Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:24:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I bet he doesn't 😂😂😂  (Read 4331 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: I bet he doesn't 😂😂😂
« Reply #1 on May 06, 2019, 04:14:40 pm by Campsall rover »
What a total pillock. Always new he was, that interview confirms it.
Well we will see which club is most successful over the next few years won’t we.
I know who my money is on.  :)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 06, 2019, 04:17:08 pm by Nudga »
This future fixture is going to be very tasty indeed.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 06, 2019, 04:17:56 pm by mushRTID »
“I’d wish you luck but I wouldn’t mean it”

Bitter, unprofessional and completely up his own arse.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 06, 2019, 04:21:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I want to know how he manages to be up his own arse and talk out of it at the same time! :lol:

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 06, 2019, 04:21:46 pm by mjg »
Sour grapes , what a big baby 🤣

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 06, 2019, 04:23:59 pm by Darren »
A very bitter, sad man. He talks like he doesn't care about us and in the privacy of his darkened bedroom softly weeps, and then rocks himself to a very troubled sleep. Bless.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: I bet he doesn't
« Reply #7 on May 06, 2019, 04:31:22 pm by Campsall rover »
What goes round comes round. I am a big believer in that.
Treat people the way you expect to be treated yourself.
It works.

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 06, 2019, 04:32:53 pm by Darren »
I really hope that his words come back to haunt him..

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 06, 2019, 04:39:45 pm by essexrover »
"my last big gift....".  Hinting he might sell up if Posh don't advance next season  ???

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 06, 2019, 04:45:13 pm by PDX_Rover »
Alan Swann - a joke of a “journalist” - again omits the fact that the Peterborough player was off the pitch getting treatment and the referee indicated that play continue. The w**ker.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 06, 2019, 04:48:29 pm by Prez »
Alan Swann is a complete deluded idiot.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 06, 2019, 05:39:17 pm by RedJ »
A very bitter, sad man. He talks like he doesn't care about us and in the privacy of his darkened bedroom softly weeps, and then rocks himself to a very troubled sleep. Bless.

Lying there in his Darren Ferguson pyjamas of course.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 06, 2019, 05:48:21 pm by selby »
We don't want to get involved, if we meet next season and they have the same attitude we start 1 goal up.
   Don't get involved and let them fester, their mind will not be on football silly pillocks,advantage US.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 06, 2019, 05:57:46 pm by RoversAlias »
Try telling McAnthony that.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:17:59 pm by RoversAlias »

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 06, 2019, 06:54:23 pm by adamtherover »
Alan Swann - a joke of a “journalist” - again omits the fact that the Peterborough player was off the pitch getting treatment and the referee indicated that play continue. The w**ker.

Do you know know anything about Alan Swann or his journalistic abilities that justifies you calling him a w****r? Regardless of what he writes/says, personal abuse crosses the line and there isn't any need for it.
the stuff he has been spouting tho, tbf,  if he said it in the pub, his mates would tell him to stop talking like a w**ker!! 

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 06, 2019, 07:31:12 pm by NewDonny »
The man is yesterdays news, fish and chip paper now!

That whole club is rotten from the top down, its the two recent Canadian investors I feel sorry for, they have no idea idea what they have gotten themselves into, although maybe they are getting an idea after their chairmans lies and obscene and disgraceful posts over the weekend. The club, its Chairman and its fans are welcome to each other......................horrible, horrible club and management!

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 06, 2019, 07:32:57 pm by NewDonny »

Do you know know anything about Alan Swann or his journalistic abilities that justifies you calling him a w****r? Regardless of what he writes/says, personal abuse crosses the line and there isn't any need for it.
Maybe he doesn't but I do and PDX Rover is absolutely spot on!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 06, 2019, 08:20:22 pm by dickos1 »
Wasnt just his opinion though, it was biased journalism of the highest order.
And it look like he’s carrying it on.

Their owner is a proper clown,

Also McCann has proven this year he got more out of the players than Ferguson could.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:34:11 pm by dickos1 »

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 06, 2019, 08:27:57 pm by NewDonny »

Why? Because he's dared to have an opinion that doesn't fit with the consensus of yours?

Calling a guy a w****r on here is absolutely no better than some of MacAnthony's comments on his social media platforms. No need for it and it adds nothing to any debate whatsoever.

Sorry, I think you have got that the wrong way round havn't you, I am agreeing here with PDX Rover.

Get off your soap box lol! You are getting into something here you know nothing about, whereas I do. Do you know the relationship between Alan Swann and Peterborough United or its Chairman, they are very tight, close mates in fact and Swann is a devout Posh fan using his newspaper to do McAnthonys begging.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:30:23 pm by NewDonny »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 06, 2019, 09:43:19 pm by graingrover »
At a time when the game desperately needs to recover it’s sporting values the kind of rhetoric from this club Chairman just further tarnishes the image.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 06, 2019, 09:57:24 pm by silent majority »

Why? Because he's dared to have an opinion that doesn't fit with the consensus of yours?

Calling a guy a w****r on here is absolutely no better than some of MacAnthony's comments on his social media platforms. No need for it and it adds nothing to any debate whatsoever.

Sorry, I think you have got that the wrong way round havn't you, I am agreeing here with PDX Rover.

Get off your soap box lol! You are getting into something here you know nothing about, whereas I do. Do you know the relationship between Alan Swann and Peterborough United or its Chairman, they are very tight, close mates in fact and Swann is a devout Posh fan using his newspaper to do McAnthonys begging.

I'd suggest pretty much every local newspaper wants a good relationship with its local football club. It's beneficial for both parties in numerous ways.

Does it though? I'm sure they would express their opinion as being supporters of the local football club, owners , managers etc.

But even our local press has, on more than one occasion, expressed opinions that have gone against the grain at our club. Some of their comments, around and about John Ryan during the Sequential takeover were strange to say the least. The comments the DFP made about the recent allocation of tickets to a Muslim women's support group were a disgrace. The poll the DFP ran at the end of the season a couple of years back was heavily biased against the existing management of the club.

Wanting a good relationship and behaving as a responsible and independent source of news doesn't apply to all, and certainly not in the case of the Peterborough press.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 06, 2019, 10:52:12 pm by PDX_Rover »

I'd suggest pretty much every local newspaper wants a good relationship with its local football club. It's beneficial for both parties in numerous ways.

Does it though? I'm sure they would express their opinion as being supporters of the local football club, owners , managers etc.

But even our local press has, on more than one occasion, expressed opinions that have gone against the grain at our club. Some of their comments, around and about John Ryan during the Sequential takeover were strange to say the least. The comments the DFP made about the recent allocation of tickets to a Muslim women's support group were a disgrace. The poll the DFP ran at the end of the season a couple of years back was heavily biased against the existing management of the club.

Wanting a good relationship and behaving as a responsible and independent source of news doesn't apply to all, and certainly not in the case of the Peterborough press.

Rigo, don't be so sanctimonious.

After the home game versus Peterborough, he went on a rant over several days about how Rovers were signaling the demise of sportsmanship and it was basically the end of the world. I challenged him with facts, i.e. that the Peterborough player was off the field injured and getting treatment, that the referee had signaled play to continue, and that the referee is in fact in charge of the game, not their numbskull goalkeeper. And he blocked me on Twitter because he doesn't seem to like facts.

He's a complete w**ker. And I would tell him that to his face.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 06, 2019, 10:52:59 pm by PDX_Rover »

Also, do you REALLLLY think Mr Swann reads this forum?

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 06, 2019, 11:47:50 pm by Herman Hessian »
He's a complete w**ker. And I would tell him that to his face.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 07, 2019, 08:15:08 am by selby »
  I am quite proud, and find it humbling that another smaller club are so focused on reaching the heights we have in the league and cup, and want to achieve what we as a club have done.
  It shows ambition on their side, although they have a very long journey to achieve their goal, both on and off the field of play.
 Off the field of play especially.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 07, 2019, 08:21:06 am by NickDRFC »
Rigo, 2 points from me.

Firstly, you criticise PDX for trolling and then say the best response would have been “three points, sixth place, enjoy your summer” - how is that not also trolling?

Secondly, if someone consistently behaves like a w**ker, they’re probably a w**ker. And even if they’re not, they can hardly be surprised if they’re called a w**ker after behaving like that. If the “journalist” (I use that term very loosely) or you are upset by the use of that after coming out with some of the guff he has spewed, then you both need to be a little less sensitive.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 07, 2019, 08:42:07 am by RoversAlias »
There has to be an integrity to journalistic work, this Peterborough paper bloke has clearly disregarded that integrity on multiple occasions as evidenced by his depiction of events in our win over Peterborough and some of this stuff in the past week. Professional journalists are there to be scrutinised and rightly so, people put a lot of stock in what is written in a newspaper and many take the things in it as read, because they always have. So unbiased, fair reporting needs to be at the core of all publications like this and clearly Mr. Swann isn't adhering to that.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 07, 2019, 11:52:44 am by NickDRFC »
I wouldn’t expect him to be impartial given he writes for a local paper but there’s not even the slightest hint of balance. Having read several of his articles I feel I can offer an opinion his abilities - most people can judge what’s a decent article from reading it.

Saying you can’t have any idea of his true journalistic abilities given I don’t know him is like saying I can’t have any idea of Darren Esdaille’s true footballing abilities given I don’t know him.

(Both are severely lacking)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 07, 2019, 12:19:55 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Could be interesting when we play them next season

TinyPortal © 2005-2012