Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:33:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cameroon  (Read 5179 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Cameroon
« on June 23, 2019, 08:01:23 pm by scawsby steve »
An absolute f*cking disgrace; should never be allowed anywhere near the Women's World Cup ever again.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Cameroon
« Reply #1 on June 23, 2019, 08:08:13 pm by the vicar »
What got me was they showed the incident on big screen, if we showed them things on our screen we would be for the high jump

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 23, 2019, 08:14:23 pm by adamtherover »
What happened?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 23, 2019, 08:17:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
They got off lightly. Could have easily been two sending off and a penalty. Good to see VAR serving justice but taking too long to get the decision.

Cameroon are so undisciplined, not unlike their male counterparts. I will do our girls good to face such a character building tie at this stage.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 23, 2019, 08:27:16 pm by 1879Rovers »
You couldn't write it. The VAR gives the correct decision on the two incidents against them and they have the audacity to claim it is racism.

They were lucky they never conceded a penalty and had a player sent off as well in the second half.

As well as Cameroon, the referee was a disgrace for not putting a stop to their antics.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 23, 2019, 08:33:52 pm by the vicar »
I think the ref never sent the player off or gave the penalty so they didn't have world war 3 on the pitch there should have also been a sending off for the blatant push twice on the referee but she was so weak

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 23, 2019, 08:58:52 pm by robchester »
Blatant penalty and clear red card

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 23, 2019, 09:03:24 pm by colfromdonny »
And the early elbow to the face of the England girl should have been a straight red!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 23, 2019, 09:06:52 pm by the vicar »
I think the England girls did exceptionally well to hold it together with all that went on

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 23, 2019, 09:10:04 pm by no eyed deer »
Their behaviour has a lot to do with the manager, all the more reason not to employ Steve Evans

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 23, 2019, 09:14:59 pm by dickos1 »
I agree
They were a disgrace, but offside by a shoe lace is going to ruin the game

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 23, 2019, 09:17:27 pm by VivaRovers »
The VAR gives the correct decision on the two incidents against them and they have the audacity to claim it is racism.

I'm not sure where this report of claims of racism started, but that's not true and it's unhelpful to reiterate it. There were claims that the decisions were the result of a bias, but not due to perceived racism.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 23, 2019, 09:20:02 pm by no eyed deer »
I agree

It was the spitting and eldow, but let your toe come off the line for a penalty!!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 23, 2019, 09:23:10 pm by drfchound »
The VAR gives the correct decision on the two incidents against them and they have the audacity to claim it is racism.

I'm not sure where this report of claims of racism started, but that's not true and it's unhelpful to reiterate it. There were claims that the decisions were the result of a bias, but not due to perceived racism.

The racism story was mentioned by the bbc commentator during the half time interval.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 23, 2019, 09:38:16 pm by RoversAlias »

Gabby Logan stated at half time that it had been reported they complained of racism in the tunnel after the incident at 2-0.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 23, 2019, 09:51:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Gabby Logan stated at half time that it had been reported they complained of racism in the tunnel after the incident at 2-0.

Aye. Typical chinky ref, kowtowing to the honkeys! :silly:

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 23, 2019, 10:00:05 pm by no eyed deer »

?????

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 23, 2019, 10:51:52 pm by RobTheRover »
Glyn, you aren't David Walliams and so can't get away with terrible racist jokes dressed up as comedy. Please think on, young man.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 23, 2019, 10:55:50 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Glyn, you aren't David Walliams and so can't get away with terrible racist jokes dressed up as comedy. Please think on, young man.

actually the biggest racists are "those" who play the "racist card" 

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 23, 2019, 11:02:58 pm by RedJ »

Mindblowing logic applied here.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 23, 2019, 11:06:03 pm by Dagenham Rover »

It was said by the commentators on tv at half time that it kicked off in the tunnel and Cameroon were accusing the officials of Racism 

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 23, 2019, 11:33:15 pm by the vicar »
I agree
but off side is off side no matter by how much

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 24, 2019, 12:05:13 am by dickos1 »
If the ref sees it I’d agree but to overturn goals because someone has a bigger foot than someone else is just a farce

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 24, 2019, 12:27:17 am by godlike1 »
If the ref sees it I’d agree but to overturn goals because someone has a bigger foot than someone else is just a farce

Eh? So how many times have we conceded a goal that's off side because the officials have missed it or its been too tight to call? This way (in the prem at least) it should make it more of a level playing field. When will any of this new tech ever make it down the leagues though?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 24, 2019, 01:16:13 am by scawsby steve »

Wow Mr Wiggerly; it looks like you've just blown all your credibility when accusing Johnson, Farage, and Trump of racism.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 24, 2019, 01:44:49 am by Glyn_Wigley »

That's exactly the point I was making. But looking back I agree I could have done it in a better way.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:48:51 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 24, 2019, 01:46:35 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Wow Mr Wiggerly; it looks like you've just blown all your credibility when accusing Johnson, Farage, and Trump of racism.

As I've never accused them of racism it doesn't say much for what little credibility you have, does it?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 24, 2019, 07:20:52 am by dickos1 »

Eh? So how many times have we conceded a goal that's off side because the officials have missed it or its been too tight to call? This way (in the prem at least) it should make it more of a level playing field. When will any of this new tech ever make it down the leagues though?

It will ruin the game,
Every time there’s a goal fans won’t cekebrate as they know someone could’ve been a millimetre offside somewhere.
The offside rule is to stop players getting an unfair advantage, a mm or a shoelace isn’t giving anyone an advantage.
Offside rule was always supposed to give the attacker the advantage if he’s level he’s on var is taking all the common sense out of football, like the goalkeeper at penalties during this women’s World Cup nothing short of a farce

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 24, 2019, 08:14:33 am by deebee »
See my post time to VAR the boot

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 24, 2019, 08:31:48 am by VivaRovers »

It was said by the commentators on tv at half time that it kicked off in the tunnel and Cameroon were accusing the officials of Racism 

Yes sorry, I could have been clearer. I meant I'm not sure where the commentators/presenters have drawn that from. All the post match coverage I've read said that this (calling racism) wasn't the case, and the commentators and presenters wouldn't have access to the tunnel at half-time. So I'm questioning their source rather than the folk on here reiterating it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012