Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 10:10:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: England vs Holland  (Read 4828 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: England vs Holland
« Reply #30 on June 06, 2019, 10:56:07 pm by selby »
 I am sure they have been watching our throw ins

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 06, 2019, 11:01:09 pm by steve@dcfd »
John Stones should not play again until he playing week in week out for Man City.

Rice not ready.

Delph is not good enough for a midfield player.

Against Switzerland we need Jordan Henderson Harry Winks and one more.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 06, 2019, 11:05:24 pm by Nudga »
Gomez to come in for Stones

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 06, 2019, 11:11:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Don't know about Gomez, but Uncle Fester couldn't have done worse than Stones.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 06, 2019, 11:23:30 pm by dickos1 »
We played well after they equalised and were a boot lace away from winning.
A very dubious decision that for me

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 06, 2019, 11:57:35 pm by drfchound »
We played well after they equalised and were a boot lace away from winning.
A very dubious decision that for me

Agreed and as bad as those two mistakes by Stones were, the goal that was ruled out began by Stones staying composed and playing the ball out from inside his own six yard box rather than just lumping it upfield.
Lingard was level in my opinion.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 07, 2019, 06:51:29 am by roversdude »
Unfortunately hound your opinion in this counts for nought in a pre VAR world it would definitely have been a goal
Pickfords kicking had me scared to death, Stones makes those mistakes regularly.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 07, 2019, 07:42:03 am by jmt23 »
Both Stones and Barkley, were poor when pressured. Barkley constantly held on to the ball too long, but did not have the skill level/mentality to cope - it was like he has watched what Hazzard does and thought I could do that, you can't, stop it!

Stones should not have been in the team, he looks poor- Championship defender at best. He did show promise a few years back. His mind/belief is willing, but his body and skill level are not there.

Walker wasn't great either.

Did Southgate get it wrong? I'm not sure, we could and should have scored more- Holland apart from 2 players are bang average, a full England team would have steam rolled them.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 07, 2019, 07:52:10 am by dickos1 »
Var is only supposed to be used for clear and obvious errors.
So someone having their boot lace an inch offside isn’t a clear and obvious error

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 07, 2019, 08:55:37 am by sedwardsdrfc »
This is where VAR needs clarification. If a goal is scored it's used to check 100% legitimacy where as penalties red cards etc are supposed to be clear and obvious error? or at least thats what i thought it was.

If it is there to find a clear obvious error and thats it then that is a goal all day, advantage to attacking team i was always told

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 07, 2019, 09:10:24 am by RoversAlias »
Var is only supposed to be used for clear and obvious errors.
So someone having their boot lace an inch offside isn’t a clear and obvious error

That isn't the rule as far as I know. VAR is for "game-changing decisions" so any goal is prone to being overruled for any infringement. I didn't see this game but just thought I'd add some clarity on that one.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 07, 2019, 09:33:48 am by dickos1 »
On the uefa website and Wikipedia it states this ,

What are the rules of VAR being used?

VAR only intervenes in the course of a match when the officials have made a 'clear and obvious error' in one of four key areas.

Following extensive trialling in a number of major competitions, VARs were first written into the Laws of the Game by the International Football Association Board (IFAB) in 2018.[1] Operating under the philosophy of "minimal interference, maximum benefit"[2][3], the VAR system seeks to provide a way for "clear and obvious errors" and "serious missed incidents" to be corrected.[4]

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 07, 2019, 11:35:36 am by sedwardsdrfc »
if thats the case then its should be a goal but once the video ref looks at it can they really give a goal which is offside but quite close? it really has to be all or nothing (personally i thought the game was fine before VAR)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 07, 2019, 01:07:08 pm by RobTheRover »
Paddy Power tweeted Rice played like an Ireland midfielder tonight which sums him up. If we want to dictate the game Rice isn't the answer he's a defender playing midfield and has had a decent season for west ham 

To be fair, he's had to to have a decent season for West Ham.  He's had the likes of Obiang and Perez in the same side as him.  Wouldn't pay them in buttons springs to mind

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 07, 2019, 05:20:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I thought Holland played as if they were a league above England in terms of skill and composure, and goals. A joy to watch.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 07, 2019, 06:20:28 pm by dickos1 »
Goals?
They scored a header from a corner and two goals we laid on a plate for them.
Not really a joy to watch.

The goal we scored that was disallowed was a joy to watch

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 07, 2019, 06:32:32 pm by Draytonian III »
How can a disallowed goal be a joy to watch? 

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 07, 2019, 06:56:01 pm by RedJ »
How can a disallowed goal be a joy to watch? 
So cos the goal didn't stand you're not allowed to enjoy the build up and/or finish?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 07, 2019, 07:25:30 pm by dickos1 »
Exactly and it wasn’t disallowed until about 5 minutes after.
So are you then supposed to erase all that from your head

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 07, 2019, 07:46:12 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
thats what i hate about var i was going mad when we scored but as soon as they start looking at it you just knew it wasn't going to be given

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 07, 2019, 09:24:47 pm by Rovers Return »
In the ground last night. Went berserk when England scored. Without VARS that goal stands all day long. So now we can’t celebrate in the same explosive way that football has given us when a goal is scored. No other sport does that to us. Now we will have to wait, look to a screen and wait 5 mins before some one far away says it’s a goal and we politely cheer.

Decided I hate the thing either way now. Even for their penalty appeal the game just stopped for what felt like ages. Momentum gone, atmosphere dumbed down. Rubbish!!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 07, 2019, 09:44:39 pm by Campsall rover »
Anybody with a better eye for a footballer than me care to shed any light on what all the fuss about Declan Rice is about?
Please please no body can be judged on one match. Give the lad a chance.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 08, 2019, 12:35:06 am by tyke1962 »
I'm amazed Southgate hasn't included Jack Grealish in his squad .

This lad could be the midfield player we are crying out for , I take the point he's played in the championship for the last 3 seasons but I think it's pretty clear he's way above that level .

In my opinion the lad is very comfortable receiving the ball in tight spots and very rarely loses it , the kind of player who could fit in to international football relatively easily .

It pains me to say this as a Tyke but John Stones was simply awful on Thursday night , the kind of performance that normally ends international careers .

He's not a young kid now , plenty of caps and a world cup semi final behind him and  won every domestic honour available at Man City .

I'd be looking at other options myself if I was Southgate , complete liability .

Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 09, 2019, 12:05:06 pm by Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin »
This VAR review is brought to you by Budweiser, Why not grab a beer before celebrating that goal.

I think there was a champs league quarter final this year (might have been Ajax v Juve). Nothing happened in the last 10 mins but they still had 4 separate VAR stoppages to ensure that something that definitely wasn't a penalty wasn't a penalty. The Chilwell thing should have been ignored but when the stakes are the highest which ref in the world isnt going to double check? You would do too if it was your job wouldn't you? That's the worst thing about VAR, Not the tight decisions but we the fans getting used to not celebrating the most dramatic moments this sport has to offer because we know whatevers happened itll be reviewed.

I cant think of any infringement was so ever in Solskjaer and Agueros last minute winners but I can say without question that I would have been blowing my whistle and holding my finger to my earpiece if I was a ref with VAR in those matches...... Now join us after the break to find out if that really was a penalty.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012