Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:19:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe  (Read 6991 times)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
Tommy Rowe
« on June 26, 2019, 08:23:06 pm by Bessie Red »
On his way to Bristol City?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 09:01:18 pm by Bessie Red »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

German Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Tommy Rowe
« Reply #1 on June 26, 2019, 08:41:26 pm by German Rover »
He must have a good agent

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 26, 2019, 08:47:01 pm by mushRTID »
Good luck to him that’s a great move.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 26, 2019, 08:48:03 pm by Dare to dream! »

Or he is a class player and massively underrated by DRFC fans?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 26, 2019, 08:48:09 pm by DRNaith »
Amazing

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 26, 2019, 08:52:26 pm by GazLaz »
He’s got loads of quality. Good move for him and a low cost gamble for city.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 26, 2019, 08:55:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
Good player but not consistent in League One. Struggle to see how that will change in Championship.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 26, 2019, 08:56:47 pm by drfchound »
So despite missing that pen he is (so far) the only one of our players to make it to the Championship next season.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 26, 2019, 08:58:17 pm by Rovers91 »
Hows he pulled that f**ker off? Don't get me wrong hes a good player but at a team knocking on door of championship play offs no chance.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 26, 2019, 09:00:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
“Filling in at left-back”

Oh my word.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 26, 2019, 09:00:57 pm by coventryrover »
Hes a good player.   Dont understand the slagging.   Good luck to him

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 26, 2019, 09:03:18 pm by Bessie Red »
“Filling in at left-back”

Oh my word.
That's what I thought when I read it. I've put a question mark in my opening post after reading the article fully because as you can see it is mainly conjecture!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 26, 2019, 09:03:54 pm by drfchound »
For some reason most of the players that leave us get slagged off by our fans.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 26, 2019, 09:05:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
Nigh on every post has praised him as a good player. Him going to a play off seeking Championship side is more than a little surprising.

Ziggazaggarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 26, 2019, 09:09:47 pm by Ziggazaggarover »
Great player and servant to drfc , good look to him , treated poorly last 6 months by club and fans , will be missed , clubs going down hill rapidly

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 26, 2019, 09:12:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Ok.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 26, 2019, 09:17:43 pm by RoversAlias »
If you have to lower yourself to insulting someone with an abhorrent term then you have already lost the argument, ZiggaZagga.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 26, 2019, 09:20:59 pm by the vicar »
I would have slapped money on him going to Peterborough, but great move for him, GM dint appreciate what he had but it looks like it was an assassination job he was doing

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 26, 2019, 10:02:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, Lord knows I've been wrong on player judgements before, but this makes absolutely no sense. I'll be amazed if he makes more that half a dozen league starts there.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 26, 2019, 10:19:08 pm by idler »
I think that most Rovers fans concerns were about his fitness. His form like most could be up and down but also played out of position a lot.
Good luck to him and I hope that he's happy there.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 26, 2019, 10:20:56 pm by Draytonian III »
If he gets a 2 year contract at say £5k a week he could be set for life,as there’s no transfer fee to pay , then in 2 years time if he’s still fit and played a few games he could get another deal at a  league 2 club, just a thought

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 26, 2019, 10:27:09 pm by Paul Simpson »
As you rightly pointed out idler Rowe is a great player but unfortunately rather injury prone . An expensive player to keep fit . Good luck to Tommy though he is quality when fit and up to speed!! Bit like Baudry in quality imo but similar injury issues ?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 26, 2019, 10:28:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't see any slagging either unless you deem that an opinion of him being inconsistent is that.

At times he was great. At times he was anonymous. At the end of the day I and others were of the opinion he wasn't worth an improved contract. Moreover, the club clearly felt the same and he exercised his option not to stay.

Indeed, good luck to him.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 26, 2019, 10:41:49 pm by since-1969 »

Or he is a class player and massively underrated by DRFC fans?
No he has a very good agent , one that can sell a player who spent quiet a lot of career in the treatment room .

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 27, 2019, 05:43:32 am by steve@dcfd »
Where ever Tommy goes good luck to him. Even though GM decided not to play him when clearly fit he forced himself back in the side. His goals per minutes played was the best of all our midfield players. He as still not been replaced in the present squad so let’s hope the new manager can do that. I believe GM thought he’d got his replacement with Newell and that fell through by then he’d allowed Tommy to go.

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 27, 2019, 03:58:53 pm by Fur Calf »
When assessing whether you want to offer a player a new contract or not you base that decision on his effectiveness for the team and his recent displays, which in Rowe's case have been poor except for 2 or 3 performances. Added to the fact he never looked fit, carrying too much timber and was injury prone then you can understand McCann's decision. Based on the above, I can't understand Bristol's decision to sign him unless they have got him as back-up and on the cheap Championship wise.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 27, 2019, 06:19:08 pm by Barmby Rover »
I have no problems with our players moving on, they want more money for showing a great performance in the previous season, admired by other clubs. It seems that Rovers don't want to pay what they wanted, so they have moved on to bigger and better things according to their agents. If Bristol City have hit the right notes, and he thinks he can get into the team, then he has made a good choice, good luck to him.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 27, 2019, 06:42:12 pm by Jonathan »
Where Rowe ends up now is fairly irrelevant to his departure from us. I don’t feel he’s performed at Championship standard, but good luck to him if that’s where he goes - it would be a great move for him.

In terms of the impact on our team and squad, I’m much more disappointed by the decision not to offer acceptable terms to Butler, and he’s ended up a league below. This is why I feel the destination is a misleading barometer.

Hindsight is easy, but had we known that we wouldn’t get Downing then we should have kept Butler. And had we known that McCann would walk out then we should ideally have kept Butler. His leadership would’ve been vital to steadying the ship around the first team picture. In fact I suspect he’d have been in temporary charge now.

What a shame. I backed the basis of decisions taken by McCann at the time. It turns out that faith was misplaced.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
On his way to Bristol City?

there must be something dodgy in the bristol water (maybe they have diluted it) they've just given the bloke  "who picks up the managers wages every week an extension" meaning unlikely to sack him this year  :crying: :crying: :crying:

May 23 2019 "Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson has signed a new four-year contract, extending his stay at Ashton Gate until 2023."

funny old world ... they couldn't afford to sack him a while ago  and once again they can't. Remember heckingbottom took over seamlessly when he left Barnsley (and some of em wanted rid)

"Bristol City

On 6 February 2016, Johnson was appointed as the new manager of relegation-threatened Championship club Bristol City, signing onto a three-and-a-half-year deal, after an undisclosed compensation fee was agreed between the Robins and Barnsley.[30] Under Johnson's management, Bristol went on to record several victories during their sixteen games in the league, eventually finishing a comfortable twelve points above the relegation zone in eighteenth place.[33] Despite the loan signing of Tammy Abraham, who scored 26 goals for the club in the 2016–17 season, Bristol remained in the relegation dogfight until the penultimate game of the season,[34] eventually finishing three points above the relegation zone in seventeenth place, a minor improvement of their previous season's finish.[35]

Despite fans demanding for Johnson to be dismissed, he remained as Bristol manager ahead of the 2017–18 season"

perhaps TR makes a good cup of tea ?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:10:33 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012