Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:31:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis valuation?  (Read 11967 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Marquis valuation?
« Reply #90 on June 01, 2019, 10:06:55 pm by RedJ »
We should be taking now about an extension really.
How do you know we aren't?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on June 01, 2019, 10:11:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I doubt his agent would entertain it. That's why they're in the game afterall.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on June 01, 2019, 10:42:29 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Then why didn’t we sell him in January.??

We don’t have to sell, we don’t need to cash in, when we can get the best from the player..

If he stays, surely he will be given a new contact.?

Because he didn't want to go to another League 1 club who weren't certain of getting promoted?? And didn't in the end.
I reckon if a Championship club had come in for him he'd have been gone

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on June 02, 2019, 12:16:18 pm by redarmy82 »
Sunderland chairman said in a podcast Marquis told them he would join Sunderland if they doubled his money.

I personally don’t think he will end up at Sunderland. They forked out a ton on Grigg and he will be on a fair whack so why do they need John as well?

If he leaves it will be to a bottom tier Champ club. My guess is Millwall will sign him.
Why has he got to go anywhere? Let’s be positive and keep him. He won’t be going anywhere unless someone coughs up 2 million ( 1 million up front ) and he is offered £8.000 per week on a 2 yr contract imo. Who in the Championship is going to offer that. Names please.
The only club in league one who would offer that is Peterborough as they are keen to financially self destruct.
JM is not going to go there imo why would he.
We are going up next season but Posh ???  :that:

We will take less than 2 million. Probably half. He's going into the final year of his contract and that makes a huge difference.
You know that for a fact do you?  You can speculate but without evidence you can’t say that as a fact which is how your post reads.

You're speculating too.
you've obviously no idea on how valuations drop when a players enters their final contract year.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on June 02, 2019, 08:02:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

? The agent gets a slice of a new contract too, and the whole ruse of wanting a move can improve any improvement he'd get. I'm sure it's at least been discussed to a serious level within the club at some level.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on June 02, 2019, 08:18:03 pm by Drover »

He would if we offered enough,but we may not be prepared to offer as much as he may get elsewhere.Time will tell.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on June 03, 2019, 08:02:16 pm by since-1969 »
Marquis has been here before but this time he has a year left and knows that clubs could wait until January if he isn’t extending his contract. You would expect Rovers to sell now and take a good price if Marquis isn’t offered a new deal , but there will not be many teams who have the funds to burn , outside of the Championship and only 2-3 of teams in League 1 and we couldn’t afford him either .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on June 03, 2019, 08:19:46 pm by dickos1 »
If Sunderland are still interested I would take a straight swap deal for Wyke right now.

That would be one of the worst deals in the history of football

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on June 04, 2019, 09:16:27 am by steve@dcfd »

If Sunderland are still interested I would take a straight swap deal for Wyke right now.
You really don’t know the way Doncaster Rovers and GM wants to play. We have to have a mobile forward not someone who just plays in the 18 yard box.  Wyke scored 4 goals  taking 406 minutes per goal John scored 25 goals at 185 minutes per goal.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on June 04, 2019, 10:08:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »

You really don’t know the way Doncaster Rovers and GM wants to play. We have to have a mobile forward not someone who just plays in the 18 yard box.  Wyke scored 4 goals  taking 406 minutes per goal John scored 25 goals at 185 minutes per goal.

Plus, he's about as mobile as Stonehenge.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on June 04, 2019, 10:32:27 am by IDM »
That quick.??

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on June 04, 2019, 11:34:41 am by sedwardsdrfc »
I always think that when i hear people saying we should sign Tom Eaves. We'd have to completely change our play to accommodate that type of centre forward

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on June 04, 2019, 12:58:14 pm by Dare to dream! »
I always think that when i hear people saying we should sign Tom Eaves. We'd have to completely change our play to accommodate that type of centre forward

Is he that different from Marquis? I think they’re like for like, if anything Marquis runs about a bit more.

I would guess Eaves is close to the top of a list of potential replacements.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on June 04, 2019, 01:13:13 pm by since-1969 »
You could be talking about a partner not a replacement.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on June 04, 2019, 01:15:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That quick.??

My favourite ever football forum posting was a Blades fan talking about Nyron Nosworthy?

He said, "Slow? Glacial erosion is quicker than him."

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on June 04, 2019, 01:36:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I agree and I also wonder why he wasn't always a starter at Gillingham. Certainly wasn't a 90 minute player.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on June 04, 2019, 01:44:48 pm by steve@dcfd »
Tom Eaves is out of contract and will have probably got sorted

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on June 04, 2019, 03:57:42 pm by PDX_Rover »

Plus, he's about as mobile as Stonehenge.

His middle names are glacial sloth.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012