Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:23:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Controversial or wondering  (Read 2773 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Controversial or wondering
« on June 02, 2019, 10:51:06 am by sha66y »
If JM doesn’t commit to a new Contact at DRFC:
I would transfer list him right now....for these reasons..

Will his heart be in it to perform week in week out with elements of abuse from the terrace from those who feel he’s gonna sell us out

he is renowned for being a tad petulant when things don’t go right...will this be amplified by the pressure he must feel

If he has had his head turned already, and could leave after an uneventful last season at Donny for a big pay cheque / no fee arrangement ..... why should he bother to put 100% in ?

I hope all these negatives are just a passing phase of doom I’m getting from this whole affair....

I want him to extend for at least another year, but if he won’t, I think we will see a different JM this season......

Please feel free to allay my fears, but if you attack me instead of my points, I will exorcise you in scrypt....lol
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 10:55:31 am by sha66y »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Drover

• Forum Member
Re: Controversial or wondering
« Reply #1 on June 02, 2019, 10:59:19 am by Drover »
I would'nt,because as soons as you transfer list a player,his value drops,because potential buyers then know you want to sell him.What I would do is,say we don't want to sell him,but if he wants to move,for whatever reason and if our valuation of the him is met,then we are prepared to sell,but it must be to our strict valuation.Pretty much what our savvy board are doing now,is it not?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 02, 2019, 11:03:27 am by sha66y »
I would'nt,because as soons as you transfer list a player,his value drops,because potential buyers then know you want to sell him.What I would do is,say we don't want to sell him,but if he wants to move,for whatever reason and if our valuation of the him is met,then we are prepared to sell,but it must be to our strict valuation.Pretty much what our savvy board are doing now,is it not?

Perhaps transfer list is the wrong word....
Make available , tout to the highest bidder kind of thing...

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 02, 2019, 11:16:37 am by since-1969 »

Will his heart be in it to perform week in week out with elements of abuse from the terrace from those who feel he’s gonna sell us out

he is renowned for being a tad petulant when things don’t go right...will this be amplified by the pressure he must feel

If he has had his head turned already, and could leave after an uneventful last season at Donny for a big pay cheque / no fee arrangement ..... why should he bother to put 100% in ?

I hope all these negatives are just a passing phase of doom I’m getting from this whole affair....

I want him to extend for at least another year, but if he won’t, I think we will see a different JM this season......

Please feel free to allay my fears, but if you attack me instead of my points, I will exorcise you in scrypt....lol
Just as well that you your not the manager having lost three of my best players and the goals that they produce... loose JM and that’s all your goals gone and relegation is what you’ll face . Goals scorers  cost money and loan signing the same  and  McCann is on a fixed budget so cashing in JM isn’t a practical choice, what is , is showing JM that he is pivotal to the long term success of the club and signing players who will partner him up front is going to a priority. JM’s head isn’t turned he knows if he leaves , then he becomes another striker to choose from and NOT the main man as he is here. Money may talk but he is young and needs still to develop and it won’t happn being sat on a bench at Sunderland every other game . 

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 02, 2019, 11:42:21 am by Arsenal Of The North »

Just as well that you your not the manager having lost three of my best players and the goals that they produce... loose JM and that’s all your goals gone and relegation is what you’ll face . Goals scorers  cost money and loan signing the same  and  McCann is on a fixed budget so cashing in JM isn’t a practical choice, what is , is showing JM that he is pivotal to the long term success of the club and signing players who will partner him up front is going to a priority. JM’s head isn’t turned he knows if he leaves , then he becomes another striker to choose from and NOT the main man as he is here. Money may talk but he is young and needs still to develop and it won’t happn being sat on a bench at Sunderland every other game . 

That’s under the assumption that non of the players that have left will not be replaced, so yeah we may have lost 20/30 goals but the club will bring in replacements.

donyderek

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 02, 2019, 12:07:44 pm by donyderek »
Interesting comment, for me the board are willing to sell JM (providing their valuation is met), and GM has all ready earmarked a replacement. Plus
Given the fact we have lost Wilks (14 goals) plus Butler Rowe Downing Kane and Marosi.
Worrying times, surely after last season we should be building a championship side NOW, if we were serious about promotion!.

Bottom line is, financially we are a div 1 side. Prudent decision by the board to give GM a budget comparable to finishing 8th.
A good 'lucky' season with injuries, red cards, refs decisions we could scrape into the play offs which we did. An 'unlucky' season we would have finished 11th 10th. The fans would have been happy watching the team win 16/20 or so games. Getting into the play offs was squeaky bum time for the board. If we had gained promotion we, on our finances could not afford a championship side paying championship wages. The board know the costs. So what would we have gained, see Rotherham stats won 8 ish games and relegated.
                So if you want to further your career then move on ( do a fergy he new how the cloth was cut). That's what JM will do. And probably GM when the penny drops.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 02, 2019, 12:10:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
We need focal point for attack that is going to commit for next 2-3 seasons. That probably is not going to be Marquis. Best to sort this now by either offering longer contract (which he will not accept) or ushering him to a decent Championship club for a fair fee.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 02, 2019, 12:19:46 pm by silent majority »
Interesting comment, for me the board are willing to sell JM (providing their valuation is met), and GM has all ready earmarked a replacement. Plus
Given the fact we have lost Wilks (14 goals) plus Butler Rowe Downing Kane and Marosi.
Worrying times, surely after last season we should be building a championship side NOW, if we were serious about promotion!.

Bottom line is, financially we are a div 1 side. Prudent decision by the board to give GM a budget comparable to finishing 8th.
A good 'lucky' season with injuries, red cards, refs decisions we could scrape into the play offs which we did. An 'unlucky' season we would have finished 11th 10th. The fans would have been happy watching the team win 16/20 or so games. Getting into the play offs was squeaky bum time for the board. If we had gained promotion we, on our finances could not afford a championship side paying championship wages. The board know the costs. So what would we have gained, see Rotherham stats won 8 ish games and relegated.
                So if you want to further your career then move on ( do a fergy he new how the cloth was cut). That's what JM will do. And probably GM when the penny drops.

I have to disagree with all that you have just posted. Not a bit of that has any basis in truth.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 02, 2019, 12:38:06 pm by sha66y »

I have to disagree with all that you have just posted. Not a bit of that has any basis in truth.

Please elucidate !!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 02, 2019, 12:45:40 pm by sha66y »

Contextually you seem to be all over the place....!
Now look at my reasons and argue them on point, be constructive with your discreditations,
I am not the manager and neither are you...strikers score goals that they are opportuned, I’m sure the guy/guys who replace JM (should he leave) will have a wonderful time with the service we can provide....

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 02, 2019, 12:49:38 pm by sha66y »
We need focal point for attack that is going to commit for next 2-3 seasons. That probably is not going to be Marquis. Best to sort this now by either offering longer contract (which he will not accept) or ushering him to a decent Championship club for a fair fee.

Completely agree....

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 02, 2019, 01:10:56 pm by since-1969 »

Contextually you seem to be all over the place....!
Now look at my reasons and argue them on point, be constructive with your discreditations,
I am not the manager and neither are you...strikers score goals that they are opportuned, I’m sure the guy/guys who replace JM (should he leave) will have a wonderful time with the service we can provide....

JM is a vital part of the club and guarantees at least 20+ goals and a great deal of hard work to boot . If Copps at his age is worth a contract because of his abilities then JM is our Crown Jewels .With  Kane and Wilks gone with Rowe as well . Goals are the life blood of any club JM is NOT for SALE!  You don’t sell unless someone offers a stupid price you can’t refuse and I can’t see that happening.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 02, 2019, 01:16:05 pm by Campsall rover »

Here we go again. So your saying the board don’t want Championship football?
You are so far off the mark you just hit the corner flag with that shot.
Championship football is exactly what the board want and they want to sustain it.
Why do you and some others on here not understand that to be fact?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 02, 2019, 01:51:33 pm by PDX_Rover »
Who says John wouldn’t sign a contract extension? He’s an intelligent guy and he has a home here where he’s the heart of the team. That counts for a lot.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 02, 2019, 03:56:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

1) Will his heart be in it to perform week in week out with elements of abuse from the terrace from those who feel he’s gonna sell us out

2) he is renowned for being a tad petulant when things don’t go right...will this be amplified by the pressure he must feel

3) If he has had his head turned already, and could leave after an uneventful last season at Donny for a big pay cheque / no fee arrangement ..... why should he bother to put 100% in ?

4) I hope all these negatives are just a passing phase of doom I’m getting from this whole affair....

5) I want him to extend for at least another year, but if he won’t, I think we will see a different JM this season......

1) Same as last season then. In my opinion he gave 100% despite the Sunderland move issue.

2) He's an emotional player. Calling that petulent (ie infering he's childish) is certainly about you seeing it from an angle - get over it, whatever it is.

3) He's after a better deal, which player isn't? Until he accepts one that is also acceptable to the club (of course he realises that the club have to agree, that's why he signed a contract in the first place and why he'll sign another similar one).

This last season was far from uneventful - not sure how long you've been following DRFC?!

If there is by some strange way a deal offered to him with better personal terms but little in terms of a transfer fee - would he really be taking it seriously? So then he stays here having not been though of as good enough an investment. He'd be at a club that wants him. Problem? It's the same as was, though I'd expect him to be getting a new 2 year deal with us pretty soon.

4) It's your stuff, go on holiday or something. There's no gloom going on at DRFC as far as I can see.

5) We will see a different JM if he stays. I think the next season could be the best of his career.  I'm easy if we keep him or if we get a good price that enables GM to invest. So far so good with what I see from our manager, and I'm SURE he's well ahead of the game.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 02, 2019, 04:17:44 pm by phil old leake »
I agree with you Sha66y.  I’d get what I could for him while he’s still got a value. 
He starts next season like he finished this his value is going to drop beyond belief. If any of the figures being bandied about are anywhere near the mark-he could be worth 3 or 4 players to fill the voids being left by players leaving

I like the bloke and rate him but he’s got a career to think about and at the end of the day he’s not irreplaceable.  To be fair very few players are

If he’s going it needs sorting soon to allow for the search for a good quality replacement

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 02, 2019, 04:33:07 pm by selby »
  Phil, he ended the season scoring one of the best build up goals of the season by any individual player, setting the move rolling with a ball out from the centre circle, and running half the length of the field at pace to get in the ideal position for a striker at the far post, in space , unmarked for an easy header from a couple of yards.
   it was a quality goal in execution and individual unselfish play, that other people in the game will have picked up on, he made it look simple, it wasn't it was special.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 02, 2019, 07:48:17 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
....He starts next season like he finished this his value is going to drop beyond belief....

Slowly, gently, take your head out of the oven. Then go book that holiday with Sha66y.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 02, 2019, 08:14:46 pm by adamtherover »
....He starts next season like he finished this his value is going to drop beyond belief....

Slowly, gently, take your head out of the oven. Then go book that holiday with Sha66y.
by scoring 3 goals in the last 4 games?  Jeez what more do you want man..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 02, 2019, 09:08:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Do you know i think some people just pretend they go to football matches.
If they can’t see what JM brings to the table then imo they are not proper football people or just simply don’t understand the game.  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I have been watching live football ( DRFC ) at 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th tier level since 1975 ( before that it was mostly 1st tier ) and Marquis is the best leader ( centre forward ) of the front line we have had at the club, no question.
That includes, O’Callaghan, Warboys, Moss, Douglas, Jeffries, Cramb, Barnes, Fortune-West, & Brown,
I have not included Kitchen, Blundell, Heffernan, Hayter & Sharp, as they were goal poachers who played along side a centre forward. Could put Jeffries and Cramb into that category also.
Get real please as we have a gem in JM
 ( no pun intended )  :that:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012