Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:05:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Peterborough  (Read 10946 times)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
Re: Peterborough
« Reply #30 on June 02, 2019, 08:08:24 am by southwestexile »
They'll be top in November, 7th in May

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 02, 2019, 08:38:47 am by Rovers91 »
The tactical genius that is Fergie will still f**k it up, I feel sorry for the left back they've signed because hes a very good left back but the poor kid will be playing centre half by November. I think they will lose a couple of players before start of the season  like Toney.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 02, 2019, 09:16:33 am by Campsall rover »
They'll be top in November, 7th in May
Top 2 end of Sept and 7th end of Nov and then sacked.
Any way i am very confident we will finish above them again and this time the margin will be considerably greater.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 02, 2019, 11:38:57 am by dickos1 »
I hope we can rid ourselves with this obsession with Fergie and Peterborough!
It’s difficult when you can see what a head case their Chairman is.
To appoint a manager twice and sack him twice and then appoint him a third time. Basket case.
A club being built on sustainability. Just watch them disintegrate when the two Americans who have invested in the club get fed up and go home.
We seriously don’t know how lucky we are to have our owners.

I think one of the occasions he left to go to Preston didn’t he?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 02, 2019, 11:55:00 am by Campsall rover »
I hope we can rid ourselves with this obsession with Fergie and Peterborough!
It’s difficult when you can see what a head case their Chairman is.
To appoint a manager twice and sack him twice and then appoint him a third time. Basket case.
A club being built on sustainability. Just watch them disintegrate when the two Americans who have invested in the club get fed up and go home.
We seriously don’t know how lucky we are to have our owners.

I think one of the occasions he left to go to Preston didn’t he?
McAnthony sacked him twice.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 02, 2019, 12:11:47 pm by dickos1 »
He’s certainly always done a very good job for them.
Grant is doing a very good job for us, but we do need a good summer of recruitment to progress from last year.
I know it’s only early and there’s plenty of time yet but we do need 5 or 6 new players whether that be loans or permanents

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 02, 2019, 12:13:51 pm by redarmy82 »
I’ll give it to October until their gobby chairman is having a meltdown on Twitter, slagging the players off.

Horrible nasty piece of work and I don't care what he or anyone else says, he has far too greater influence on, on pitch affairs and player selection. The fact that he openly posts every day on twitter is just plain wrong, he is a Chairman/owner of a EFL side and should be seen and not heard from. Don't even get me started about the online broadcasts he does, its all about him lol.

Should JR not have been seen or heard from?

He can do what he likes, their fans seem to like him.

JR?

Of course he can do as he likes but its interesting how 99.99% of English football club chairman choose to stay in the background though isn't it. I can assure you not all PUFC fans like the fact that he is so public though and having had a little to do with the man I stand by my opinion just as I am sure you will.

Yes JR.

Short memory, clearly.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 02, 2019, 01:23:54 pm by NewDonny »
I’ll give it to October until their gobby chairman is having a meltdown on Twitter, slagging the players off.

Horrible nasty piece of work and I don't care what he or anyone else says, he has far too greater influence on, on pitch affairs and player selection. The fact that he openly posts every day on twitter is just plain wrong, he is a Chairman/owner of a EFL side and should be seen and not heard from. Don't even get me started about the online broadcasts he does, its all about him lol.

Should JR not have been seen or heard from?

He can do what he likes, their fans seem to like him.

JR?

Of course he can do as he likes but its interesting how 99.99% of English football club chairman choose to stay in the background though isn't it. I can assure you not all PUFC fans like the fact that he is so public though and having had a little to do with the man I stand by my opinion just as I am sure you will.

Yes JR.

Short memory, clearly.
Not atall, that was a while back now and I am talking about todays game, the here and now. Chairman are rarely if ever heard from nowadays, the current chairman and board have it spot on doing their job behind the scenes and leaving it to the manager and players to get on with things on the pitch.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 02, 2019, 01:26:10 pm by Campsall rover »
He’s certainly always done a very good job for them.
Grant is doing a very good job for us, but we do need a good summer of recruitment to progress from last year.
I know it’s only early and there’s plenty of time yet but we do need 5 or 6 new players whether that be loans or permanents
And we will get them dickos. It will all be in hand fear not.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 02, 2019, 08:54:41 pm by drfchound »
Forty six points for Peterbro next season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 02, 2019, 09:17:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Hope your right hound but that might be a tad optimistic.   47 surely.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 02, 2019, 09:19:30 pm by drfchound »
Hope your right hound but that might be a tad optimistic.   47 surely.

Possibly could do it if they get rid of Ferguson early enough.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 02, 2019, 11:42:07 pm by RoversAlias »

I'm not going to lie, I would absolutely love to see that happen.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 03, 2019, 12:09:47 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
I'd be worried about Peterborough if it was anyone other than Fergie managing them.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 03, 2019, 10:20:01 am by dickos1 »
He’s got them into the championship twice before.

Going to be a tough league next year with Pompey, Sunderland still here and Ipswich, Rotherham joining us.
Sides like oxford and Coventry will push on next year and also mk dons Lincoln will go well
Think it will be a much stronger division next year

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 03, 2019, 10:45:10 am by DonnyOsmond »
People seem to forget he did build a promotion winning team with us.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 03, 2019, 11:07:10 am by chrisd_123 »
He’s got them into the championship twice before.

Going to be a tough league next year with Pompey, Sunderland still here and Ipswich, Rotherham joining us.
Sides like oxford and Coventry will push on next year and also mk dons Lincoln will go well
Think it will be a much stronger division next year

What is it about Oxford that people seem to always say they're going to do well?

I mean, they may well do but I'm sure people have said this for the last few years, both on here and elsewhere, and they always just finish mid table.

Have I missed something this summer?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 03, 2019, 12:31:18 pm by dickos1 »
Second half of last season they were as good as anyone in the division
On paper they have a very good squad for this Level and have already started recruiting well

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 03, 2019, 01:01:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
Second half of last season Oxford obtained 34 points which on a season-long basis would have given 68 points and still been well adrift of the play offs.

Their second half of the season was not impressive.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 03, 2019, 01:11:17 pm by RoversAlias »
Football isn't played on paper, as proven  by Oxford last season. They were in the relegation battle for most of the campaign.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 03, 2019, 01:35:35 pm by dickos1 »
The last 3 months of the season they got 27 points from 13 games. Also they were the only aide to take points off charlton during their excellent run of form.
So granted may not have been for half a season but definitely for the last few months of the season they were as good as anyone else in the division and will be looking to carry that form on.
They have a good squad, look at all the changes they made against us and still gave us a difficult afternoon

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 03, 2019, 01:37:08 pm by dickos1 »
Football isn't played on paper, as proven  by Oxford last season. They were in the relegation battle for most of the campaign.

No but obviously you can look at a squad and use your nogging to identify whether it looks strong or not

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 03, 2019, 02:15:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
The last 3 months of the season they got 27 points from 13 games. Also they were the only aide to take points off charlton during their excellent run of form.
So granted may not have been for half a season but definitely for the last few months of the season they were as good as anyone else in the division and will be looking to carry that form on.
They have a good squad, look at all the changes they made against us and still gave us a difficult afternoon

Second half of last season they were not as good as anyone else in the division.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 03, 2019, 02:29:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
Second half of last season Oxford obtained 34 points which on a season-long basis would have given 68 points and still been well adrift of the play offs.

Their second half of the season was not impressive.

Oxford United accrued 34 points in the second half of last season - exact same number of points that we accrued. Not sure we had the best second half of the season tbh.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 03, 2019, 03:06:55 pm by dickos1 »

Second half of last season they were not as good as anyone else in the division.

I’m pretty sure they were better than a lot of sides, Scunthorpe, Bradford, Plymouth Southend off the top of my head.

Anyhow there’s no denying they ended the season over the last 3 months as good as anyone in the division and will be looking to continue with that form

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 03, 2019, 03:14:10 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

I’m pretty sure they were better than a lot of sides, Scunthorpe, Bradford, Plymouth Southend off the top of my head.

Anyhow there’s no denying they ended the season over the last 3 months as good as anyone in the division and will be looking to continue with that form

Myself & my dad thought they'd be a force this season. However, aren't they suffering from money issues so it's causing a bit of unrest?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 03, 2019, 03:33:06 pm by Chris Black come back »

Possibly, but that was not the point made. They were not as good as anyone else in the division in the second half of the season. That was a made-up statement.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 03, 2019, 05:14:29 pm by dickos1 »
Which I acknowledged and altered in the very next post which you just keep ignoring

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on June 03, 2019, 05:16:12 pm by dickos1 »
Still a good enough reason to expect them to do well this season which was the question asked

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 03, 2019, 10:01:34 pm by Campsall rover »
Still a good enough reason to expect them to do well this season which was the question asked
The subject is supposed to be Peterborough not Oxford.  :facepalm:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012