Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 05:21:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tickets for home leg  (Read 40650 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Tickets for home leg
« Reply #90 on May 07, 2019, 04:34:13 pm by RedJ »
Surely they could easily make the ST holders' seats unavailable for non-ST holders till Thursday?

Problem is with not making tickets available for general sale till Thursday, that means it's too late to post them out to folk who buy on line. So there'll be massive queues on Sunday morning to pick up tickets.

They can't even make ambulant disabled tickets available online so that would probably be pushing it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 07, 2019, 06:01:10 pm by philsky »
Look I want two tickets for both legs but have the wait until Thursday

I’m not concentrating on the price as I just want to be there !!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on May 07, 2019, 06:12:15 pm by Donnywolf »
Surely they could easily make the ST holders' seats unavailable for non-ST holders till Thursday?

Corking idea imo.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on May 07, 2019, 06:16:20 pm by elmsallrover »
I'm a season ticket holder but got to wait till Thursday and move seat as my partner wants to go

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on May 07, 2019, 07:03:11 pm by drfchound »
If we were selling ours at 4 per person we would have sold 8000 on Monday.
Given the difference in the sizes of the two clubs I would say that would have been a pretty good day.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on May 07, 2019, 08:02:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Perhaps yes.  Next few days will tell us a lot.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on May 07, 2019, 09:05:37 pm by the vicar »
We have had this debate before, has the extra 800 allocation actually officially been decided on, or is this speculation sparked on social media.?

Some fans on here were calling the club all sorts last time this happened and were later proved wrong..

I read on a Charlton "site" cant remember if Official one or their Twitter feed that they had been allocated "3000+ with the option of a further 800"

See if I can find it and post later

Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial  May 5         🎟 We have confirmation that we will receive an allocation of just over 3,000 for our away tie at @drfc_official with an additional 800 seats if required. But hold tight, we'll announce when they will be going on sale as soon as we can. #cafc

I posted that way back on this thread

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on May 07, 2019, 09:43:37 pm by ridgewoodrover »
Been looking on there forum, they’re quite dismissive that we’d only sold 2000 tkts on Monday . Obviously don’t realise that they’re only 1 per season tkt holder. Someone’s thinking we will only shift 8000  :saywhat:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on May 07, 2019, 10:16:41 pm by RedJ »

Problem is with not making tickets available for general sale till Thursday, that means it's too late to post them out to folk who buy on line. So there'll be massive queues on Sunday morning to pick up tickets.

They can't even make ambulant disabled tickets available online so that would probably be pushing it.

Given the unnecessary ticket office bashing, it's probably worth pointing out that West Bromwich Albion - a considerably bigger club with greater resources - have closed their ticket office telephone number for a few days and given a special number to disabled fans to contact the club directly, so they can be accommodated.

Ultimately, everyone who wants a ticket will get one, so I think the ticket office staff deserve credit (rather than criticism) for their efforts.

It was a criticism of the software rather than the staff.

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on May 08, 2019, 06:46:41 am by DannyRovers »
Anybody know what time tickets will be available for Bronze Members online today?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on May 08, 2019, 07:32:24 am by steve@dcfd »
It says 9am when you go to ticketing online web site.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on May 08, 2019, 09:27:20 am by IDM »
Just bought mine (bronze member) and counted 4021 left online.. I don’t know if the system is showing ST holders places as unavailable until general sale tomorrow.?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on May 08, 2019, 09:31:13 am by RoversAlias »
I expect it will be.

Does anyone know if, when we hit midnight tonight, the General Sale will begin online? It did for the Palace game and it led to a sellout by about 10am. I have family wanting to come to this game so am keeping an eye on it, of course as a STH I got mine on Monday.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on May 08, 2019, 09:39:09 am by IDM »
Isn’t the general sale from 9 am tomorrow, like bronze members today.?

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on May 08, 2019, 09:51:21 am by philsky »
Boom.

I'd forgotten that me and Andy had bronze memberships to get Palace tickets.

They've come in handy for Charlton tickets !

Home and away - sorted !!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on May 08, 2019, 09:57:53 am by selby »
  The general sale of tickets for the Crystal Palace game started  round about midnight  of the said day of sale, giving the supporters with online facilities an advantage of the hours before the ticket office opened that day to choose their seats, and being generated on the computer probably kicks in automatically.
 It maybe worth checking at midnight tonight if you want to sit in a particular area.
  I have no problems with this system, it is the modern way, and also progresses the club, although a statement from the club advising of the facility, and probably saving people traveling to the KM and relieving pressure on the office staff on the day would be advisable if the same opportunity will be on offer.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 10:00:53 am by selby »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on May 08, 2019, 09:59:21 am by Donnywolf »
Boom.

As our hopes now then (sorry cant resist the obvious)

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on May 08, 2019, 10:03:50 am by philsky »
Boom.

As our hopes now then (sorry cant resist the obvious)

Its the away leg that I reckon will be super special

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on May 08, 2019, 10:19:03 am by IDM »
  The general sale of tickets for the Crystal Palace game started  round about midnight  of the said day of sale, giving the supporters with online facilities an advantage of the hours before the ticket office opened that day to choose their seats, and being generated on the computer probably kicks in automatically.
 It maybe worth checking at midnight tonight if you want to sit in a particular area.
  I have no problems with this system, it is the modern way, and also progresses the club, although a statement from the club advising of the facility, and probably saving people traveling to the KM and relieving pressure on the office staff on the day would be advisable if the same opportunity will be on offer.

It says on the online page for this game that general sale starts at 9 am on Thursday.. 4 tickets per person allowed..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on May 08, 2019, 10:37:14 am by selby »
 IDM, if it is an automatic system on line, coming on line with the date change at midnight, not at a set time, and the management are unaware, then tickets could come on line tonight at midnight.
   It has happened in the past.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on May 08, 2019, 10:52:47 am by IDM »
IDM, if it is an automatic system on line, coming on line with the date change at midnight, not at a set time, and the management are unaware, then tickets could come on line tonight at midnight.
   It has happened in the past.

Selby, it didn’t work half and hour after midnight this morning, for bronze members, as I tried it myself..
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:08:43 pm by IDM »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on May 08, 2019, 11:53:41 am by RoversAlias »
It was a valid point though, as I raised in regards to the Palace game. We were told by the club that General Sale began at 9am, but then people started posting on here that they could access it at midnight, leading to a mad dash for tickets in the early hours. The ground then had sold out barely an hour into physical sales hours at the ticket office.

So I'm wary of it being the same again here.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on May 08, 2019, 12:10:01 pm by IDM »
I know, and that is why I tried to buy bronze member tickets at 0030 today..

I can’t guarantee the same thing won’t happen again but I am only repeating what’s on the ticket pages..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on May 08, 2019, 12:16:41 pm by steve@dcfd »
Tried after midnight not available to buy, tried at 7am not available to buy, tried 8:55 system down. Succeeded at 9:30. Only one ticket as it said.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on May 08, 2019, 03:17:35 pm by Donnywolf »
Web site "down for maintenance" again

Must be hammering it !

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on May 08, 2019, 03:32:57 pm by Fur Calf »
It would appear that the club have left general sales until Thursday because the Ticket Office wouldn't be able to cope with the numbers wanting tickets. Also it would hold up season ticket holders, bronze members etc.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on May 08, 2019, 03:38:55 pm by selby »
  The change for open for sale to non restricted tickets could be activated by the change in the date and not the time, at the moment they are on sale to restricted people only at one per person.
 From tomorrow 4 per transaction to the general public with no restrictions.
  I say it could be, it was for the Crystal Palace game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on May 08, 2019, 05:36:17 pm by IDM »
Just seen on DROS that the general sale is available now..

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on May 08, 2019, 05:45:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The club are aware Charlton Athletic are close to selling out their initial allocation and the club will monitor the first day of general sales before making a decision on whether to grant the Addicks any additional tickets.

3153 tickets left before this was announced, lets hope we can sell quick and get the extra 800.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on May 08, 2019, 05:52:58 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I wouldn't be so confident Rigo. Now 2970 left and as far as I know, that's total, no season ticket places being held - that's a fair few sold since the very recent general sale started.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012