Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:13:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: malic wilks  (Read 11992 times)

Tortuga

• VSC Member
Re: malic wilks
« Reply #30 on June 27, 2019, 10:39:16 am by Tortuga »
I would have thought if The Weeds wingers transfer to Spurs goes through Malik Wilks would be the shoe in to take his place, if he passes his audition at Wetherby  and pre season training that is.

I think it’s very likely Spurs will loan him straight back.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 27, 2019, 11:27:20 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
So Rowe and Wilks now made it to the Championship.
and people said Rowe was not good enough just shows what they know lol

Once again you misinterpret what you read. What people have said, given his talent, was his inconsistency and his injury concerns.

Now please don't tell me he was on par with Whiteman, Marquis, Copps, Blair, Butler, Kane etc when it comes to putting themselves on the line week in, week out!?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 27, 2019, 12:12:43 pm by Drover »
Very surprising if he's coming to us on loan as we've moved away from recruiting players in this manner .

Possibility that we are buying him as we've a decent budget this season , by our standards at least .

With the sale of Lindsay to Stoke the other day and the club stating the money will be go into the budget Stendel has £8m given £6m was already made available .

I suspect we will hold some back for January but he's attainable if he's not wanting ridiculous terms , he will get a four year deal too .

That said the court case may have a bearing on the loan and possibly why we may only commit to one year with a view to buying him should he walk free .

Funny one is this and some legs in the story as we've known for a few weeks over here that he's a target and Stendel is an admirer of the lad .

Or,I think it may simply be,Leeds understandably,don't want to sell yet?Like I said on another thread,Leeds next logical step for him would be a loan to another championship club,but got shot down by graingrover and hound.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 27, 2019, 12:40:33 pm by drfchound »
Very surprising if he's coming to us on loan as we've moved away from recruiting players in this manner .

Possibility that we are buying him as we've a decent budget this season , by our standards at least .

With the sale of Lindsay to Stoke the other day and the club stating the money will be go into the budget Stendel has £8m given £6m was already made available .

I suspect we will hold some back for January but he's attainable if he's not wanting ridiculous terms , he will get a four year deal too .

That said the court case may have a bearing on the loan and possibly why we may only commit to one year with a view to buying him should he walk free .

Funny one is this and some legs in the story as we've known for a few weeks over here that he's a target and Stendel is an admirer of the lad .

Or,I think it may simply be,Leeds understandably,don't want to sell yet?Like I said on another thread,Leeds next logical step for him would be a loan to another championship club,but got shot down by graingrover and hound.

Drover, you seem very sensitive.
I didn’t shoot you down at all.
All I said was that it would turn out to be bad business if his goals got his new team promoted ahead of Leeds (or words to that effect).
I never said that a loan to another Championship club wouldn’t be a logical step, in fact I agree with you.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:35:21 pm by drfchound »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 27, 2019, 05:38:45 pm by tyke1962 »
Hearing over here that Leeds HC Bielsa has told Malik Wilks and young defender Halme that they are not in his plans and they can both leave .

We are pursuing both lads , whether it comes off is another matter of course .

https://the72.co.uk/136479/barnsley-chase-two-leeds-united-men/

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 27, 2019, 06:30:40 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Rowe, Wilks and, so I heard, McCann. One more to go I reckon.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 27, 2019, 06:37:38 pm by drfchound »

Hope it is only one more.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 27, 2019, 06:50:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Hope it is only one more.
As in Herbie of course.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 27, 2019, 06:58:25 pm by drfchound »
Of course.   :thumbsup:

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 27, 2019, 07:10:20 pm by Bezza »
Very unlikely Malik would want to sign permanently for Barnsley , best they can hope for is a one season loan.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 27, 2019, 07:12:02 pm by drfchound »
I wonder whether we could get him to sign for us if JM does leave, using some of the transfer money of course.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 27, 2019, 07:13:08 pm by Bezza »
Very unlikely Malik would sign permanently for Barnsley, more likely a one season loan.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 27, 2019, 07:22:19 pm by tyke1962 »
Very unlikely Malik would want to sign permanently for Barnsley , best they can hope for is a one season loan.

Well you say that but Malik is unproven above League One and he comes with some risk should he sign for us .

Happy to give the lad a go don't get me wrong but he's proved nowt yet in the championship .

Barnsley Fan

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 27, 2019, 07:33:04 pm by Barnsley Fan »
It's been a mystery to me for many years why Barnsley, a much smaller town than Donny, with the same coal mining history, should have a bigger football club, with a bigger stadium, bigger budget, and bigger fan base.

I just don't get it. It's as though the people of Donny just want a racecourse and plenty of pubs and clubs.

Barnsley and Doncaster are miles apart.

Doncaster is a mess. No player would ever choose Doncaster over Barnsley.

Home Attendance, awful,
Away attendance awful.
That set of lego you call a stadium

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 27, 2019, 08:04:28 pm by idler »
It's been a mystery to me for many years why Barnsley, a much smaller town than Donny, with the same coal mining history, should have a bigger football club, with a bigger stadium, bigger budget, and bigger fan base.

I just don't get it. It's as though the people of Donny just want a racecourse and plenty of pubs and clubs.

Home Attendance, awful,
Away attendance awful.
Fans' intelligence excepting tyke far greater.😉

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 27, 2019, 08:46:09 pm by Bezza »
Barnsley fan, had forgotten how nice Barnsley is and what a super stadium you have.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 27, 2019, 08:50:51 pm by drfchound »
Barnsley fan, had forgotten how nice Barnsley is and what a super stadium you have.

Yep, when Kendray is the best part of town then you know how bad the rest of it is,

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 27, 2019, 08:54:33 pm by roversdude »
I think tyke1962 must have moved to Barnsley as he is far too intellectual compared to the other residents lol

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 27, 2019, 09:09:53 pm by Bezza »
I think Barnsley fan is from Thurnscoe and is not sure who he supports.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 27, 2019, 10:23:01 pm by Campsall rover »
I think tyke1962 must have moved to Barnsley as he is far too intellectual compared to the other residents lol
Tyke1962 is a Donny lad but fell into unscrupulous hands as a teenager and was mis guided into supporting that lot at Oakwell.
That’s the only plausible answer to his intelligence he shows with all his posts on our forum & the kind comments he makes about our club.
Couldn’t possibly be from Barnsley as you only need to read what that idiot spouts, the one who is obviously from Barnsley.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 27, 2019, 10:39:47 pm by Michael Shaw »

SS,  I couldn't agree more. Baffling. Why can't we be as successful?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 27, 2019, 10:48:08 pm by IDM »
Come on, you know football just doesn’t work like that..

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 27, 2019, 10:55:11 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Home Attendance, awful,
Away attendance awful.

You’re back! Just when we needed a laugh you appear like the shop keeper in Mr Benn!! Brilliant stuff, can’t wait to see what other gems creep out of your mouth!

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 28, 2019, 08:13:00 am by tommy toes »
In the sixties Donny and Barnsley were on a par with similar attendances.
We lost a generation of support by being rubbish for 20 years while Barnsley thrived and even made the prem. They've kept  residual support while we've had to slowly build it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 28, 2019, 08:23:25 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
To be fair, if Bielsa has no plans for Wilks, then he would jump at the chance to sign for Barnsley.

Barnsley need to continue his development. He's not the finished article, naive at times, too selfish at times, too reliant on his left foot even for simple passes, volatile at times too. Fans could easily loose patience with him. But, on his day, he is explosive and unplayable.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 28, 2019, 08:36:04 am by NickDRFC »
Say what you like about Barnsley but it seems to be a good place to develop as a young player and get a move to a bigger club. Over the last 5-6 years they’ve sold a couple of players to Everton, a couple to Villa and one to (then PL) Swansea.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 28, 2019, 08:43:32 am by Jim Dobbin »
£26 million pound profit on 6 defenders, 3 from the academy. Contributed to them posting a profit of £12.8m last accounts according to that finance guy on twitter. 

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 28, 2019, 10:07:38 am by NickDRFC »
£26 million pound profit on 6 defenders, 3 from the academy. Contributed to them posting a profit of £12.8m last accounts according to that finance guy on twitter. 

They posted a small loss in their last set of accounts (year ended May 18). Might have been the year before though with Mawson and the lads who went to Villa.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 28, 2019, 10:35:07 am by Jim Dobbin »

They posted a small loss in their last set of accounts (year ended May 18). Might have been the year before though with Mawson and the lads who went to Villa.

Yes, he was analysing a year behind, 500k or something they lost due to relegation on their last accounts, don't think they sold anyone of any insignificance during that period.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 28, 2019, 06:21:40 pm by tyke1962 »

What many people don't realise is that the club draws many many fans from outside the borough of Barnsley .

Wakefield , Castleford , Pontefract and Normanton from that neck of the woods .

Clayton West , Scissett , Denby Dale and Skelmanthorpe going towards Huddersfield .

Goldthorpe and Thurnscoe to the east along with Wath upon Dearne .

There's also significant support drawn from the Penistone area and the surrounding villages .

It's a huge catchment area , many of us actually feel we should be pulling in more and we feel an average attendance of 18k in the championship is attainable given fair wind .

It's something I'd like to see the club address and grow the support further , the numbers are out there .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012