlton an advantage by giving them 800 extra seats?

It's about time we banned away fans full stop. This will guarantee us 69 points at the start of the season.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #335 on May 11, 2019, 10:29:05 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Give it a rest man! We're doomed, we're doomed I tell thi!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #336 on May 11, 2019, 10:42:11 am by Campsall rover »
Just been in to collect some tickets. Asked Suzanne about the capacity and it is around 14.000 but the segregation can be reduced if required.
We have total sales of just short of around 12.500 including 3.800 for Charlton Athletic. So that’s 8.700 home fans.
I do hope we will get the rest sold today and tomorrow.
To be honest if we don’t the board must be wondering what they have to do to fill this ground.
COME ON ALL THOSE WHO HAVEN’T BOUGHT A TICKET YET.
The weather is set fair and this is A BIG GAME. It’s NOT the same on telly is it.  YOU CANT BEAT BEING THERE. COME ON FOLKS  :rtid:

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #337 on May 11, 2019, 10:54:45 am by adamtherover »
You would think the ticket office would be open until later tonight, loads of people turning up and its closed a 4pm
it baffles me still that folk will go to the ground instead of ringing them up, and collecting on the day...

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #338 on May 11, 2019, 11:00:31 am by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
You would think the ticket office would be open until later tonight, loads of people turning up and its closed a 4pm
it baffles me still that folk will go to the ground instead of ringing them up, and collecting on the day...
Having had to collect on the day for the Cov game (and been stuck at the end of a very long queue) I can 100% understand why people go to the ticket office.
I ordered mine online Wednesday and picked up Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #339 on May 11, 2019, 11:02:50 am by RedJ »
Is there a separate queue in the ticket office (I'm gathering it's open today?) for collections or do you have to join the buyers' queue?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #340 on May 11, 2019, 11:08:37 am by eastender »
48 tickets have now become available again in the south stand

I've said before on here , that the online ticket seat selector can't be trusted to calculate sales .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #341 on May 11, 2019, 11:24:39 am by Campsall rover »
Is there a separate queue in the ticket office (I'm gathering it's open today?) for collections or do you have to join the buyers' queue?
No queue or buyers this morning at 9-30 

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #342 on May 11, 2019, 11:24:49 am by knockers »

It baffles me why people don’t book online and have them posted for £1

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #343 on May 11, 2019, 11:34:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »

It baffles me why people don’t book online and have them posted for £1
The posting option wasn't available because the general sale only went on sale on Weds night.

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #344 on May 11, 2019, 11:37:23 am by ExileRover »
1449 left according to online ticketing which based on what Campsall has been told probably means whats left online is all that is left to make up the 14,000 unless they open the blocks in the west and reduce segregation.

815 west stand
11 south stand
623 east stand

Just been in to collect some tickets. Asked Suzanne about the capacity and it is around 14.000 but the segregation can be reduced if required.
We have total sales of just short of around 12.500 including 3.800 for Charlton Athletic. So that’s 8.700 home fans.
I do hope we will get the rest sold today and tomorrow.
To be honest if we don’t the board must be wondering what they have to do to fill this ground.
COME ON ALL THOSE WHO HAVEN’T BOUGHT A TICKET YET.
The weather is set fair and this is A BIG GAME. It’s NOT the same on telly is it.  YOU CANT BEAT BEING THERE. COME ON FOLKS  :rtid:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #345 on May 11, 2019, 11:37:59 am by IDM »
The posted tickets usually arrive next day.. I opted for post on Wednesday morning.. still waiting..

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #346 on May 11, 2019, 12:14:47 pm by Boomstick »

He’ll probably care a lot more if one of their players gives them an advantage.

The players they have won't change, the performance they give can. Improved by more of their fans.
Really surprised you cant see the concept of marginal gains.

It's short sighted penny pinching by the club on this occasion.
( although I'll repeat, I do think they are doing an OK job on the whole)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #347 on May 11, 2019, 12:18:54 pm by Donnywolf »
48 tickets have now become available again in the south stand

I've said before on here , that the online ticket seat selector can't be trusted to calculate sales .

Appears not because random Seats seem to appear as with those 48

There were a few added in different Blocks earlier and I assume that people cant swap online and the TO was not open so who was adding them ?

Also as I have said a few times I followed the sales for Coventry game and adding their sales as well I arrived at 11100 for a Comp I do. However the Gate declared was 12700+ - so online must not be accurate for some Games

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #348 on May 11, 2019, 12:24:38 pm by sheffield exile1 »
The posted tickets usually arrive next day.. I opted for post on Wednesday morning.. still waiting..

Cue Dianna Ross....

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #349 on May 11, 2019, 12:26:37 pm by Campsall rover »

The players they have won't change, the performance they give can. Improved by more of their fans.

So you would rather see empty seats then?
It doesn’t look as if this game has captured the imagination of the Doncaster public. If it had we would have sold out by Thurs tea time.
Charlton snapped up the further allocated 800 tickets in a day. They had sold 3.000 already.
Looks as though it has captured their imagination doesn’t it? Ex premier league club slumming it in League 1
Well done to the Charlton fans. You have to applaud that level of support from 185 miles away.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #350 on May 11, 2019, 12:32:44 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
...Also as I have said a few times I followed the sales for Coventry game and adding their sales as well I arrived at 11100 for a Comp I do. However the Gate declared was 12700+ - so online must not be accurate for some Games
The online system does seem bizarre. It's not just the SS where suddenly more tickets become available. The Cov game discrepancy between declared and actual attendance was affected by non attending STH, as well as sales on the day, though that still doesn't account for what you say.

Good to hear the away game will be unreserved, and that gradually the sales are increasing there. If anything, the noise that can be made there will be the most significant input from fans, especially as players tire.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #351 on May 11, 2019, 12:54:24 pm by nice one rovers »
 South Stand SOLD OUT. Ive just bought the last in the South stand.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #352 on May 11, 2019, 01:03:00 pm by Boomstick »

It doesn’t look as if this game has captured the imagination of the Doncaster public. If it had we would have sold out by Thurs tea time.
Charlton snapped up the further allocated 800 tickets in a day. They had sold 3.000 already.
Looks as though it has captured their imagination doesn’t it? Ex premier league club slumming it in League 1
Well done to the Charlton fans. You have to applaud that level of support from 185 miles away.
Yes, to be fair in this huge crunch game I'd rather have the empty seats in the away end.
Don't get me wrong, just for this game where we need every possible advantage.
I'd prefer we gave them the very bare minimum (1500?) don't forget the club will make hardly any money from gate receipts after the efl Rob their share.

I agree about the donny public, its so frustrating.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #353 on May 11, 2019, 01:20:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The EFL want to maximise their return. We would be reported if we blocked Charlton's request for extra tickets without good reason.

To say we're making hardly any money out of it is also way off the mark. Proportionately we are set to gain more than the other 3 clubs when the pot is divided equally. With a belt and braces guestimation, I reckon we're on to collect between £185k to £200k plus TV money.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #354 on May 11, 2019, 01:22:09 pm by Boomstick »
The EFL want to maximise their return. We would be reported if we blocked Charlton's request for extra tickets without good reason.

To say we're making hardly any money out of it is also way off the mark. Proportionately we are set to gain more than the other 3 clubs when the pot is divided equally. With a belt and braces guestimation, I reckon we're on to collect between £185k to £200k plus TV money.
Maybe, but the extra from the added 800 is f**k all.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #355 on May 11, 2019, 01:29:38 pm by selby »
Boomstick, you don't half talk tripe at times, we will not get a pittance from the game at all, car parking,shop sales, bar and food sales, TV fees, advertising, programme sales, if nothing else they allow more for the turnover for fair play rules.
  Add the fact that all three other participants who are much bigger pool their cut and we will come out of it quite well I think.
  And when was the last time you got an assist from where you were sitting, or gave a player instructions that caused him to score a goal?
  Apart from that we get our share of any money distributed to  the division 1 clubs by the EFL the same as every other club.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #356 on May 11, 2019, 01:31:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Since football is a game for fans, if we had several hundred seats available for away fans who wanted them, and we refused to release them because of some marginal gain concept, we would quite rightly be castigated by the football community.

See, it's NOT about winning at all costs. It's about the experience. It's the journey, not the destination.

Put simply, I'd rather lose with dignity than win by being John Beck.

Think about it. If everyone does the marginal gains thing, nobody wins and everyone loses their dignity.

Football that is reduced to nasty, snarling bitterness is pointless.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:33:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #357 on May 11, 2019, 01:42:28 pm by drfchound »

Charlton are a bigger club than us with a bigger fan base.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #358 on May 11, 2019, 01:46:45 pm by Campsall rover »
Since football is a game for fans, if we had several hundred seats available for away fans who wanted them, and we refused to release them because of some marginal gain concept, we would quite rightly be castigated by the football community.

See, it's NOT about winning at all costs. It's about the experience. It's the journey, not the destination.

Put simply, I'd rather lose with dignity than win by being John Beck.

Think about it. If everyone does the marginal gains thing, nobody wins and everyone loses their dignity.

Football that is reduced to nasty, snarling bitterness is pointless.
BST don’t mention that name. If he was a football manager then i am from another solar system.
Watched Middlesbrough v Cambridge in 1993 a game which my step son Neil Illman played in for Boro and quite frankly i thought Cambridge were playing Rugby Union with a football.
90 mins of kicking the ball into touch as far as they could kick it. If that’s watching football then this game we love is not for me. He was a “man” masquerading as a football manager.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:54:08 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #359 on May 11, 2019, 01:49:34 pm by Campsall rover »
 :saywhat:

Charlton are a bigger club than us with a bigger fan base.
hound we know that but your missing the point. This is a league 1 play off match.
All we are asking is for 10.200 of the local population to turn up. Not 20.000+

TinyPortal © 2005-2012