Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:51:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marosi  (Read 4926 times)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
Marosi
« on May 21, 2019, 04:26:24 pm by redarmy82 »
Saying his goodbyes on twitter

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Marosi
« Reply #1 on May 21, 2019, 04:32:35 pm by DonnyNoel »
Good luck to him, especially to have come from back up to regularly fight for the starting spot. Has made some amazing reflex saves over the last two seasons but my gut says Lawlor is the better all round keeper.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 21, 2019, 04:54:57 pm by glosterred »
The clear out has begun

COYR

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 21, 2019, 04:59:08 pm by PDX_Rover »
Good shot stopper. Not so great on crosses. But bided his time and did well for us, despite a few costly mistakes (not knocking him, we all mess up). Good luck to him and thanks for all he did between the sticks for us.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 21, 2019, 05:00:16 pm by Danmckay456 »
Wouldn’t surprise me if only Andrew signed a new contract

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 21, 2019, 05:05:30 pm by pib »
Good luck to him. Stuck around as second fiddle for a few years and then stepped up and did a decent job in the first team.

With Lawlor signing a new contract, it's understandable he's moving on as they will both want to be first choice I'd imagine.

Only thing that grates is - why are players announcing stuff on Twitter before there is any official word from the club? I remember it happening last season just after the last game against Wigan. Don't think players should be doing that personally.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 21, 2019, 05:09:51 pm by since-1969 »
Saying his goodbyes on twitter
Too many silly mistakes and fumbles at corners for my liking .

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 21, 2019, 05:15:06 pm by Dare to dream! »
Considering he was number two for two seasons and not get a look in, he has done exceptionally well to improve as he as and be in this position. Good luck in the future Marko.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 21, 2019, 05:18:25 pm by Dare to dream! »
Wouldn’t surprise me if only Andrew signed a new contract

I think Butler will as well. Not sure how the Rowe situation will pan out.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 21, 2019, 05:26:22 pm by roversdude »
Good luck Marko, totally understand both his and Grants outlook on this.
Hopefully Lawlor can kick on and prove his worth, definitely better and distributing the ball although both excellent shot stoppers

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 21, 2019, 05:41:12 pm by ChrisBx »
Seems a top guy and I hope he finds a good club where he can push on. Like the club, I would have opted for Lawlor plus a new GK.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 21, 2019, 05:55:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Good luck to him. Stuck around as second fiddle for a few years and then stepped up and did a decent job in the first team.

With Lawlor signing a new contract, it's understandable he's moving on as they will both want to be first choice I'd imagine.

Only thing that grates is - why are players announcing stuff on Twitter before there is any official word from the club? I remember it happening last season just after the last game against Wigan. Don't think players should be doing that personally.

They want to advertise themselves as available as quickly as possible. You can't blame them, they need to earn a wage somewhere.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 21, 2019, 05:55:44 pm by RoversAlias »
Sad to see him go personally, I rate him and I think he's done a really good job for us over the past few seasons. He's not a perfect player by any stretch but I think he's had some harsh criticism at times. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

I actually think Andrew might leave as well to be honest, and I was thinking the same of Butler and Rowe but I'm not so sure on those two now.

Big summer ahead in terms of personnel changes!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 21, 2019, 05:58:38 pm by MachoMadness »
Not too sorry to see him go. He's been a good understudy for many years and good luck to him but Lawlor is the far better keeper for me. He's not a Gary Woods level disaster by any stretch but we can and hopefully will find better.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 21, 2019, 06:00:51 pm by mjg »
Great news

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 21, 2019, 06:03:32 pm by Draytonian III »
I’ve always rated him, if DF had of played him instead of Remi Matthews I think we would have stopped up, but as we all know DF is always right

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 21, 2019, 06:35:16 pm by NickDRFC »

They want to advertise themselves as available as quickly as possible. You can't blame them, they need to earn a wage somewhere.

Probably a bit naive to think this is the first time that his availability has been advertised and his agent’s not been having discreet conversations with other clubs for the last few month.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 21, 2019, 06:57:21 pm by Rovers91 »
Not too disappointed a better keeper in the nets in the play offs and we would have been at Wembley. But good luck to him on his next move.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:02:00 pm by Rovers91 »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 21, 2019, 07:24:24 pm by RobTheRover »
Not too disappointed a better keeper in the nets in the play offs and we would have been at Wembley. But good luck to him on his next move.

That's harsh

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 21, 2019, 07:32:01 pm by IDM »

I disagree..

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 21, 2019, 07:35:15 pm by essexrover »
We have to remember he was still only 20 when he joined Rovers & has been a model professional over his 5 years with the club (which makes him 2nd longest serving player), biding his time & a valuable squad member even when not getting 1st team games. A lot of other players could learn from his attitude.
Good luck for the future Marko.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 21, 2019, 07:53:00 pm by jackthelad »
Good luck to him, a really good servant to the club and waited patiently for his opportunity. I actually felt he looked decent up until this second half of the season where my opinion completely changed on him, he made some absolute howlers and he’s nowhere near commanding enough when the ball is in his area from set pieces.  Decent shot stopper mind.

I’m glad he’s leaving and I would’ve been disappointed to see him get a new contract purely because I don’t think he’s good enough overall.

I fully expect Lawlor will be number one next season. However it will be interesting to see who we sign as a second keeper, unless McCann fancies Jones as a adequate second choice.

Thanks Marko and good luck.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 21, 2019, 08:09:32 pm by Jonathan »
He’s had a good career here and seems a good lad. I wish him nothing but the best in the future. But, without wanting to sound overly harsh, I don’t see his departure as affecting us much. We need better to progress.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:35:56 pm by Jonathan »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 21, 2019, 08:17:16 pm by mushRTID »
Never really rated him to be honest. A lot of the saves people raved about were pretty standard stuff.

However, seems a great lad. For so long didn’t get a look in, bided his time and eventually got some good first team action so fair play to him for that and I wish him all the best.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 21, 2019, 08:21:46 pm by drfchound »

By the same token, if Marquis and Rowe had put their penalties away we would have been at Wembley seeing as Marko saved one of their pens.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:35:07 pm by drfchound »

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 21, 2019, 08:33:31 pm by Upton Rover »
Good luck but we'll below the standard that we need. L2 at best

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 21, 2019, 08:39:54 pm by Drover »

Probably a bit naive to think this is the first time that his availability has been advertised and his agent’s not been having discreet conversations with other clubs for the last few month.

Even Naiver to assume any discreet conversations with other clubs over the last few months has produced any offer of a contract equal or better than what Rovers offered him.The more publicity,and wider the word of his availability the higher the chance of getting a better deal.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 21, 2019, 08:45:01 pm by BigH »

That's harsh
But true

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 21, 2019, 08:52:10 pm by selby »
  He is a good young goalkeeper, who we offered another contract to that he didn't accept for one reason or another,and is off to play elsewhere, as is his right to do so.
   As he gets older and more experience I have no doubt he will do well, but we also have two other good young keepers, and three into one does not go.
   Of the three I  think Jones will turn out to be the best of the lot given time.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 21, 2019, 10:21:29 pm by Draytonian III »
I agree Selby, Jones will end up being the better keeper that’s why I don’t think GM will be in the market for another one in the close season

TinyPortal © 2005-2012