Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:17:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the return game in the playoffs at Charlton.  (Read 7541 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
I am 100pc behind us winning tonight...but we need to win away from home by one goal difference to force this to extra time. In 2019 we have only once (0-1 vs rock bottom Bradford City) won away from home in the league.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 03:10:19 pm by Chris Black come back »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
I am 100pc behind us winning tonight...but we need to win away from home by one dial difference to force this to extra time. In 2019 we have only once (0-1 vs rock bottom Bradford City) won away from home in the league.

You read the BBC too much. We were 1-0 down away against Walsall, then won 4-1. We're surely due a similar scenario tonight.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
I am sure we will be absolutely pulling out all the stops to do that again.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
I am 100pc behind us winning tonight...but we need to win away from home by one dial difference to force this to extra time. In 2019 we have only once (0-1 vs rock bottom Bradford City) won away from home in the league.

You read the BBC too much. We were 1-0 down away against Walsall, then won 4-1. We're surely due a similar scenario tonight.

That was last year though Bristol; Chris was talking about this year when our away form has been horrendous. Let me tell you were I am on this; I accept that anything can happen in football, and often does; we could get a real slice of good luck tonight, like a penalty, or a Charlton red card, or both. The thing is, we will need that slice of good luck, because if we're at our best, and they're at their best, Charlton will win, because quite simply they're a better team than us.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
Good luck to our boys this evening. Best wishes to all the fans who are behind the Donny lads at charlton👍🤞⚽️⚽️

DINGLE

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the return game in the playoffs at Charlton.
« Reply #65 on May 17, 2019, 05:28:10 pm by DINGLE »
You’ve got top weight on tonight, I think you’ll get absolutely battered, I’m fully expecting Charlton to be promoted to be honest, but I’ll wish you luck anyway I hope you win and go through.

Gelan Swift

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 17, 2019, 05:33:16 pm by Gelan Swift »
Every underdog has a "Punchers" chance, but you have to be able to take that chance.  Safe journey to those going.  Win or lose it will be an experience.

Whatever the result, I'll be staying with the forum and will take a keen interest in your progress next season.

Happy days.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Funny how people talk of underdog. It's as if we are a mouse taking on an elephant. Even the betting goes 2out of 4 chances for Charlton, 1/4 for the draw, 1/4 for us. Given that pens are a lottery, that's a 3 in 8 chance for us. I know who's sweating more in this game, the PRESSURE is on  :laugh:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 17, 2019, 07:10:50 pm by NickDRFC »
Funny how people talk of underdog. It's as if we are a mouse taking on an elephant. Even the betting goes 2out of 4 chances for Charlton, 1/4 for the draw, 1/4 for us. Given that pens are a lottery, that's a 3 in 8 chance for us. I know who's sweating more in this game, the PRESSURE is on  :laugh:

We have to win - if you say the probability of all 3 results are equal (which they’re not) then we only have a one in three chance of even getting to extra time. I don’t think anyone is saying it’s a David vs Goliath tie, but at the same time there’s no reason to ignore the reality of the size of the task ahead of us.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 18, 2019, 08:01:00 am by selby »
 Well, that is season over, and a great season we can all be proud of, but one we fought for, and I mean we the team and the supporters who were at the game last night to the last kick of the game.
 Everyone involved can feel proud of that last night, at 72 yrs old I have seen some great performances, but last night equalled Rushden and Diamonds, as a game when all our supporters at the game, and the players became one, that is how it felt, and do you know what was the best bit for me, when we had lost, the players were down, we were down, the Charlton fans were on the pitch in their thousands, and a few  not many I hasten to state got through the cordon and tried to goad both the players and our fans.
   They were completely blanked, took no notice of, didn't exist,while we the fans, and our players showed what respect we had for each other, a mutual respect that was there to see, you could almost touch it,every man jack had given their all, we had lost but there are ways to lose and this was the way,  still proud and knowing we had given everything, and now everyone had come together.
  People still talk of that game at Rushden, those who were there last night will do the same about this game, I am so proud of my club everone including you, last night is the way to behave, battle, support, and give every ounce to the cause, nothing can take what we did last night away from us, we didn't win a game, but we left that ground winners.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 18, 2019, 08:14:21 am by sha66y »
We did win the game.....we just lost the toss that’s all...beating Charlton in that manner, at their gaff in front of 25,000 expectant fans, and scoring thrice is a moment in itself to savour...

WE BEAT CHARLTON AT THEIR OWN GROUND IN FRONT OF THE SKY CAMERAS,!

there is no bitter after taste, just a consumptive appetite for what the new season will bring..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012