Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:22:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Earn big money elsewhere  (Read 3549 times)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Earn big money elsewhere
« Reply #30 on June 17, 2019, 09:51:50 am by Move DRFC »
It's his way of getting players in to get us to the Championship. If they get us there, we'll be a position to keep them on and they'll most likely want to stay on (for Champ football).

I have no issue with it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 17, 2019, 09:53:51 am by dickos1 »
I agree with the sentiment
But I think it’s blatantly obvious if you take the likes of Kane, wilks, downing out of your side and butler and Rowe out your squad then we do need a bit of work doing.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 17, 2019, 09:55:02 am by RugbyRover »
Only having a squad of 18 senior players is a risk for me. You only need a few injuries and suspensions and were down to a bench full of unproven kids. Last season we had a squad of 20/21 players and had a lack of options on the bench on a number of occasions.

totally agree with this. Last year we had some dips in form where we had no options to freshen things up. If we have a smaller squad the same things going to happen, even more so.

If we get promoted (stated aim) then we'll certainly be doing it the hard way.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 17, 2019, 12:46:59 pm by northern soul »
People talking about 'decimating the squad' tho, look at this possible side..
Lawlor
Halliday Wright Anderson Andrew
Crawford Blair Whiteman
Copps Marquis? Middleton?

Most of those players played at least 80% of the games last season, Middleton replacing Wilks is one I'm happy with and Halliday is a natural RB with good potential, yeah the midfield needs work, and the bench will need filling etc.. But for me, we aren't that far off a side capable of performing equally well as last season and when has GM let us down in this first season? I for one haven't had this much faith in a Rovers Manager since the SO'D promotion season. Yes Marquis may need replacing, but in Grant we trust and I'll bet my money he's got replacements lined up

Also missing saddlier who I think could become a vital player for is this year.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 17, 2019, 02:05:38 pm by drfchound »
Lawlor
Crawford Blair Whiteman

Most of those players played at least 80% of the games last season, Middleton replacing Wilks is one I'm happy with and Halliday is a natural RB with good potential, yeah the midfield needs work, and the bench will need filling etc.. But for me, we aren't that far off a side capable of performing equally well as last season and when has GM let us down in this first season? I for one haven't had this much faith in a Rovers Manager since the SO'D promotion season. Yes Marquis may need replacing, but in Grant we trust and I'll bet my money he's got replacements lined up

Has Sadlier gone?

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 17, 2019, 03:17:34 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »
Lawlor
Crawford Blair Whiteman

Has Sadlier gone?

It was a hypothetical starting XI guys, just to show those that thought we weren't strong, that we have a side who played the majority of last season. Yes add Sadlier in and it's even stronger, we'll be competitive, quit the doom mongering

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 17, 2019, 05:38:43 pm by drfchound »
Some of our posters won’t be sleeping very well at present.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012