Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 09:24:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hypocrisy  (Read 6277 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Hypocrisy
« on June 27, 2019, 10:15:59 am by phil old leake »
I’m amazed sometimes by the level of double standards by some of our forum members

Going berserk when Hull approach the club and McCann leaves. Then it’s ok for our club to go looking at and potentially poaching managers at other clubs

That’s the way football is and always will be.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on June 27, 2019, 10:33:43 am by DonnyOsmond »
I’m amazed sometimes by the level of double standards by some of our forum members

Going berserk when Hull approach the club and McCann leaves. Then it’s ok for our club to go looking at and potentially poaching managers at other clubs

That’s the way football is and always will be.

I don't think anyone had a problem with Hull. The problem was with McCann and the comments he's made and the state he left us in.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 27, 2019, 10:36:27 am by Metalmicky »
There is a similar number prepared to jump to conclusions... :whistle:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 27, 2019, 10:43:29 am by RoversAlias »
You've missed the point then Phil, based on this post. What we are aggrieved by is McCann preaching loyalty over and over again to justify ditching half of our first team squad, then upping and leaving as soon as the first offer comes along. He couldn't get out of Doncaster fast enough once Hull came knocking. And it's left us in a big predicament with having half a squad and no manager at the start of pre-season.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 27, 2019, 10:46:29 am by wing commander »
  When you support a lower league club like ours, then you have to accept that as soon as players/managers show promise there will always be a big piranha circling to take them off you...

Fact is we are just not used to it, because lets be honest it's been quite a while since we had anybody good enough to attract serious attention..

Players/managers say the right words in the press but reality is they are not from Doncaster,they don't support Doncaster and to them it's a job the same as ours are to us...
 GM's problem was he didn't say the right words,he dropped himself in it and we believed him and we are mad that he's turned out to be like all the rest...

Rovers obviously have a code of conduct on these things,and like SM says is well respected across Football..The moral high ground however doesn't always pay off in a sea of sharks, and I for one have no problem with doing the same to someone else as has been done to us but that's just my opinion...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 27, 2019, 11:19:22 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't see any hypocrisy either! We know how football works. We've been victim and beneficiary before and will again.

Some fans feel aggrieved as they interpreted McCann's comments as hypocritical where as I believe he was commenting about footballers just wanting a pay day and not really caring where they end up rather than showing genuine ambition to step up.

You could argue the merit of his ambition and the timing for sure.

As said above, nobody has had a go at Hull for making the approach.

Also, who have we approached? Take the press talk with a pinch of salt.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 27, 2019, 11:25:39 am by the vicar »
so what conclusions can anyone jump to. Did he not get rid or make it difficult for some to stay then leave us for as he sees it sunnier claims in a worse state than he found us
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 11:34:46 am by the vicar »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 27, 2019, 11:49:42 am by drfchound »
I don't see any hypocrisy either! We know how football works. We've been victim and beneficiary before and will again.

Some fans feel aggrieved as they interpreted McCann's comments as hypocritical where as I believe he was commenting about footballers just wanting a pay day and not really caring where they end up rather than showing genuine ambition to step up.

What is wrong with footballers wanting to get the best deal they can for themselves.
Isn’t  that what people do when they go to work.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:42:22 pm by drfchound »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 27, 2019, 12:05:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. A manager has to decide whether a player is worth keeping and at what cost.

What is wrong with footballers wanting to get the best deal they can for themselves.
Isn5 that what people do when they go to work.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 27, 2019, 12:52:49 pm by the vicar »

Isn’t  that what people do when they go to work.
as I said earlier it's not him leaving that has bothered me, it's the way he did it

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 27, 2019, 02:59:24 pm by Metalmicky »
so what conclusions can anyone jump to. Did he not get rid or make it difficult for some to stay then leave us for as he sees it sunnier claims in a worse state than he found us

I have no clue what you are trying to say.... :s

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 27, 2019, 03:04:59 pm by the vicar »

I have no clue what you are trying to say.... :s
did you not say some was jumping to conclusions

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 28, 2019, 01:34:28 pm by Avsuptem »
Dismay at Grant Mc Cann exiting so readily is a natural and understandable reaction for DRFC fans to have. Whether or not this constitutes hypocrisy is another question. In my opinion what would constitute hypocrisy, if it was the case, would be the Board telling fans that the club is committed to destination Championship whilst at the same time reducing the playing budget. In such a case it would be unreasonable to expect G. McC turn down a good job offer. And if this is the case we should respect him for not shouting about it.  Forgive me for voicing the bleedin obvious but it is abundantly evident that there is a recurring theme here. Losing 2 managers in a year both of whom left of their own volition is unlikely to be a coincidence.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 28, 2019, 01:53:02 pm by IDM »
b*llocks.. the managers left for different reasons.

Can’t we look ahead and focus on supporting the team and the new manager, whoever that may be.??

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 28, 2019, 01:56:23 pm by silent majority »
Dismay at Grant Mc Cann exiting so readily is a natural and understandable reaction for DRFC fans to have. Whether or not this constitutes hypocrisy is another question. In my opinion what would constitute hypocrisy, if it was the case, would be the Board telling fans that the club is committed to destination Championship whilst at the same time reducing the playing budget. In such a case it would be unreasonable to expect G. McC turn down a good job offer. And if this is the case we should respect him for not shouting about it.  Forgive me for voicing the bleedin obvious but it is abundantly evident that there is a recurring theme here. Losing 2 managers in a year both of whom left of their own volition is unlikely to be a coincidence.

Why don't you take a look at the accounts that the club produce each year which shows the income and expenditure?

If you were to do such a logical thing you'd soon realise that you're talking out the back of your head.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 28, 2019, 05:37:09 pm by Avsuptem »

Why don't you take a look at the accounts that the club produce each year which shows the income and expenditure?

If you were to do such a logical thing you'd soon realise that you're talking out the back of your head.

In answer to your question I don't think the accounts for the next year are published yet and I doubt that any accounts that are already published clearly  identify the amount of money allocated for the playing budget. A simple way to resolve this question would be to ask for a clear answer at one of the meet the owners meetings.

I am not sure how you can accuse someone of talking out of the back of their head when they have simply raised a point in speculation. But, hey, that is this forum all over as soon as anybody states an opinion some one else responds with insulting language.

donyderek

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 01, 2019, 12:38:09 pm by donyderek »
This has been an interesting thread the guy whose thread finished
'Forgive me for voicing the bleedin obvious but it is abundantly evident that there is a recurring theme here. Losing 2 managers in a year both of whom left of their own volition is unlikely to be a coincidence.'
Is in my opinion spot on.
Fergy was welcomed by the board who sold DRFC as an ambitious club, our goal is sustainable championship football, 2years later budgets were not available for further development, making it very difficult to get out of div 1. which prompted Fergies out burst 'I don't want to be a div 1 manager. He left.
In came McCann got DRFC within a penalty kick of a Wembley final.
Once again money isn't available to keep the squad together or build on the success of that team. Both managers left for exactly the same reason THEY DIDNT WANT A LIFE IN DIV 1. Fergie saw it McCann saw it. After all the hype coming from the board DRFC is because of finanicial restrictions a Division one side. And will stay there for the considerable future.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 01, 2019, 12:42:49 pm by IDM »
Managers’ ambitions do not necessarily mean the club doesn’t have them.

Prove your assertions on budgets with facts please.!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 01, 2019, 12:52:35 pm by Canadian Rover »
Ferguson left because he threw his toys out..and ended up finishing lower than the Rovers. The snake will be fired by Hull by Christmas and begging for a league one job IMO.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 01, 2019, 01:05:55 pm by Barmby Rover »
Ferguson left because he threw his toys out..and ended up finishing lower than the Rovers. The snake will be fired by Hull by Christmas and begging for a league one job IMO.
That was my first reaction, Hull do not have the greatest of reputations in treating their managers well, I suspect that GM will be looking for employment again come Xmas. Good luck to him, I wouldn't welcome him as a manager after leaving such a mess for anybody else to pick up, he walked into an all but built squad, doubt he would be able to do it elsewhere, managers are not given time in the Championship to build anything.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 01, 2019, 01:18:39 pm by RoversAlias »
Not one single fact in that post by donyderek.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 01, 2019, 01:51:49 pm by Filo »

When did facts become important 😂

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 01, 2019, 02:07:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

When did facts become important 😂

So true. The bottom line is we all use footy as a way of chucking out our visceral dirt, why waste this particular golden opportunity? I'd like to hear more random disgust, hate, fury, and twisted scorn on our club, go boys!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 02:09:52 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 01, 2019, 04:00:47 pm by roversdude »
So Ferguson left because he didn’t want League One only to join a ...,.,.League One team
McCann didn’t even spend what he had available previously

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 01, 2019, 07:15:05 pm by dickos1 »
The new manager should have more money to spend this summer than any previous manager has had since sod.
McCann said he didn’t spend all his budget and we’ve now recouped a small fortune releasing players and loans going back.
We should surely be seeing an influx of very good signings for this level once the manager has been appointed

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 01, 2019, 07:28:48 pm by silent majority »
DF complained about the budget because he covered up his own shortcomings by blaming the club. A top 6 budget is exceptionally good for a club of our size, and with our level of support. It certainly means we can punch above our station.

Grant never complained about the budget, he even stated it was more than he needed. Yet some posters like to put 2 & 2 together, and get anything other than 4,  in a vain attempt to support their own deluded and inaccurate ramblings.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 01, 2019, 07:31:58 pm by dickos1 »
At the time we were told him leaving was nothing to do with the budget though? And he never moaned about the budget in public

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 01, 2019, 07:33:07 pm by silent majority »
At the time we were told him leaving was nothing to do with the budget though? And he never moaned about the budget in public

Where have I said that he left because of the budget?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 01, 2019, 07:34:53 pm by dickos1 »
You did say he complained about the budget, but this hasn’t been in the public domain.
When he left it was just spoken widely that it was because of the budget but this was denied

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 01, 2019, 07:43:20 pm by silent majority »
You did say he complained about the budget, but this hasn’t been in the public domain.
When he left it was just spoken widely that it was because of the budget but this was denied

It was in the public domain, he spoke to the Free Press and they mentioned it.

But read what I've written. He complained about the budget when he had no right to, he was well supported by the club, he was given just about everything he asked for. That doesn't mean he left because of the budget, so don't try to spin that one.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012