Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:08:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If McCann goes...  (Read 16160 times)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: If McCann goes...
« Reply #150 on June 20, 2019, 10:33:52 pm by Barmby Rover »
Mark Weaver, he knows the club!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on June 20, 2019, 10:34:35 pm by dickos1 »
Although it doesn’t really matter - if I read the DFP rightly the club will consult GM, thereby following. The rules SM refers to as well as being open and honest with GM himself..

That's exactly it IDM. If Hull make an official approach we have to tell GM about it. It's his choice whether he attends for an interview. We can't block him, stop him, put him on gardening leave (whatever that means) or refuse to cooperate.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2003/oct/17/newsstory.sport10

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on June 20, 2019, 10:36:29 pm by dickos1 »
Although it doesn’t really matter - if I read the DFP rightly the club will consult GM, thereby following. The rules SM refers to as well as being open and honest with GM himself..

Yes they’re bound to inform him but can then tell him they won’t allow it.
But it wouldn’t be the best idea desperately holding onto a manger that wanted to leave, it’s not quite the same as doing it with a player

They can't!!! How many more times do you have to be told. For f**ks sake!

Calm down 🙄

I’ve given many examples of it happening so if the rule states they can’t they it’s not enforced very well

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on June 20, 2019, 10:37:40 pm by silent majority »

Yes they’re bound to inform him but can then tell him they won’t allow it.
But it wouldn’t be the best idea desperately holding onto a manger that wanted to leave, it’s not quite the same as doing it with a player

They can't!!! How many more times do you have to be told. For f**ks sake!

Calm down 🙄

I’ve given many examples of it happening so if the rule states they can’t they it’s not enforced very well

No, you've given media reports. What's in the media doesn't necessarily (usually) hold true.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on June 20, 2019, 10:41:50 pm by dickos1 »
They’re media reports of things that happened,  pardew wasn’t allowed to speak to West Ham so resigned and then reading placed him on gardening leave.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on June 20, 2019, 11:37:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is all hypothetical and as our owners are reasonable men, they are unlikely to deny permission if McCann wanted to speak to Hull. Taking the other approach only creates other problems where no one comes out well. Respect works both ways.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on June 20, 2019, 11:39:10 pm by Filo »
This is all hypothetical and as our owners are reasonable men, they are unlikely to deny permission if McCann wanted to speak to Hull. Taking the other approach only creates other problems where no one comes out well. Respect works both ways.

Respect also means you don’t play hardball with players, dismantle a play off side and then promptly f**k off leavingus in the lurch

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on June 20, 2019, 11:41:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Who's dismantled a play off side?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on June 20, 2019, 11:44:59 pm by pib »

Respect also means you don’t play hardball with players, dismantle a play off side and then promptly f**k off leavingus in the lurch

C’mon Filo, it’s June. He’s been rebuilding the squad in good faith. You might not agree with his approach with contract negotiations but he can’t choose the timing of a good job offer from a recent ex-Premier League side.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on June 20, 2019, 11:45:56 pm by redarmy82 »

C’mon Filo, it’s June. He’s been rebuilding the squad in good faith. You might not agree with his approach with contract negotiations but he can’t choose the timing of a good job offer from a recent ex-Premier League side.

It just smacks of hypocrisy. I'm going to be gutted he's going. He was what we needed at the right time.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on June 20, 2019, 11:49:30 pm by pib »

It just smacks of hypocrisy. I'm going to be gutted he's going. He was what we needed at the right time.

I’m as gutted as anyone, but what’s he going to do? Not act in the best interests of DRFC while he is manager in case people see him as a hypocrite if he moves on to a better job himself?

People are getting far too emotional about it wanting to pull GM apart. He was doing and saying what he believed to be the right things for DRFC while he is/was our manager. Does that mean he can never leave the club? It’s a pathetic argument if you ask me.

I’m still hoping he’ll stay, in which case there would be egg on some faces on here.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on June 20, 2019, 11:50:13 pm by Filo »

Thats the thing, I agree with his approach, if he goes it will be the hypocrisy shown by him that wiil grate, he’s let Andrew, Morasi, Butler and Rowe go by playing hardball with them and now it seems he’s going to f**k off for more money and leave us in a far weaker position

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on June 20, 2019, 11:50:57 pm by no eyed deer »

Or could he have had enough of p!ssing into the wind and the board are negotiating the contracts, end up with second or third choice

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on June 20, 2019, 11:52:07 pm by pib »

Thats the thing, I agree with his approach, if he goes it will be the hypocrisy shown by him that wiil grate, he’s let Andrew, Morasi, Butler and Rowe go by playing hardball with them and now it seems he’s going to f**k off for more money and leave us in a far weaker position

So because he didn’t want to overpay on new contracts, that means he can never leave for another job? Gimme a break.

I think the prospect of being a Championship manager will be a greater factor than the money, too.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on June 20, 2019, 11:53:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't see the hypocrisy. McCann respects players who have genuine ambition. What irks him is players who are just looking for a pay day, sideways moves when there's limited prospects for those clubs  when he believes the better prospect would be with him as manager.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on June 21, 2019, 12:05:48 am by dickos1 »
That was just Andrew and we don’t know how good a contract it was.
He could’ve offered a better contract to butler,

The only thing that’s narking me is all the stuff he’s said in the press about only signing players who want to be here and then the first time another club shows some interest in him he’s off

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on June 21, 2019, 12:09:14 am by no eyed deer »
A lot of fans will feel let down by this, not only McCann, but the board need to take a long look in the mirror, as do some of the boards mouth pieces on here too

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on June 21, 2019, 12:09:47 am by redarmy82 »
It makes you wonder what Hull are offering him.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on June 21, 2019, 12:17:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
That was just Andrew and we don’t know how good a contract it was.
He could’ve offered a better contract to butler,

The only thing that’s narking me is all the stuff he’s said in the press about only signing players who want to be here and then the first time another club shows some interest in him he’s off

He was also talking about the Rotherham lad.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on June 21, 2019, 12:23:10 am by dickos1 »
He didn’t mention money regarding him though he just said when he met him he acted like he was doing us a favour and that he wasn’t really showing he wanted to sign for us

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on June 21, 2019, 12:54:32 am by redarmy82 »
It sounds like we won't be messing about with a replacement looking at Liam Hodens Tweet.

I do think we'd have to go with an experienced pair of hands, purely because of the position we'd be with players etc, rather than someone like Mccann this time. Just my opinion.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on June 21, 2019, 09:32:47 pm by RedRover »
It goes to show how much he was rated by the fans that he is still talked about now.

He achieved the clubs highest finish for over half a century and won a trophy, hardly surprising some remember him fondly!

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on June 21, 2019, 09:37:45 pm by RedRover »
Simon Grayson?

Now that is a great shout! It's no issue to me but he'd be likely to jump ship at the slightest interest from a bigger club though, unless he's learned from past experiences.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012