Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:35:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mason  (Read 4649 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Mason
« on May 07, 2019, 08:42:04 am by Padge_DRFC »
Signed for Peterborough

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re: Mason
« Reply #1 on May 07, 2019, 08:44:27 am by Boomstick »
Good luck to him.
Should have kept him

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 07, 2019, 08:46:57 am by Donnywolf »
Not a surprise - has been almost predicted daily on here

I said I would abide by what the Club decided as they seemed to have a colossal decision and having terminated his Contract I am still of that opinion

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 07, 2019, 08:48:15 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well Peterbrough do need a left back  ;)

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 07, 2019, 09:01:40 am by nortikorner »
sums up the management at peterbrough

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 07, 2019, 09:03:25 am by jackthelad »
Not actually confirmed but strongly rumoured. It doesn’t surprise me at all to be honest.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 07, 2019, 09:05:07 am by Boomstick »
What? Signing an excellent player?

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 07, 2019, 09:10:40 am by jackthelad »

Not this again... we’ve had about 4000 posts dedicated to Mason and whether he should or should not play football again.

He’s a young lad at the end of the day, he’s definitely been taught a harsh lesson which will have proven to be quite a expensive one too.
Plus it’s one that he will have to deal with on his record for the rest of his career.  That’s my view.

I’m sure we all have different opinions on the matter but I see no reason he cannot continue to play football again, yes he lost his job with ourselves for bringing the club into the spotlight for negative reasons but he will learn from that. (Hopefully)

I wish him all the best.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 07, 2019, 09:16:23 am by Boomstick »

Not this again... we’ve had about 4000 posts dedicated to Mason and whether he should or should not play football again.

He’s a young lad at the end of the day, he’s definitely been taught a harsh lesson which will have proven to be quite a expensive one too.
Plus it’s one that he will have to deal with on his record for the rest of his career.  That’s my view.

I’m sure we all have different opinions on the matter but I see no reason he cannot continue to play football again, yes he lost his job with ourselves for bringing the club into the spotlight for negative reasons but he will learn from that. (Hopefully)

I wish him all the best.
Pretty much agree, although I think it was very harsh the club sacking him, its the courts job to issue punishments.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 07, 2019, 09:32:34 am by Donnywolf »
From reply #3 above

I said I would abide by what the Club decided as they seemed to have a colossal decision and having terminated his Contract I am still of that opinion

I dont think we should go over this again as as pointed out by jackthelad most people probably have different views on the subject and we have done it to death already and we can all pop back to the original Thread and see those views again if minded to do so (which I am not)
https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=268861.msg835542#msg835542
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:35:20 am by Donnywolf »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 07, 2019, 12:37:48 pm by steve@dcfd »
Niall was a good player and we have missed him at Right back, although Matty Blair has done his best to fill in. But Matty would have been better playing further forward and we’ve missed that.

Now we need better than Niall next season for me the No1 priority signing, we don’t have that player at the club.

Also another right back has cover, we don’t have that person at the club unless Grant sees Matty doing dual roles again, but that will depend what league we are in
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 12:44:47 pm by steve@dcfd »

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 07, 2019, 12:57:41 pm by Danmckay456 »
We paid a decent fee for him , brought him on as a player and left under a cloud , no player is bigger than drfc unless your copps 😜

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 07, 2019, 01:02:51 pm by Campsall rover »
Well Peterbrough do need a left back  ;)
Do you think DF will play him at left back as my money is striker next season as he hasn’t tried him there yet.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 07, 2019, 01:05:09 pm by roversdude »
Is there any provision for suing under breach of contract as in the case of Adrian Mutu

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 07, 2019, 01:15:59 pm by nortikorner »

calling sadlier a W***k** then signing a sex offender

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 07, 2019, 01:31:01 pm by selby »
  Bit of a teachers pet while Fergie was here, played well this season and was much improved, but far from being a star, the first two seasons he was distinctly average to poor, although not always played in his best position.
  Even this season, at Charlton especially in the league game he was taken to the cleaners, and also at Accrington, we can get better.
  It looks like he has found a club (will take anybody), manager( wife beater) and a chairman ( bitter and twisted) to suit his image and morals.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:35:58 pm by selby »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 07, 2019, 01:47:35 pm by IDM »
His conviction aside, Mason was developing into an excellent asset for us and was playing very well most of the time..

I said it in the other thread and will say it again here, the issue is being on the sec offenders register, not the why’s and wherefores etc..

Good luck to the lad, but I don’t think he was harshly dealt with by DRFC..

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 07, 2019, 01:58:15 pm by Prez »
Good luck to him.
Should have kept him

Boomstick you cannot have Rovers who pride themselves on a being a family/community club (and won awards) having a sex offender on the books. Was never going to happen.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 07, 2019, 02:01:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
Some harsh words Selby from a normally sensible poster. He’s gone like DF get over it, he was a good player where ever position he played. But let’s hope we can sign a star fullback whichever league we are in next season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 07, 2019, 02:30:06 pm by selby »
  Steve, what is harsh about stating facts, and as far as him going from us, people who know me will tell you I would have let him go at the end of last season if his contract had been up.
  Admitted he was playing better this season just before he was suspended, but he had had some poor games as well even this season especially in the two games mentioned.
  This season he was benefiting from better players in front of him in Kane and an improved Whiteman, plus the team was better set up, but opposing teams still targeted our right flank even early this season, the reason being for two seasons he had been seen as a weakness on both flanks.
  The other two gentlemen I mentioned, well if the cap fits wear it, and I think you could add being bullies as well in both cases.
   If the chairman of Peterborough wants to make disparaging statements public ally about our club and individuals in our club, so be it, but if your house is not clean expect the s**t to be thrown back.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 07, 2019, 04:24:54 pm by scawsby steve »
Brian, you've made some valid points there, but I agree with Steve that you've gone a bit OTT with it. They've said some pretty horrible things about us, but let's not lower ourselves by being as bad as them. Let's just do it to them where it really hurts, on the field; and we know we can.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 07, 2019, 05:23:03 pm by nortikorner »
selby
Well said

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 07, 2019, 06:01:20 pm by dickos1 »
He messed up,but now saying he’s not very good is just daft.
Lowered ourselves to the level of the Oldham fans that tried to tell us wellens was useless

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 07, 2019, 06:05:52 pm by NickDRFC »
Marquis has had poor games this season, Kane has had poor games this season, even our player of the year Ben Whiteman has. All footballers have bad games. Looking purely from a footballing perspective, Mason was a 22 year old right back of considerable ability and still the potential to get better, who had improved immeasurably over the last year or so, and had the ability to cover several other positions (remember him at centre back at Barnsley away?)
He’ll probably develop even further at Peterborough and end up having a reasonable career in the Championship.

Despite all that we made the right decision - his actions and subsequent conviction left the club with no choice.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 07, 2019, 06:12:55 pm by elmsallrover »
In my opinion he gave the ball away far to much and couldn't last the 90min I would have let him go in the summer as well there better out there

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 07, 2019, 06:41:11 pm by selby »
  He played very well at Barnsley, probably his best game ever for us, as a central defender.
  Earlier in the season he came on as a substitute against Newcastle u21's as a central defender in the chekatrade trophy and was run ragged.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 07, 2019, 06:48:24 pm by mushRTID »
Developing into a top player before all the issues.
I expect him to go on to have a steady championship career.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 07, 2019, 06:56:53 pm by drfchound »
Marquis has had poor games this season, Kane has had poor games this season, even our player of the year Ben Whiteman has. All footballers have bad games. Looking purely from a footballing perspective, Mason was a 22 year old right back of considerable ability and still the potential to get better, who had improved immeasurably over the last year or so, and had the ability to cover several other positions (remember him at centre back at Barnsley away?)
He’ll probably develop even further at Peterborough and end up having a reasonable career in the Championship.

Despite all that we made the right decision - his actions and subsequent conviction left the club with no choice.

Nick, I was scrolling down the thread and was mentally preparing what I wanted to write.
You have saved me the trouble.

Mason is a fine player and will go on to have a long career at a decent level.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 07, 2019, 07:06:43 pm by selby »
  Hound, he would not get in the Coventry side we played last weekend in either full /wing back position, or in the Accrington side.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 07, 2019, 07:08:46 pm by drfchound »
  Hound, he would not get in the Coventry side we played last weekend in either full /wing back position, or in the Accrington side.

In your opinion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012