Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:05:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe  (Read 7057 times)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Re: Tommy Rowe
« Reply #30 on July 01, 2019, 03:51:34 pm by rtid88 »
Confirmed he has signed for Bristol City....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 01, 2019, 03:54:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
Well done Tommy best minutes per goal midfield player neglected by GM when fit. Forced his way back in. GM’s value of him was wrong but we could not afford to keep him the way GM wanted to share across the squad. Let’s hope the new manager can find a better replacement, for a side aiming again for promotion.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:57:12 pm by steve@dcfd »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 01, 2019, 03:57:47 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Confirmed he has signed for Bristol City....
two year deal as in one and another one :clapping: Can I have  £1 on him being loaned to Bristol Rovers please

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 01, 2019, 04:01:25 pm by roversdude »
Best of luck to him

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 01, 2019, 04:25:29 pm by Jonathan »
Well done Tommy best minutes per goal midfield player neglected by GM when fit. Forced his way back in. GM’s value of him was wrong but we could not afford to keep him the way GM wanted to share across the squad. Let’s hope the new manager can find a better replacement, for a side aiming again for promotion.

I thought we looked a better team for the parts of the season when he wasn’t in it. Whiteman, Kane and Crawford or Blair were more effective. Rowe seemed to struggle with the tempo a lot of the time. I can see the logic in McCann’s decision. More disappointed with the Butler one.

Overall Rowe has been good for us, though. And like you say he has a great left foot that always makes him a goal threat. I liked him coming off the bench for that.

Bristol City is a great move for him. We’ll need to get someone else in once we get a manager in place.

Hopefully we challenge for promotion, Steve, as I know you’ll be highly delighted if we do.

jm291

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 01, 2019, 04:29:53 pm by jm291 »
Great move for him, what an agent he has getting him a 2 year deal too! Can't see him playing much but nice way to finish your last few years as a top level pro.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 01, 2019, 04:37:01 pm by Lesonthewest »
Great move for him, disappointed in his overall contribution to be honest, good luck to him.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 01, 2019, 04:41:23 pm by goalkick »
Crawfordbworks hard but little light weight.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 01, 2019, 04:52:20 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
He'll have to work really hard in that divison when he's on the pitch to hold down a place he won't even be one of the more talented players at Bristol so other areas of his game become more important. As pretty much everyone has said he's ability wise one of the better players in the divison but we didn't see it enough.

For what it's worth under GM i thought he's be better played in the front three in a similar way to copps. That's where rowe was good in the attacking third so worth giving him more time there.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 01, 2019, 05:13:13 pm by steve@dcfd »

Hopefully we challenge for promotion, Steve, as I know you’ll be highly delighted if we do.

Yes I would be and so would GB because he says after the new manager is appointed that will the aim again this season.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-high-calibre-of-names-express-interest-in-managers-job-277585

Like you Jon I’m disappointed with the allowing Butler to leave, 1year contract, that’s what  he got at Scunthorpe. He’s a leader plays well at league 1 level. Like Tommy let’s hope their replacements are better than them.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 05:24:37 pm by steve@dcfd »

SouthStandFan

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 01, 2019, 05:18:52 pm by SouthStandFan »
I spoke to Rowe briefly right before the playoff game and he came across like a nice guy. He will be chasing the money in the final few years of his career, fair play to him.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 01, 2019, 09:10:33 pm by BigH »
I like Rowe as a player. He's been good for us in his time here and if there was one player who didn't deserve to go down in Ferguson's first season it was him.

But, for all the quality, he wasn't available to start enough games last season. He's 30 and he'll have been one of the bigger earners. I'm happy that both him and us move on.

Pleased that he's sorted himself out with a decent club and glad that he's not followed his old boss to Peterborough; you just know he would have scored against us if he had.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 01, 2019, 09:15:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
None of us know this of course, so this is mere supposition - but given he has signed for a leading Championship club, it could be that his wage demands were indeed unrealistic for a League One club like us....

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 01, 2019, 09:20:16 pm by NickDRFC »
In many games that Rowe played for us he was brilliant, none more so than his last ever game for us. But in just as many he was anonymous. If he’d resigned for us he would have been our top earner, and for me his output wouldn’t justify the outlay. BigH has it exactly right, it was the right time for both parties to move on.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 02, 2019, 05:11:20 pm by Ldr »

Chose not to meet his contract demands does not necessarily equal could not afford to keep him but why let truth get in the way of a hissy fit 🤣

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 02, 2019, 05:16:17 pm by steve@dcfd »

Chose not to meet his contract demands does not necessarily equal could not afford to keep him but why let truth get in the way of a hissy fit 🤣

It not a hissy fit. I wrote GM wanted to share across the group so could not afford to keep him on his wage demands. By the way the hissy fit was thrown by GM when he thought he got Newell to replace Tommy and he went elsewhere on more money. Or just like GM did.
It really does matter it’s whether we can get a better replacement now on what ever wages are available.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:36:07 pm by steve@dcfd »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 02, 2019, 05:29:52 pm by IDM »
It doesn’t mean we couldn’t afford him at all, more we chose not to meet his demands.?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 02, 2019, 05:31:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
Let’s hope we can meet the demands of a better player who will replace him that’s what counts now.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 02, 2019, 06:43:50 pm by Jonathan »
Let’s hope we can meet the demands of a better player who will replace him that’s what counts now.

I see no reason at all why we can’t.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012