Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:09:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Score prediction  (Read 2853 times)

Gelan Swift

• Forum Member
Score prediction
« on May 15, 2019, 12:46:58 pm by Gelan Swift »
Head says 4-1 to my lot as I think Vetokele will be on the bench.

Heart says nothing as that would just be wishful thinking, plus the heart is crap at maths.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Score prediction
« Reply #1 on May 15, 2019, 01:01:56 pm by hoolahoop »
Gelan, I admire your confidence however I want to let you down lightly here.

You won't be winning 4-1but I can see why you might think this way BUT you will be playing TLOD ( THE LIKES OF DONCASTER ) in a final game to reach a final ....WE DONT LOSE THESE GAMES .

The result as I see it will be 1-2 and a win on penalties for the Rovers.
Finally I'm sure you have a lovely stadium but our supporters will be booking their trains and saving money right now for a final we WILL  be in . I hope you get a decent seat in the pub to watch us

Gelan Swift

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 15, 2019, 01:20:49 pm by Gelan Swift »

You won't be winning 4-1but I can see why you might think this way BUT you will be playing TLOD ( THE LIKES OF DONCASTER ) in a final game to reach a final ....WE DONT LOSE THESE GAMES .

Finally I'm sure you have a lovely stadium but our supporters will be booking their trains and saving money right now for a final we WILL  be in . I hope you get a decent seat in the pub to watch us

An entertaining and exciting game is all that anyone needs...maybe we've forgotten it's entertainment. 

My prediction is absolutely based on maths...but agreed that chaos can always play it's hand.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 15, 2019, 01:27:41 pm by NickDRFC »
When you say your prediction is based on maths, what do you mean? Probability? Charlton have scored 4 goals against League One opposition just once all season so I’m not sure the odds would be in your favour for that prediction.

I think it will be tight, heart says 2-1 Rovers and a penalty shootout win, head says 1-1.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 15, 2019, 01:54:45 pm by hoolahoop »

An entertaining and exciting game is all that anyone needs...maybe we've forgotten it's entertainment. 

My prediction is absolutely based on maths...but agreed that chaos can always play it's hand.

Well at least you are a decent poster, my post was intended to seek out whether you were ok . What I do need to tell you , is that we usually play far better than that . We will find a way to get past that back 4.

Gelan Swift

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 15, 2019, 03:27:44 pm by Gelan Swift »
Hoola...I understand the seeking out, it's how we tread carefully so as not to be presumptuous.  I really do base my predictions on maths and stats...my record on Charlton this season on a purely W D L basis is 43 correct.  I've only got 3 wrong because of last minute injuries.

ps. I get paid to make predictions...not enough mind you.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 15, 2019, 04:07:42 pm by RoversAlias »
Being that this is Donny Rovers, I expect a nerve-shredding encounter, probably 1-0 Rovers or a tense 1-1. Not sure I can handle it going to penalties, but I'll of course take that at this stage!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 15, 2019, 04:11:31 pm by hoolahoop »

Well at least you are a decent poster, my post was intended to seek out whether you were ok . What I do need to tell you , is that we usually play far better than that . We will find a way to get past that back 4.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 15, 2019, 04:19:33 pm by Barmby Rover »
0-2 Rovers, the winning goal in extra time.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 15, 2019, 04:34:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
3-1 game call off at half time then Charlton lose when we win the replay 2-0.......

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 15, 2019, 05:22:44 pm by PDX_Rover »
I’ve got a plumbing team standing by ‘neath the valley to do the deed...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 15, 2019, 05:39:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is anything but predictable!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 15, 2019, 06:21:05 pm by since-1969 »
We are not able to play any differently than we have all season and this is our problem. We don’t have enough strength depth  to choose from and we’re often too lightweight  in the midfield . Our defence is still not functioning where corners are concerned and Marosi is contributing mistakes leading to opportunities to score  or worse goals .  Though I know we can out play many teams in L1 we have failed to land many blows on the top four all season . So I can’t see Friday being much different as basically we haven’t to type of player capable of getting the win .. we need to score first and quieten the crowd if we do this then anything could happen . 60 / 40 % against. 

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 15, 2019, 07:02:59 pm by sha66y »
An absolute mullering,

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 15, 2019, 07:14:46 pm by drfchound »
Hoola...I understand the seeking out, it's how we tread carefully so as not to be presumptuous.  I really do base my predictions on maths and stats...my record on Charlton this season on a purely W D L basis is 43 correct.  I've only got 3 wrong because of last minute injuries.

Gelan, all runs come to an end.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:23:45 pm by drfchound »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 15, 2019, 07:22:57 pm by Donnywolf »

Our defence is still not functioning where corners are concerned and Marosi is contributing mistakes leading to opportunities to score  or worse goals .   

Was really REALLY pleased to see Charlton waste time in the last few minutes by the Corner Flag rather than dropping the ball right in the danger area where it COULD have been more dangerous (to us)

Phew !

Gelan Swift

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 15, 2019, 07:42:33 pm by Gelan Swift »

Gelan, all runs come to an end.

I agree...Charlton will definitely stop winning after the final, but may start a new run next season.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 15, 2019, 07:44:24 pm by PDX_Rover »
1-3

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 15, 2019, 08:51:33 pm by essexrover »
You do realise that the last home game Charlton lost was against.........?
Yup, Rovers in the FA Cup. They did make quite a few changes that day to be fair & since then have been in much better form.
2-1 again  :(  though having said that I am the world's worst tipster, so a Rovers win it is  :)

Gelan Swift

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 15, 2019, 10:01:52 pm by Gelan Swift »
You do realise that the last home game Charlton lost was against.........?
Yup, Rovers in the FA Cup. They did make quite a few changes that day to be fair & since then have been in much better form.
2-1 again  :(  though having said that I am the world's worst tipster, so a Rovers win it is  :)

Does anyone on here know you have a Wet Spam season ticket?

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 16, 2019, 11:56:40 am by Avsuptem »
If there is any justice it will be 3 - 1 to DRFC. Pay back time for the game called off for a water logged pitch which ultimately cost us relegation at the end of the season. Unbeknown to most, Charlton ground staff had watered the pitch on the morning of the game but never admitted to it afterwards. Scoundrels !

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 16, 2019, 12:05:05 pm by Axholme Lion »
3-1 to the spotters.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 16, 2019, 12:19:58 pm by RobTheRover »
I was hopeful it would be a classic encounter, with Rovers having to press for an equaliser and Charlton looking to put the tie to bed.

Now I've noticed its Gavin Ward refereeing my prediction is it will be The Gavin Ward Show and we wont be talking about the actual football on Saturday morning.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 16, 2019, 12:53:36 pm by scawsby steve »
I want so desperately to be proved wrong here, even to the point of being ridiculed, but I just can't see beyond 0-3. My pessimism is based on the fact that although the play-offs are like cup ties, it's still the same group of players that have performed all season, and past form has to come into it.

If you look at our away form against the top 5 teams, it's abysmal. OK, we played reasonably well at Portsmouth, and very well at Oakwell, but we still failed to win either game; and the performances at Charlton, Luton, and Sunderland were just embarrassing.

I'd be the happiest man in the world to be made to look a tw*t tomorrow night.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 16, 2019, 01:31:27 pm by phil old leake »
I can see it going to penalties after a 1 nil win

Gelan Swift

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 16, 2019, 01:34:46 pm by Gelan Swift »
If there is any justice it will be 3 - 1 to DRFC. Pay back time for the game called off for a water logged pitch which ultimately cost us relegation at the end of the season. Unbeknown to most, Charlton ground staff had watered the pitch on the morning of the game but never admitted to it afterwards. Scoundrels !

History and maths = oil and water, yet many so called tv pundits are swayed by this "History" and "Justice" nonsense.  As I said earlier, only chaos can interfere with maths and the physical facts as we know them.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 16, 2019, 02:09:43 pm by drfchound »
I want so desperately to be proved wrong here, even to the point of being ridiculed, but I just can't see beyond 0-3. My pessimism is based on the fact that although the play-offs are like cup ties, it's still the same group of players that have performed all season, and past form has to come into it.

If you look at our away form against the top 5 teams, it's abysmal. OK, we played reasonably well at Portsmouth, and very well at Oakwell, but we still failed to win either game; and the performances at Charlton, Luton, and Sunderland were just embarrassing.

I'd be the happiest man in the world to be made to look a tw*t tomorrow night.

Steve, Derby had been beaten three times by the weeds and then that happened last night.
It is a one off match.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 16, 2019, 02:41:54 pm by PDX_Rover »
As Rob points above, having a shite ref from 25 miles away doesn’t auger well.

However, it’s football. We have nothing to lose and really, anything can happen.

I fancy us.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 16, 2019, 10:16:17 pm by bpoolrover »
3 0 charlton

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 16, 2019, 11:58:31 pm by Michael Shaw »
3-1 win to Charlton, and then they will lose to Sunderland in a tough final.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012