Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:22:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Danny Andrew  (Read 20663 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Danny Andrew
« Reply #60 on June 17, 2019, 06:15:13 pm by drfchound »
No I haven’t but on here it is said that he said he would sign, but didn’t.
Marquis signed a three year deal and still has a year to go.
Is that any different?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 17, 2019, 06:19:29 pm by Cramby10 »
Bloody good on them. I applaud the club. Yes Danny was a steady left back but it’s so refreshing to see a club saying b*llocks to a player to show they won’t be messed around.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 17, 2019, 06:20:30 pm by Filo »
f**k the money grabbing Kitson.

Well and truly deserves a hostile reception on his return.

Why.
Would that apply to Marquis if he leaves for more money?
Andrew agreed a new contract then reneged on the deal, trying to squeeze more money out of the club.
Haven't you read the dfp article?

Not very often we see eye to eye, but on this one I’m with you all the way

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 17, 2019, 06:22:35 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
No I haven’t but on here it is said that he said he would sign, but didn’t.
Marquis signed a three year deal and still has a year to go.
Is that any different?

Yeah it's different. If we don't accept a bid he stays. it's on our terms Andrew was trying to deal on his terms which he wasn't in a position to do, so he's out. It's not like Andrew has a queue of championship club waiting he clearly just wanted to stretch us too far.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 17, 2019, 06:23:12 pm by Dare to dream! »
I suppose from Andrews point of view he’s just had a kid and is an injury prone player. He will be looking for a long contract with a big wage as security.

I’m glad we’re not giving in to player demands as it now sets a precedent for players at the club.

We move on.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 17, 2019, 06:23:32 pm by chrisd_123 »
f**k the money grabbing Kitson.

Well and truly deserves a hostile reception on his return.

Why.
Would that apply to Marquis if he leaves for more money?

Different situation. Marquis and the club have been honest with each other throughout. Nobody can begrudge Marquis going on to bigger clubs now after what he’s given us.

Andrew has been here for what, 2 seasons? Played for 1 in reality.

Andrew and his agent, albeit only hearing McCann’s side, have acted like Kitsons. F**k him. Just knock the ball over his head and get him going back towards his own goal when we play against him and we’ll be in.

Let’s be honest, we were all on the fence about whether he should be staying. His performances did pick up towards the end of the season but still nowhere near solid enough defensively.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 17, 2019, 06:25:23 pm by Filo »
I suppose from Andrews point of view he’s just had a kid and is an injury prone player. He will be looking for a long contract with a big wage as security.

I’m glad we’re not giving in to player demands as it now sets a precedent for players at the club.

We move on.

I had two kids, on a lot less money than he’ll be on, thats a poor excuse

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 17, 2019, 06:29:29 pm by Michael Shaw »
I find the apathy from the manager and anyone officially associated with the club quite staggering. The "Who cares, all these good players can just clear off" attitude shows what a bad attitude the club has towards players. Why would anyone want to play for a club that has little or no respect for players and what to pay them peanuts? The core of players who got us into the playoffs are leaving in drovers. Go on, argue with me, I don't care I still think the attitude stinks.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 17, 2019, 06:31:11 pm by Dare to dream! »
I find the apathy from the manager and anyone officially associated with the club quite staggering. The "Who cares, all these good players can just clear off" attitude shows what a bad attitude the club has towards players. Why would anyone want to play for a club that has little or no respect for players and what to pay them peanuts? The core of players who got us into the playoffs are leaving in drovers. Go on, argue with me, I don't care I still think the attitude stinks.

I get your point but if we have offered him a better deal which was agreed then i'm with Mcann in telling him to piss off. McCann is cleary irritated by the agent.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 17, 2019, 06:33:13 pm by pib »

There’s a balance to be had I think. I don’t think the manager is saying good players can clear off, but when Andrew verbally agrees a deal, then stalls and stalls for weeks before saying he’s off somewhere else, he’s holding the club to ransom and I can see why McCann has a strong stance on that.

As much as we want the club to have respect for players, it works both ways and we also want players who have respect for the club and don’t send out a message that the club can be pissed around and squeezed for more money in a negotiation.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on June 17, 2019, 06:45:01 pm by since-1969 »
It’s a piss poor start to A new season no matter how you view it .

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 17, 2019, 06:49:25 pm by eastender »
His lack of awareness and ball watching in the 1st leg against Charlton cost us 2 goals and probably a visit to Wembley.
Well overrated and very replaceable at a cheaper rate than he wanted.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 17, 2019, 06:51:05 pm by vaya »

Attention seeking.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on June 17, 2019, 06:55:42 pm by CJK »

Hardly think offering the lad improved terms on a number of occasions is showing disrespect to players.

I’m really pleased Rovers have acted like this. He was a decent enough player but he’s obviously got a kitson for an agent.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 17, 2019, 06:56:55 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Nothing to argue about, you're making stuff up. Why?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 17, 2019, 07:11:24 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
It’s a piss poor start to A new season no matter how you view it .

Just as a matter of interest, what do you think the Rovers should have done differently re Andrew? 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on June 17, 2019, 07:13:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Danny Andrew was bang average for rhe the most part of the season. Not great going forward and players getting past him with ease at the back. All of a sudden he scores a free kick which started a run of them. Something we'd not seen all season and his form picks up.

Now if this was him putting himself in the shop window then he's not the sort of player I want in my team if he's not putting in 100% every week.

Bye bye!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 17, 2019, 07:26:25 pm by redarmy82 »
I think you'll find Andrew has a different story to that being peddled by the Free Press. And to those who don't believe me, I posted that he was leaving hours before it was official.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 17, 2019, 07:29:23 pm by vaya »
I think you'll find Andrew has a different story to that being peddled by the Free Press. And to those who don't believe me, I posted that he was leaving hours before it was official.

Think you're missing the zeitgeist on this one.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on June 17, 2019, 07:30:43 pm by graingrover »
The Free Press was quoting Grant not making it up.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 17, 2019, 07:31:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Which is...?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 17, 2019, 07:33:42 pm by RoversAlias »
Refreshingly pleased to see the views of most fans in this thread, and I agree with those saying it's no big loss. Bit of a shame as he did improve but nobody is bigger than the club and Andrew and his agent must think they are.

Only the usual suspects seem to be pouring negativity towards the club here.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 17, 2019, 07:34:11 pm by redarmy82 »

Which is...?

Isn't for me to dsay, but it is a million miles from what is being said by the club.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 17, 2019, 07:35:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Which is...?

Isn't for me to dsay, but it is a million miles from what is being said by the club.

Bore off then.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 17, 2019, 07:38:13 pm by redarmy82 »

Which is...?

Bore off then.

Couldn't give a f**k if you believe me or not. check my posts, the stuff i say is going to happen - happens. If people don't believe me, I couldn't care less.

It does amuse me that people buy every bit of crap that the club say.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 17, 2019, 07:40:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Which is...?

Bore off then.

Couldn't give a f**k if you believe me or not. check my posts, the stuff i say is going to happen - happens. If people don't believe me, I couldn't care less.

But we haven't heard any other story, so why shouldn't we believe it? All you're doing is saying you know something but not saying what it is. It's just tedious.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 17, 2019, 07:42:39 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Which is...?

Bore off then.

Let’s think then. Should we believe the club or should we believe an anonymous poster on a fans forum who seems to like nothing better than a hearty piece of cynicism?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 17, 2019, 07:42:46 pm by Retdon1 »
Apparently he’s signed for Fleetwood

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 17, 2019, 07:44:14 pm by Danmckay456 »
Wonder if we are in for Reece James at Sunderland ??

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 17, 2019, 07:46:24 pm by redarmy82 »
Andrew to Fleetwood

TinyPortal © 2005-2012