Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:02:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DFP article  (Read 4278 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: DFP article
« Reply #30 on June 21, 2019, 05:39:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
McCann would only be a hypocrite if he wanted away but stayed.

Nah, he's a hypocrite for stating that he wants players who want to run through brick walls for him and this football club and then upping and leaving us three days later at the first chance he gets, leaving us with half a squad because of his own hard-line stance on having committed players.

He wants people who want away to go. If he wants away and goes he'd be doing exactly what he wants others to, so not a hypocrite. He could be called lots of other things, but not that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 21, 2019, 05:40:05 pm by Campsall rover »
Lost the dressing room.????

How else do you explain why players are leaving en masse? Andy Butler is a Donny lad who lives local and even he couldn't be persuaded to stay! Despite what I said elsewhere it couldn't be entirely down to money or a longer contract as non of that can buy you the valuable time at home with your family that living really close to work can. Scunny is still an extra hour on his daily commute and there's a cost associated with that too which I'm not convinced would be covered by the extra amount Scunny woul've been able to afford to offer him over us. Makes you wonder or it does me anyway.

Did you read what Mandeville had to say about how GM treated him? The way he singled out Marquis and Whiteman without a thought for the impact his words would have on the rest of the squad and any any potential incoming players? In this weeks DFP there's blinder where GM is basically claiming to of turned Danny Andrew into the League 1 player he is today! That despite after just 4 games last season GM sitting down with Gavin Baldwin and telling him DA and Niall Mason needed replacing as they couldn't play the McCann way. FFS the bloke thinks he's the next coming, The Belfast Bielsa, the deluded crackpot!

I really want him to stay but I thought some of the stuff he's said about player salaries and moving people on or not bringing in if they arent 10,000% loyal to DRFC felt a bit naive. You need to make people feel like they're wanted. Hope he stays.

Thank f**k I'm not the only one!

The bloke can't keep his mouth shut, airing the clubs dirty laundry in public, embarrassing himself by talking to the press about 100% done deals which aren't signed and then players chooses to go somewhere else instead, bad mouthing departing players like a dumped bitter ex trying to persuade anyone that'll listen how he's better off without them, how he can and will do better etc. Never been a good look for attracting new players has it?

I for one will be glad to see the back of him as judging by the amount of players that have left the club since last season ended it looks like he'd lost the dressing room, which if you read any of the incredible amount of interviews with the local media he does isn't surprising.

Wow....... you're going to look silly if he stays

Why? The reality is he took a squad I and a lot of others felt were good enough to be up near the top of League One to up near to the top of League One, so when you look at it like that he did an alright job but when you read the endless interviews he gives to local media or to the club's website it's obvious at least to me that he has no idea how to deal with, talk to or about, treat and motivate people and that will catch up with him so if he stays we are heading for League Two with a disharmony within the squad that's not been seen since the McKay experiment.
What a load of tosh.
If he couldn’t motivate we wouldnt have finished 6th
Get real please.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 21, 2019, 05:41:04 pm by dickos1 »
But butler and Rowe didn’t want away, neither did Andrew if you listen to his side of the story

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 21, 2019, 06:20:33 pm by Jonathan »
Hypocrite or not, he has behaved without integrity.

This week he has supposedly been “working hard behind the scenes” to commit funds and bring players to the club. He has committed the club to signing two new players this week but he has very clearly been in talks with Hull prior to the announcement (as soon as the odds tumbled) negotiating what he sees as a more favourable deal with his agent. Swotting up for his interview at Hull. While we have been paying his wages and trusting him to act and behave in the best interests of our club. Actually I do think he has shown himself to be hypocritical, lacking commitment and most certainly lacking integrity.

Very very poor on his part, especially given the way in which he’s spoken about others. He has deceived the club that backed him, paid him, trusted him and gave him the chance to get his career going again.

He’s let us down, and leaves us in a poorer position than he found us, albeit after delivering a good season.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 21, 2019, 06:22:36 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Hypocrite or not, he has behaved without integrity.

This week he has supposedly been “working hard behind the scenes” to commit funds and bring players to the club. He has committed the club to signing two new players this week but he has very clearly been in talks with Hull prior to the announcement (as soon as the odds tumbled) negotiating what he sees as a more favourable deal with his agent. Swotting up for his interview at Hull. While we have been paying his wages and trusting him to act and behave in the best interests of our club. Actually I do think he has shown himself to be hypocritical, lacking commitment and most certainly lacking integrity.

Very very poor on his part, especially given the way in which he’s spoken about others. He has deceived the club that backed him, paid him, trusted him and gave him the chance to get his career going again.

He’s let us down, and leaves us in a poorer position than he found us, albeit after delivering a good season.
:that:

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 21, 2019, 06:32:14 pm by RedRover »
Lost the dressing room.????

How else do you explain why players are leaving en masse? Andy Butler is a Donny lad who lives local and even he couldn't be persuaded to stay! Despite what I said elsewhere it couldn't be entirely down to money or a longer contract as non of that can buy you the valuable time at home with your family that living really close to work can. Scunny is still an extra hour on his daily commute and there's a cost associated with that too which I'm not convinced would be covered by the extra amount Scunny woul've been able to afford to offer him over us. Makes you wonder or it does me anyway.

Did you read what Mandeville had to say about how GM treated him? The way he singled out Marquis and Whiteman without a thought for the impact his words would have on the rest of the squad and any any potential incoming players? In this weeks DFP there's blinder where GM is basically claiming to of turned Danny Andrew into the League 1 player he is today! That despite after just 4 games last season GM sitting down with Gavin Baldwin and telling him DA and Niall Mason needed replacing as they couldn't play the McCann way. FFS the bloke thinks he's the next coming, The Belfast Bielsa, the deluded crackpot!

I really want him to stay but I thought some of the stuff he's said about player salaries and moving people on or not bringing in if they arent 10,000% loyal to DRFC felt a bit naive. You need to make people feel like they're wanted. Hope he stays.

Thank f**k I'm not the only one!

The bloke can't keep his mouth shut, airing the clubs dirty laundry in public, embarrassing himself by talking to the press about 100% done deals which aren't signed and then players chooses to go somewhere else instead, bad mouthing departing players like a dumped bitter ex trying to persuade anyone that'll listen how he's better off without them, how he can and will do better etc. Never been a good look for attracting new players has it?

I for one will be glad to see the back of him as judging by the amount of players that have left the club since last season ended it looks like he'd lost the dressing room, which if you read any of the incredible amount of interviews with the local media he does isn't surprising.

Wow....... you're going to look silly if he stays

Why? The reality is he took a squad I and a lot of others felt were good enough to be up near the top of League One to up near to the top of League One, so when you look at it like that he did an alright job but when you read the endless interviews he gives to local media or to the club's website it's obvious at least to me that he has no idea how to deal with, talk to or about, treat and motivate people and that will catch up with him so if he stays we are heading for League Two with a disharmony within the squad that's not been seen since the McKay experiment.
What a load of tosh.
If he couldn’t motivate we wouldnt have finished 6th
Get real please.

And you probably think Liverpool's turnaround in Istanbul was because of something Rafa Benitez said at half time then? Or that Ranieri who couldn't win anything, anywhere else in his lengthy career was the master motivator behind Leicester City's Premier League win then? Nigel Pearson had more to do with that LCFC title than Claudio! Why do you think the players were behind his sacking which they clearly were by the way. Because they disliked the amount credit and adulation he was getting and felt it was undeserved.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012