Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:47:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Charlton Sunderland - Karma?  (Read 5406 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Charlton Sunderland - Karma?
« Reply #30 on May 26, 2019, 05:05:11 pm by bobjimwilly »
I prefer away days in Sunderland anyway :-)

Don’t have to worry to much about it raining when you go to Sunderland

COYR
Playing them in January probably and it will be -3 though. Wind chill and -8  :facepalm:

Or it might be in spring again and we can have fish n chips by the sea :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 26, 2019, 05:06:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I prefer away days in Sunderland anyway :-)

Don’t have to worry to much about it raining when you go to Sunderland

COYR
Playing them in January probably and it will be -3 though. Wind chill and -8  :facepalm:

Forget the coaches, we should hire a fleet of longships for that visit.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 26, 2019, 05:07:08 pm by PDX_Rover »
Charlton miles ahead of Sunderland today. Thoroughly deserved the win. And I don’t begrudge them that at all.

Sunderland were awful. Created very little. Yes, they have a lot of support and a massive ground but that guarantees you bugger all. Otzturk was up to his usual antics I noticed... Turkish wrestling.

I bet Sunderland are back in for Marquis...

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 26, 2019, 05:08:21 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Quite possibly out of their price range.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 26, 2019, 05:09:52 pm by Dare to dream! »
Well done to Charlton, I’m glad they won as I don’t think Sunderland deserved it at all.

Have a feeling Sunderland will become familiar with league one over the next couple of years

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 26, 2019, 05:10:08 pm by PDX_Rover »

Not so sure. They spunked 4m on Grigg...

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 26, 2019, 05:11:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
Very average season from Sunderland. If Grant overachieved and played good football doing so, Ross underachieved and played bad football. Cannot see Ross being especially secure in his job.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 26, 2019, 05:12:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Charlton miles ahead of Sunderland today. Thoroughly deserved the win. And I don’t begrudge them that at all.

Sunderland were awful. Created very little. Yes, they have a lot of support and a massive ground but that guarantees you bugger all. Otzturk was up to his usual antics I noticed... Turkish wrestling.

Well they are not having him. Think they will have to tighten purse strings to be honest.
Those parachute payments will have run out now.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 26, 2019, 05:12:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

£15 million less of parchute payments for next season - they still get around £15m though. Chances of them getting another investor after today are knocked right back.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 26, 2019, 05:20:20 pm by drfchound »
I prefer away days in Sunderland anyway  :)

It was very hard to get any atmosphere going at Sunderland and I thought we were too far from the pitch.
Much better at Charlton for away fans.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 26, 2019, 05:22:03 pm by glosterred »

Money well spent...... not

COYR

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 26, 2019, 08:00:22 pm by ZiggerZagger »
Just going to sit back and watch this Sunderland team get dismantled. After chatting to good old Charlie boy in the fan park, let's see if they do have to sell to balance the books. Sunderland fans are in for another shock when certain players will be in championship next season but the massive club will still be playing little old tin pot Donny. As the song goes,  27,000 empty seats

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 26, 2019, 08:28:15 pm by PDX_Rover »

On the flip side, it was said on the commentary today the lad they sold to Bordeaux was on less than 1k p/w.

Have to see how it goes, but on an exceptionally shite weekend for them, they might muster up a crowd of 18k next season. For pretty much every other team in the division, that’d be the biggest crowd of the season.

If they can keep that squad together and not get bogged down by off-field crap, they’ll 100-points the division next season!

A bold statement. Can’t see it myself.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 26, 2019, 08:32:45 pm by Dare to dream! »
Just going to sit back and watch this Sunderland team get dismantled. After chatting to good old Charlie boy in the fan park, let's see if they do have to sell to balance the books. Sunderland fans are in for another shock when certain players will be in championship next season but the massive club will still be playing little old tin pot Donny. As the song goes,  27,000 empty seats

They're in a massive pickle. You say they will have to sell players but who is going to take them? Looking at their starting line up today i don't think i would take one of them.

Their players are paid too much money for league one clubs to buy and not good enough that Championship clubs to take a punt on.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 26, 2019, 08:36:43 pm by Campsall rover »

On the flip side, it was said on the commentary today the lad they sold to Bordeaux was on less than 1k p/w.

Have to see how it goes, but on an exceptionally shite weekend for them, they might muster up a crowd of 18k next season. For pretty much every other team in the division, that’d be the biggest crowd of the season.

If they can keep that squad together and not get bogged down by off-field crap, they’ll 100-points the division next season!

Rigo what have you seen to say they could get 100 + points next season?

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 26, 2019, 08:49:06 pm by drfc1951 »

A Sunderland fan said that on their forum.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 26, 2019, 10:27:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sunderland we're hit badly by losing Maja.

Until they lost him, they were average a whisker under 2 points per game. After they lost him, they averaged 1.68 points per game. That's what cost them automatic promotion.

I was thoroughly underwhelmed by them at their place. They were organised and disciplined and hard working, but they didn't look to have much defence opening ability. We were awful, with a bad team selection and a couple of bad defensive mistakes, but could easily have taken something all the same.

If they don't replace Maja with a good quality forward, I wouldn't expect them to dominate the division next year.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 26, 2019, 11:03:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
Modest discount really but I guess you could make a case that fine margins matter.

Before he left they averaged 1.77 goals in League One games. After he left they averaged 1.54 goals.

I suspect bigger factors were the pressure they put themselves under and also their rather surprisingly average manager.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 26, 2019, 11:15:14 pm by tyke1962 »
Not the first big club who have dropped down to this level that haven't gone back up at the first time of asking .

Forest had several seasons in league one , Leeds had three and the Blades six .

The reality is they crashed out of the championship spectacularly and believe me they were by far the worst team up there and full of players who didn't care a jot .

I think they are in a better position than they were 12 months ago and at least have a squad of players who are committed to the club .

Yes they are a limited side and for sure they've made mistakes this season , £4m for Will Grigg !!! , they really did have their pants pulled down there and the million pound man from Bradford Wyke is a complete carthorse .

For all that it's hard to see them not contending next season , they'll have learned much about the realities of this league and the requirements needed to get out .

It's also hard to see any club having a better budget than the Mackems next season in league one .

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:21:01 pm by tyke1962 »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 26, 2019, 11:19:41 pm by tyke1962 »
Sunderland we're hit badly by losing Maja.

Until they lost him, they were average a whisker under 2 points per game. After they lost him, they averaged 1.68 points per game. That's what cost them automatic promotion.

I was thoroughly underwhelmed by them at their place. They were organised and disciplined and hard working, but they didn't look to have much defence opening ability. We were awful, with a bad team selection and a couple of bad defensive mistakes, but could easily have taken something all the same.

If they don't replace Maja with a good quality forward, I wouldn't expect them to dominate the division next year.

To be fair we all lost players in January , we lost Bradd Potts to Preston , Charlton lost their top scorer to Huddersfield and Luton lost their manager to Stoke , none of us had £4m to replace them with like Sunderland had when they replaced Maja with Grigg .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 27, 2019, 06:41:29 am by Donnywolf »
Turned on with a few minutes left. I had tipped CAFC to win and wanted them to win because SAFC were so cynical over 2 games v us

Was pleased to see Ozturk give away the foul that led to the winning goal and that DID make me smile. He is allowed to be an all in wrestler every time I have watched SAFC this Season

Boxing Day away ? Or are we due a Home game this time round. Whenever we go it will be the Avenue (Pub) again for me. May not be as crowded if they have to "off" a lot of their players and do a Leeds for a few Seasons in Tier 3

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 27, 2019, 09:11:43 am by andysly »
‘Crafty’ are Charlton. Pushing for game to end early after a bit of rain. Ensuring penalties taken at their end of ground. Not likeable really and we have been done over twice now by their tactics.

Don't forget the last minute disallowed goal at home in league, and hitting post at end of play off game.
Charlton have certainly enjoyed the rub of the green against us over the past few years.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 27, 2019, 09:53:30 am by RobTheRover »
On Friday I had a cheeky fiver on....

Tranmere to be promoted
Charlton to be promoted
Villa to win in 90 mins.

Two down, one to go.

Yes, I know I've just given it the kiss of death.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 27, 2019, 09:56:32 am by Dare to dream! »

Tranmere to be promoted
Charlton to be promoted
Villa to win in 90 mins.

Two down, one to go.

Bloody hell, you’ve ruined it for the rest of us now!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 27, 2019, 09:59:07 am by RobTheRover »
Sorry mate.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 27, 2019, 10:11:55 am by Chris Black come back »
‘Crafty’ are Charlton. Pushing for game to end early after a bit of rain. Ensuring penalties taken at their end of ground. Not likeable really and we have been done over twice now by their tactics.

Don't forget the last minute disallowed goal at home in league, and hitting post at end of play off game.
Charlton have certainly enjoyed the rub of the green against us over the past few years.

Very good point indeed. Hard to believe the officials made all these decisions absent of any pressure from Charlton. Am afraid they are now on the list of clubs I am happy to see fail.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 27, 2019, 12:25:22 pm by RoversAlias »
Charlton deserve, it on the day and, ultimately, over the three Play Off games more than us, Sunderland or Portsmouth.

Sunderland will be in the top 6 again next season at least, I'm sure. But their prospects of storming the league don't look too good to me. It will be a competitive, tough season again and with Ipswich, Pompey, ourselves, Rotherham, Peterborough, Coventry, MK Dons and a few others capable of doing well I think they might be in for another tough go of it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 27, 2019, 02:58:39 pm by Donnywolf »
Turned on with a few minutes left. I had tipped CAFC to win and wanted them to win because SAFC were so cynical over 2 games v us

Was pleased to see Ozturk give away the foul that led to the winning goal and that DID make me smile. He is allowed to be an all in wrestler every time I have watched SAFC this Season

Boxing Day away ? Or are we due a Home game this time round. Whenever we go it will be the Avenue (Pub) again for me. May not be as crowded if they have to "off" a lot of their players and do a Leeds for a few Seasons in Tier 3

Glad you noticed that - you’ll have no doubt noticed it was getting to the stage where the referee was dishing out yellows (rightly so, really). It seemed Sunderland were starting to give away a lot of free-kicks - including one about 30 seconds before Ozturk’s foul on the opposite flank, but the delivery was shite.

If it had gone to e/t, my guess is someone would have been red carded.

I laughed simply because it was Ozturk. He will have saved them many Points with hs "style" of play so great to see them hoisted by his own petard !

.... but to answer your post I only turned on with abour 3 minutes of nt to go so I think I only saw one yellow I think

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 27, 2019, 04:31:09 pm by scawsby steve »

Tranmere to be promoted
Charlton to be promoted
Villa to win in 90 mins.

Two down, one to go.

Looks like you've cracked it Rob.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 27, 2019, 05:14:44 pm by RedJ »
You don't happen to do the lottery do you Rob?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012