Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:46:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis valuation?  (Read 11969 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Marquis valuation?
« Reply #60 on May 31, 2019, 02:30:30 pm by IDM »
And we could be the vultures when it comes to any replacements - that’s how things have to be in the window..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 31, 2019, 02:34:57 pm by keith79 »
12 months left on his contract. 1.75m
24months left 2.5m
36h months 3+million
All the above with a 15% sell on fee

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 31, 2019, 02:48:56 pm by jackthelad »
This is the problem with the transfer window. Much manoeuvring, speculation, clubs trying their luck with a player who's prepared to leave and play at a higher level, not quite meeting the valuation. It's conceivable he could start pre-season with us then at the last moment a club meets the valuation leaving precious little time for McCann and the club to react. Like many clubs, we are vulnerable to the vultures. Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

This is a good point,if he is going to go it would be better done early rather than late.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 31, 2019, 04:49:30 pm by graingrover »
We could safely buy a 1 million striker now in anticipation .

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on May 31, 2019, 06:23:48 pm by PDX_Rover »
24months left 2.5m
36h months 3+million

Are these just made up?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 31, 2019, 06:24:36 pm by Jonathan »
We could safely buy a 1 million striker now in anticipation .

Could we pay the wages of a £1 million striker? Or are we better served bringing in players at an earlier stage of their development that we can work with? That’s what we did with Marquis really.

Some people will view that as unambitious, but some are always going to say that whatever we do. I think we have to be realistic.

I don’t know how much McCann paid to sign Jack Marriott from Luton when he was at Peterborough, but I don’t think it was a massive fee. There are players out there that can be developed.   

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 31, 2019, 06:34:04 pm by keith79 »
24months left 2.5m
36h months 3+million

Are these just made up?
yep 😁

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 31, 2019, 07:27:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Use the money to buy Wilks?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 31, 2019, 08:24:19 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Could see that happening would be a good move imo. Also think Conor Washington whose out of contract would score lots and be realistic if we've a bit of cash from a deal. Tyler Walker from Forest would be another good replacement if we can get him, great age good pace and strength. There's options out there if he does leave

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 31, 2019, 08:45:26 pm by Retdon1 »

Could see that happening would be a good move imo. Also think Conor Washington whose out of contract would score lots and be realistic if we've a bit of cash from a deal. Tyler Walker from Forest would be another good replacement if we can get him, great age good pace and strength. There's options out there if he does leave

Would definitely be trying to buy Wilkes if it was possible.. Cristian Doidge from forest green could be an option. Scored a bag full for them and his £1 million pound move to Bolton got cancelled last jan when their money problems started. Tyler Walker on loan would be a great signing too

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 01, 2019, 08:40:57 am by mrfrostsdad »
The thing is: how do we 'value' a player?

For example: Middlesborough paid roundabout £15m for Britt Asombalonga and in my humble opinion he's not very good.
Sheffield United paid £600k for Billy Sharp, who I think - once agin in my humble opinion - is and has been far and away the best striker outside of the Premier League for years. His goals have got Sheff United into the top flight.

Marquis is a difficult one. He only has a year left on his contract and quite conceivably we could get nothing for him next June. Anything over £1m and I'd let him go, but I'd really want that money to be invested in new players. Of course, if Marquis banged in a transfer request we wouldn't have a choice. If we said no he could sit on the bench all next season and leave next summer for nowt

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 01, 2019, 08:46:48 am by Chris Black come back »
The poor bugger who is going to replace him though...Hope he likes running.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 01, 2019, 09:13:05 am by RedJ »
And being called shite regardless of how many goals you score in consecutive seasons.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 01, 2019, 10:38:40 am by glosterred »
Marquis’s valuation - 7/6 and 3 sherbet dib dabs

COYR

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on June 01, 2019, 12:17:10 pm by RobTheRover »
And being called shite regardless of how many goals you score in consecutive seasons.

They say you never know what you had til it's gone. I think a few will realise that when JM does finally leave.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 01, 2019, 02:53:31 pm by Dare to dream! »
Sunderland chairman said in a podcast Marquis told them he would join Sunderland if they doubled his money.

I personally don’t think he will end up at Sunderland. They forked out a ton on Grigg and he will be on a fair whack so why do they need John as well?

If he leaves it will be to a bottom tier Champ club. My guess is Millwall will sign him.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 03:04:27 pm by Dare to dream! »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 01, 2019, 04:38:02 pm by Campsall rover »
Sunderland chairman said in a podcast Marquis told them he would join Sunderland if they doubled his money.

I personally don’t think he will end up at Sunderland. They forked out a ton on Grigg and he will be on a fair whack so why do they need John as well?

If he leaves it will be to a bottom tier Champ club. My guess is Millwall will sign him.
Why has he got to go anywhere? Let’s be positive and keep him. He won’t be going anywhere unless someone coughs up 2 million ( 1 million up front ) and he is offered £8.000 per week on a 2 yr contract imo. Who in the Championship is going to offer that. Names please.
The only club in league one who would offer that is Peterborough as they are keen to financially self destruct.
JM is not going to go there imo why would he.
We are going up next season but Posh ???  :that:

Ziggazaggarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 01, 2019, 04:39:32 pm by Ziggazaggarover »

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 01, 2019, 05:12:34 pm by redarmy82 »

Why has he got to go anywhere? Let’s be positive and keep him. He won’t be going anywhere unless someone coughs up 2 million ( 1 million up front ) and he is offered £8.000 per week on a 2 yr contract imo. Who in the Championship is going to offer that. Names please.
The only club in league one who would offer that is Peterborough as they are keen to financially self destruct.

We will take less than 2 million. Probably half. He's going into the final year of his contract and that makes a huge difference.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 01, 2019, 05:24:14 pm by Campsall rover »
Like I said he won’t be going cheap. Some one is going to have to cough up.
We are not a selling club any more but everyone has a price.
If he did go then we would be in a position to bring in 2/3/4 quality players which would be no bad thing. We just have to find someone who can score goals.
Doesn’t need to be a 25+ Goals a season man as 2 players who can score 15 goals is just as effective and in many ways it is preferable to have 2 players who can score a la Marquis/Wilkes.
GM has targets to go for and Wilkes has to be replaced first of all.

We don’t need to panic every team evolves and i am convinced we will have a strong 18 players to choose from with some very promising youngsters coming through to supplement the squad.
Onwards and upwards and i am already looking forward with great anticipation to the start in August.  :thumbsup:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 01, 2019, 05:27:51 pm by Campsall rover »

We will take less than 2 million. Probably half. He's going into the final year of his contract and that makes a huge difference.
You know that for a fact do you?  You can speculate but without evidence you can’t say that as a fact which is how your post reads.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 01, 2019, 05:42:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I’d rather him move now so we have longer to negotiate with a replacement
I'm certain the club have a strong sense of where this is going and are already set with several targets if that's likely to be needed. Even if they don't know, GM is the kind of person who will have strong well researched options ready to go for, he won't be sat crossing his fingers.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 01, 2019, 05:44:10 pm by RedJ »

Is this not essentially admitting he's tried tapping him up?...

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on June 01, 2019, 06:43:30 pm by PDX_Rover »
Report in the Sunderland Echo intimating in the headline that Marquis is set for a move there. Read the article and it’s pure speculation of course...

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 01, 2019, 07:19:26 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Has Tom Eaves gone anywhere?
He's out of contract so no fee to pay. Wages wouldn't be cheap mind

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 01, 2019, 07:29:36 pm by Retdon1 »
Has Tom Eaves gone anywhere?
He's out of contract so no fee to pay. Wages wouldn't be cheap mind

Not yet but he’s another one linked with Sunderland... Gary hooper is a free but Idd guess he would want big money.

If Marquis won’t sign a new contract then we have to sell him. We can’t afford to let him go for free in 12 months time. The money from selling him would give McCan the chance to improve the overall squad

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 01, 2019, 09:15:55 pm by IDM »
But if he has another cracking season we could get promoted with his goals.. doubtless mid season or sooner he would be offered a new contract..

If he leaves for nowt next summer but we go up, I would say we got the better end of the bargain.!

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 01, 2019, 09:38:17 pm by Retdon1 »
But if he has another cracking season we could get promoted with his goals.. doubtless mid season or sooner he would be offered a new contract..

If he leaves for nowt next summer but we go up, I would say we got the better end of the bargain.!

It’s a big IF though..... A club like ours can’t afford to give up the chance to make a couple of million pounds on a player.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on June 01, 2019, 09:41:54 pm by IDM »
Then why didn’t we sell him in January.??

We don’t have to sell, we don’t need to cash in, when we can get the best from the player..

If he stays, surely he will be given a new contact.?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on June 01, 2019, 09:45:28 pm by PDX_Rover »
We should be taking now about an extension really.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012