Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:28:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tickets for home leg  (Read 40591 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Tickets for home leg
« Reply #240 on May 09, 2019, 09:41:53 pm by Campsall rover »
I’m with you on that Campsall, although the attendances will usually follow the league position..

A crowd equalling or bettering our best league attendance this season is good enough..
Agreed IDM but i am referring to attendances in general not this play off match.
I am sure we will get 13.500. or even more on Sunday which is good but let’s face it if we didn’t get 10.000 home fans in for a League 1 play off when would we?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on May 09, 2019, 09:43:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Why are people so obsessed with crowd numbers?
Have you got yours? that's all that matters surely
Are you interested in competing on equal terms with Championship clubs ravenrover?
If so the attendances matter. If not then maybe they don’t.
I personally want to see this club establish itself in the 2nd tier of English football.
IT IS ACHIEVABLE. Is ambition not something worthy or something?

We all want us to compete on equal terms Campsall.
It will not happen financially though.
Sorry hound, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN FINANCIALLY?
What never? We may as well all give up and go home then. Why will it not happen?
This is not Fleetwood with no population. Burton with no history etc etc.

Premier league parachute payments might just have an influence.
Far bigger clubs than us with far bigger attendances could also possibly play a part.

Burton and Fleetwood won’t be in the Championship.
Burton have been though.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #242 on May 09, 2019, 09:45:59 pm by IDM »
I’m with you on that Campsall, although the attendances will usually follow the league position..

A crowd equalling or bettering our best league attendance this season is good enough..
Agreed IDM but i am referring to attendances in general not this play off match.
I am sure we will get 13.500. or even more on Sunday which is good but let’s face it if we didn’t get 10.000 home fans in for a League 1 play off when would we?

I agree we should have bigger crowds in the championship if we get there..

As for Sunday, I’m just looking forward to the game.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on May 09, 2019, 09:50:27 pm by Campsall rover »
But, as has been stated earlier in this and other threads, there are many reasons why some supporters are unable to attend.
Yes but every club can say that. It is not unique to Doncaster that people are not able to go for one reason or another.
It is time this town got of its arse and started supporting the local team in larger numbers.
We are not a pub team as some still want to portray us as.
We have owners that we should all be very
thankful for ( Understatement ) A set up that is community orientated, a fantastic modern stadium and a team that has the desire and ability to be successful.
WHAT MORE DOES THE DONCASTER PUBLIC WANT.
If we get to Wembley every Tom Dick and Harry will be wanting to go.
It’s time this club got the volume of support it deserves.
SORRY IF I SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD but it needs saying.

Agreed Campsall. It is a shame that for a town of our size we only manage to pull in a very small % of the population.

However, what can any of us do other than bang the drum in our own social circles? Can’t beat people over the head to attend so I tend to think it’s not something to get too worried about.
That’s what we have got to do pib keep banging the drum. Bring a friend. Bring sons, daughters, grand children etc.
The club is certainly doing its best to get the youngsters interested. They are the future.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on May 09, 2019, 09:51:20 pm by drfchound »
Why are people so obsessed with crowd numbers?
Have you got yours? that's all that matters surely
Are you interested in competing on equal terms with Championship clubs ravenrover?
If so the attendances matter. If not then maybe they don’t.
I personally want to see this club establish itself in the 2nd tier of English football.
IT IS ACHIEVABLE. Is ambition not something worthy or something?

We all want us to compete on equal terms Campsall.
It will not happen financially though.
Sorry hound, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN FINANCIALLY?
What never? We may as well all give up and go home then. Why will it not happen?
This is not Fleetwood with no population. Burton with no history etc etc.

Premier league parachute payments might just have an influence.
Far bigger clubs than us with far bigger attendances could also possibly play a part.

Burton and Fleetwood won’t be in the Championship.
Burton have been though.

True but they didn’t last long.
Twentieth place in their first season and relegated the next season.

We did much better than that.

Clubs like us, Burton, Rotherham and Barnsley will always struggle to compete financially in the Championship.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on May 09, 2019, 09:54:17 pm by drfchound »

I agree we should have bigger crowds in the championship if we get there..

As for Sunday, I’m just looking forward to the game.

We will have bigger crowds in the Championship.
The away end will usually ensure that.
I believe the away end is worth an extra one million pounds a season to us.

If we are doing ok then more floating fans will turn up, some of them to see the bigger clubs we will be playing against too.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on May 09, 2019, 10:06:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The thing is, income will increase proportionately overall if we get to the Championship over the income from our last visits. Besides the income we would receive as a Championship club without kicking a ball, the clubs income through TV money, sponsorship and through Club Doncaster activities will way exceed what we ever earned before.

The income from ticket sales/memberships over a season is important however fluctuations in attendances at individual games makes marginal differences.

It's not worth getting anxious about these things as our turnover will enable the board to sanction an increased budget.

As said above though, there are other clubs who benefit from parachute payments and will have bigger budgets, although their cost will be much higher too without necessarily having relative better quality on the pitch.

In other words, we will be financially fitter than many other clubs.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on May 09, 2019, 10:13:34 pm by drfchound »
DBR, Don’t forget though that all the extra benefits that we get will also be paid to the other clubs in the division.
Any financial gain we get will not improve our situation at all against the other clubs.

The only thing that might help is Club Doncaster revenue.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #248 on May 09, 2019, 10:22:17 pm by selby »
  I am enjoying the banter on this thread, but with two days left, the away end sold out, some sections of our supporters sold out and very near in some sections, and still being able to buy tickets on a walk up to the ticket office on match day,and on line.
   It could, and will not be far off a sell out to me, what's the fuss about.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on May 09, 2019, 10:23:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
DBR, Don’t forget though that all the extra benefits that we get will also be paid to the other clubs in the division.
Any financial gain we get will not improve our situation at all against the other clubs.

Yes. As I said, we'll be financially fitter than many other clubs who are already committed to higher costs including players on 'silly' contracts, bigger squads, etc, etc. We don't have the same baggage.

Don't get me wrong, it will be tough but if we have faith in McCann, he will acquire more bang for our buck and improve the quality of the squad.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #250 on May 09, 2019, 10:23:43 pm by drfchound »
  I am enjoying the banter on this thread, but with two days left, the away end sold out, some sections of our supporters sold out and very near in some sections, and still being able to buy tickets on a walk up to the ticket office on match day,and on line.
   It could, and will not be far off a sell out to me, what's the fuss about.

What indeed, total agreement mate.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on May 09, 2019, 10:25:04 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
  It does matter to us though, if we get 20% of the total takings from the pot of the playoffs as has been posted previously....

We get 12.125% of the total of the 4 semi match profits.

After match costs are taken off, and then a 3% levy to the EFL, 50% of the remainder goes to the pot for our league semi final play offs, and 50% into a pot for all the EFL.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/playoff-rules--regulations/

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #252 on May 09, 2019, 10:28:54 pm by silent majority »
  It does matter to us though, if we get 20% of the total takings from the pot of the playoffs as has been posted previously.
  Then we have posters wanting £10 and £5 and they are probably the ones who want us to spend big on incoming players, and moan the price affects the size of the crowd.
  Our team deserve our support, our owners also deserve the financial benefits our support for games like this bring in financially.

A couple of points of correction here though Selby.

Firstly the Palace game and the playoff games are run under different competitions with different rules, therefore changes in ticket prices aren't under our total control.

Secondly, we don't get 20%. The EFL take 50% of the pot, the other 50% is then shared out between the four clubs, which means we get 25% of 50%. In other words we don't get much.

PS You beat me to it BRR.

Christherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on May 09, 2019, 10:29:26 pm by Christherover »
Just a quick question. I’ve ordered tickets this evening. If I collect them tomorrow where do I collect them from?

Thanks

Chris

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on May 09, 2019, 10:30:21 pm by silent majority »
Just a quick question. I’ve ordered tickets this evening. If I collect them tomorrow where do I collect them from?

Thanks

Chris

The Box office.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on May 09, 2019, 10:34:25 pm by RoversAlias »
Since I last logged on, most threads have about 4/5 new posts. This thread has 2 whole pages.

Some people get so worked up about how many people go through the turnstile, we have this every time there's a big game. What's it worth obsessing over?

The ground will be just about full on Sunday, let's look forward to it and be excited that we get to extend our season and enjoy another big occasion or two.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #256 on May 09, 2019, 10:37:48 pm by drfchound »

Yes. As I said, we'll be financially fitter than many other clubs who are already committed to higher costs including players on 'silly' contracts, bigger squads, etc, etc. We don't have the same baggage.

Don't get me wrong, it will be tough but if we have faith in McCann, he will acquire more bang for our buck and improve the quality of the squad.

I have the utmost faith in McCann.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #257 on May 09, 2019, 10:40:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The net gain to us will outweigh any relatively small variation in our attendance. It's a win win!

So let's chill, let's concentrate on the games. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on May 09, 2019, 10:52:31 pm by drfchound »
I can't believe there's folk getting upset about folk getting upset over the potential attendance.

Just done a count and made 1,990 tickets available - which to me would equate to somewhere about 7k sold - that's purposely under egging the home sections a bit as SS will be at 90% capacity due to the unreserved seating, then the block at far end of West Stand which isn't on sale, other seats covered up with adverts in the corners, etc, then hospitality/directors which is obviously separate.

Add on Charlton's 3k-3.5k and that's 10,500 (approx) as a minimum, with two days to go.

I'm absolutely sure it'll pick up as it gets closer to the day/kick-off as well.

Think the South Stand will get close to selling out tomorrow - that's my prediction but we shall see!

Yep, agree with you on that assessment.

Haytershead

• Forum Member
« Reply #259 on May 09, 2019, 11:07:29 pm by Haytershead »
I agree and not sure what the fuss is about with this or how club could have done it better.

Game was confirmed late Saturday
Monday they went on sale tool season ticket holders and gave them 2 days.  I think this is fair, sth pay £400 a pop so should be given priority and many will have made plans bank holiday Monday so they should have had 2 days.
Wednesday was all other members and they gave opportunity for people to buy a membership on the day if anyone wanted to guarantee seats, that leaves 3 days plus the Sunday for general sale.

In terms of crowd there will be many thinking it's a tight month, 2 bank holidays plus a school holiday. Many went to Coventry that might not have been planning to had it not been must win and until Pompey caved against peterbro on the Tuesday it looked like a non event.
 Those same people are probably thinking of saving money on the semifinals to be able to afford a day out in the big smoke.

Providing the team show up against Charlton I couldn't care less how many fans join them.

If we sell out the same people moaning about not enough people getting behind the team will change to moaning about having to queue longer for a pint or traffic getting out of the stadium.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on May 10, 2019, 04:13:01 am by godlike1 »
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk

Well there you are this answers the question. So Charlton will have over 4000 fans there and we will have 9500 at most.

Have the club shot themselves in the foot with this?

Yes it's definitely money in the bank but we know how much noise that many fans can make in the away end.

For such an important game some clever tactics are needed and I think that this is where our club comes up short and shows its nievity at times.

We need every bit of advantage we can get. Look at Sunderland who have only given Portsmouth 2000.thats less than for a league game.

Even if we didn't sell out, so what... Its our ground and up to us to manage the support behined the team.

To be honest, abit more patience and I think we would have sold out the ground meaning it would have been over 10k fans to support rovers and more support to the team.

It's time like this when I wonder when are we going to learn, its also times like this when having JR there I'm sure he would have said not to do it

Haytershead

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on May 10, 2019, 05:47:59 am by Haytershead »
Didn't JR build the wall in the East stand in first place so we could take more money off Leeds fans (away team) on a regular basis? Wasn't concerned about giving the away advantage then was he.

800 extra fans won't impact a 180 minute 2 legged tie and if you think that then I despair

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on May 10, 2019, 06:10:22 am by Donnywolf »

Thanks

Chris

The Box office.

.... and see my Reply in this Thread #190 with Photo

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #263 on May 10, 2019, 06:15:31 am by johnny rovers »

Well there you are this answers the question. So Charlton will have over 4000 fans there and we will have 9500 at most.

Yes it's definitely money in the bank but we know how much noise that many fans can make in the away end.

For such an important game some clever tactics are needed and I think that this is where our club comes up short and shows its nievity at times.

We need every bit of advantage we can get. Look at Sunderland who have only given Portsmouth 2000.thats less than for a league game.

Even if we didn't sell out, so what... Its our ground and up to us to manage the support behined the team.

To be honest, abit more patience and I think we would have sold out the ground meaning it would have been over 10k fans to support rovers and more support to the team.

It's time like this when I wonder when are we going to learn, its also times like this when having JR there I'm sure he would have said not to do it

It's out of the club's hands. The EFL state we have to charge normal admission prices, give them a break

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #264 on May 10, 2019, 07:44:08 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Makes a change for someone to shoot the club down and ask questions later? Not!

Read the EFL play off rules then think again!

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on May 10, 2019, 08:03:34 am by godlike1 »

It's out of the club's hands. The EFL state we have to charge normal admission prices, give them a break

Eh where have I mentioned prices?

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #266 on May 10, 2019, 08:06:10 am by godlike1 »
Didn't JR build the wall in the East stand in first place so we could take more money off Leeds fans (away team) on a regular basis? Wasn't concerned about giving the away advantage then was he.

800 extra fans won't impact a 180 minute 2 legged tie and if you think that then I despair

I have no idea if Jr did or didn't. I'm just saying that sometimes being a little more savvy wouldn't go amiss

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #267 on May 10, 2019, 08:10:29 am by godlike1 »
Makes a change for someone to shoot the club down and ask questions later? Not!

Read the EFL play off rules then think again!

I can honestly not be bothered to read the pile of tripe the clueless ideots at the efl spout (I have no respect for them as a governing body you may have guessed)

Does it genuinely say we have to give up   over a 1/4 not far off 1/3 of our stadium to away fans in the playoffs? I think someone needs to have a word with Sunderland then.....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #268 on May 10, 2019, 08:11:53 am by IDM »
We have over 1900 tickets left online just now, plus the 800 odd from the spare blocks I’m the west stand..

If we have a complete sell out and fans are locked out and can’t get tickets then maybe we shouldn’t give Charlton the extras, but if we don’t do that, what’s the problem.??

We were outnumbered by 100% in both big finals but still won the games..

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #269 on May 10, 2019, 08:50:40 am by anton123 »
Noise from the crowd is good no matter what song they sing it will get are players up for it more as we are at home so more people in the ground the better donny or charlton fans it all equates to a better atmosphere

TinyPortal © 2005-2012