Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:18:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marosi  (Read 4960 times)

jackthelad

• Forum Member
Re: Marosi
« Reply #30 on May 21, 2019, 11:16:11 pm by jackthelad »
I think we will go next season with Lawlor as number one and Jones as number two. If Lawlor gets injured we will fetch somebody in on loan.

I never really see the point in paying two goalkeepers decent money as most teams tend to stick with one goalie throughout the season and injuries to goalkeepers are usually few and far between.

Just out of interest, everybody seems to speak very highly of Jones, is there a reason behind this?
I’ve seen nothing/heard nothing that suggests he will be any better or worse than Lawlor or Marosi?  It’s not a criticism just a question really.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 21, 2019, 11:30:36 pm by Barmby Rover »
Marosi never knew how to cope with crosses, and made too many errors at key times in key games. If he had been fit he would have been relegated to the bench by Lawlor quite a while before the end of the season. I think if it had not been for financial reasons (or rules about loanees) we would have got another, better keeper in for the run in. Not a massive loss at all for Rovers, but good luck to the lad, I hope he finds another contact, but I suspect it will be at a lower level than Lg.1.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 22, 2019, 09:02:25 am by wing commander »
  People have short memory's and talk as if Lawlor is some kind of Buffon.He's not he made as many mistakes as Marco did and nobody is going to convince me that Marosi wasn't a better shotstopper than Lawlor..

That said I agree that both are good enough for this level and I don't see the logic of carrying two and Jones when we are going to have to recruit hard in other areas..

The problem we've got as a team is that without Wilks and Kane we are pretty much a average league 1 team.The loan system served us well last year as GM recruited well.However I would like to see us take more of Barnsleys approach.They didn't rely on loan players, so go into the Championship with a very similar young team with no doubt a few additions without the major surgery we are facing..

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 22, 2019, 10:35:39 am by Dare to dream! »
Signed for Coventry. Risky move for Marko considering their off the field problems.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 22, 2019, 11:41:12 am by the vicar »
Could be on a lot better money there

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 22, 2019, 01:39:47 pm by selby »
  Dave, you don't know that, they are still arguing about the cost of the ground they play in, and have had a good few poor seasons apart from promotion last season, so can't be that minted.
   If they lose their manager he will take some replacing, he has worked wonders with not a lot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012