Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:53:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Impatience..  (Read 5977 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Impatience..
« Reply #30 on July 03, 2019, 04:30:59 pm by silent majority »
Yep, I understand, but it will be all done and dusted within the week if everything goes according to plan.

Gavin is finding it easier to get things done whilst out there, with the added benefit that the players have responded positively to him being there as a symbol of all being in this together, no separation of management and players.

There is a list of players that have agreed to join the club, but it still makes sense to hold off until the new man is appointed. This time next week will look completely different. Have faith.

Are these potential signings permanent or on loan

A bit of both.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 03, 2019, 04:50:58 pm by Danmckay456 »
👍👍👍

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 03, 2019, 05:47:10 pm by Fal »
I hope that the new manager isn’t going to play 4-3-3, although it worked for goals scored I feel GM didn’t have a plan B when things weren’t going to plan. Wycombe being a good example, I think we literally played the same formation every game no matter the opposition strengths and weaknesses.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 03, 2019, 06:01:49 pm by Alan Southstand »
Agreed to a point, Fal, and that point is when we lost Whiteman and Kane and he still tried to play 4-3-3 (Luton?) and came unstuck, massively. Then, he switched to different systems, with some success.

He then swapped back - was it at Sunderland? - and we looked awful.

If there was one criticism of GM last season, it was his inflexible approach, but he got us to 6th, so you can't grumble. The thing that bugs me, is, with a little bit more thought, we could have been much nearer to the top 5 than what we ended up being.

Next season will be totally different, due to the 'culling' that we've had and a number of teams have strengthened in the meantime (Coventry, Fleetwood, Peterborough).

The new manager will have his work cut out, so we need to give him every encouragement and support.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 03, 2019, 07:00:33 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
GM wasn't the sort to out do tactically that i could see he was more lets be positive and blow the opposition away (something i quite liked). We got out done tactically a few times but Charlton at home in the playoffs comes to mind. If our new manager can keep that attacking positivity and add a bit of tactical knowhow we'll do very well

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 03, 2019, 07:12:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
On Marquis, don’t rule out one unlikely but feasible scenario - he stays with us this season so he can run down his contract and then (as is quite common now) make a huge amount of money with his next move as there will be no transfer fee.

Clearly he would need to make a success of this season and put off playing in Championship, but he would be in charge of his own destiny. It could be that what is on offer wage wise from potential buyers now (his agent will know the score) and the club(s) itself are not what he wants.

Just as good for him to sit tight until January or next May when he can make a stack as a contract free player.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 03, 2019, 07:37:26 pm by drfchound »
On Marquis, don’t rule out one unlikely but feasible scenario - he stays with us this season so he can run down his contract and then (as is quite common now) make a huge amount of money with his next move as there will be no transfer fee.

Clearly he would need to make a success of this season and put off playing in Championship, but he would be in charge of his own destiny. It could be that what is on offer wage wise from potential buyers now (his agent will know the score) and the club(s) itself are not what he wants.

Just as good for him to sit tight until January or next May when he can make a stack as a contract free player.

........and possibly add a further twenty goals to his CV total.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:16:38 pm by eastender »

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 03, 2019, 09:24:39 pm by Dare to dream! »
I don’t want to bash to hoard or process but couldn’t interviews have taken place this week? I’ll make any bet that we don’t have a manager by at least late next week.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 03, 2019, 09:32:07 pm by Filo »
I don’t want to bash to hoard or process but couldn’t interviews have taken place this week? I’ll make any bet that we don’t have a manager by at least late next week.

Depending on what day late next week you mean I’ll take that bet

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 03, 2019, 09:57:43 pm by IDM »

Simpler question, why don’t you believe what GB has put out in the press today, which is virtually the same as SM said on here earlier too.?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 03, 2019, 10:13:11 pm by scawsby steve »
I must admit I'm feeling happier with the situation today than I've felt over the last few days.

Onwards and upwards.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 03, 2019, 10:24:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

We may have, but not officially announce it just to tease you!

There may be fine detail to be sorted before an official announcement can be made. We must be prepared for that. If it's announced earlier then great!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 04, 2019, 06:06:10 am by roversdude »
Martin are you able to comment on the calibre of applicants. Were the board surprised at the interest
Thanks

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 04, 2019, 08:07:46 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
One black, one Asian, one Irish man, one Scotsman, one woman, one gay, just to keep everyone happy! Chris Coleman didn't apply!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 04, 2019, 08:15:11 am by silent majority »
Martin are you able to comment on the calibre of applicants. Were the board surprised at the interest
Thanks

We didn't go into individual details but the club are delighted with the quality and the number of applicants. And as I mentioned yesterday they've sought some excellent advice from people within the game. It sounds good.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 04, 2019, 08:29:57 am by roversdude »
Cheers SM

DBR hope we learnt our lesson with Irishmen lol

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 04, 2019, 04:17:56 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Been avoiding the forum last few days as I didn't want to depress myself (far too emotionally involved, but, you know!)

SM's post has cheered me right up.

UTR.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 04, 2019, 10:34:41 pm by Dare to dream! »

Thursday

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 05, 2019, 07:07:39 am by Filo »

Thursday

So how much do you with to bet

TinyPortal © 2005-2012