Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:25:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Belles  (Read 2575 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Belles
« on June 09, 2019, 05:09:16 pm by RoversAlias »
Just watching the World Cup game between England and Scotland thoughts turned to the Belles and the position they're currently in in the league pyramid with everything.

I was wondering if we knew anything yet of Club Doncaster's intentions for the team? Would be great to see them progress back towards the level that they belong at, even if the FA have no interest in the clubs who made women's football watchable before they shoehorned Liverpool, City, Spurs and Man Utd into the upper echelons.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bezza

• Forum Member
Re: Belles
« Reply #1 on June 09, 2019, 06:00:46 pm by Bezza »
They got relegated, so a long way back.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 09, 2019, 06:29:07 pm by dknward2 »
expecting some update from Gavin Baldwin within the next few weeks according to the free press.

Think they are starting out with team of younger ladies to build a team around and grow step by step.

Would be good if they could arrange a friendly vs the mens team and have some games on the athletics pitch before rovers games on Saturdays letting all in for free try and build a level of supporters for them and cheering them on

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 10, 2019, 10:30:30 am by BVB »
They got relegated with a team comprised mostly of Development Squad members from Belles RTC and Leeds RTC - average age 16/17.
Tough first half to the season but did much better in second half.
Hoping they may get a relegation reprieve as Guiseley Vixens have folded.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 10, 2019, 02:12:28 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
They got relegated with a team comprised mostly of Development Squad members from Belles RTC and Leeds RTC - average age 16/17.
Tough first half to the season but did much better in second half.
Hoping they may get a relegation reprieve as Guiseley Vixens have folded.

Fingers crossed on that as that league had 13 clubs rather than the usual 12, so Guiseley folding looks like it will simply help get the league neatly back to 12 clubs, with Bradford and Belles relegated.

The two clubs coming up, Burnely and West Brom, are likely to meet the requirements for promotion - not least having high flying "mother" clubs.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:15:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 12, 2019, 10:04:43 am by graingrover »
We still await news of the  recent appointment of the new Belles CEO and I understand  the hold up is  due to ongoing negotiation withnthe former employer.
I imagine then the budget and squad acquisitions would follow . Leandra Little has  been released from Liverpool ladies .She would be a great acquisition and was  captain here for a few seasons..

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 12, 2019, 12:21:02 pm by idler »
Guiseley Vixens were supposedly paying one of their players £100 a week last year. The guy who was putting the money in has now pulled the plug.
Rumour is that his wife who used to play for Guiseley is now at Farsley Celtic and he might put money in there.
That is the problem if you are dependant on one backer.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 12, 2019, 02:40:37 pm by graingrover »
The integration into Club Doncaster gives Belles stability .Is Guiseley  Vixens owned by the same bloke as their men’s club then ?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 12, 2019, 05:24:57 pm by idler »
I don't think so Brian. I haven't been to Guiseley for a couple of years.I think that their main man left about then. I will be seeing a regular Guiseley supporter tomorrow. I will try to get more info then.
As far as I know the guy started with Rothwell as manager. They then merged with Vixens to move up a league. Then a merger with Guiseley gave them a further boost up the leagues.
I was told that his wife stopped playing for Guiseley to have a baby and  later came back to go to Farsley Celtic.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 14, 2019, 07:39:30 am by idler »
Hi Brian, I was talking to Neil a Guiseley fan today.
The money man at Guiseley is Steve Parkin. He's the self made multi millionaire that owns Clipper, the fashion delivery firm. He sponsors a stand at Elland Rd. and has thought about buying Leeds United a couple of times in the last few years. Nothing to do with the Guiseley Vixens, or at least so far.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 14, 2019, 07:43:05 am by graingrover »
Thanks Idler.!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 14, 2019, 07:47:48 am by idler »
No probs Brian.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 19, 2019, 08:02:11 pm by graingrover »
I see Liam Burch has left Yeovil Ladies today ...now that would be a good acquisition as CEO ..let’s see over next few days .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012