Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:50:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Any rumours  (Read 7518 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Any rumours
« on June 28, 2019, 12:37:23 pm by phil old leake »
Has there been any rumours about the amount of actual applicants for the managers job

I know the club are saying a lot of interest but was wondering how that reflected with regard to applicants

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Any rumours
« Reply #1 on June 28, 2019, 12:39:38 pm by Nudga »
Leaky Phil desperate for news.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 28, 2019, 12:44:34 pm by RobTheRover »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 28, 2019, 01:17:34 pm by the vicar »
It will probably be a cheaper option.  gun me down if you like, water off a ducks back but we usually do that as they have a budget to stick to

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 28, 2019, 01:59:33 pm by steve@dcfd »
Any rumours about the phantom list of players that GM and GB we working on to get signed before he left?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 28, 2019, 02:01:30 pm by silent majority »
Any rumours about the phantom list of players that GM and GB we working on to get signed before he left?

Why is it a phantom list?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 28, 2019, 02:08:45 pm by no eyed deer »

Could it be there isn't a manager to sign the players ?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 28, 2019, 02:09:29 pm by glosterred »
Another has made himself available

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48800839

COYR

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 28, 2019, 02:38:00 pm by MachoMadness »
Here's a rumour: Arsene Wenger is interested. Source: me, I just made it up.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 28, 2019, 02:39:21 pm by steve@dcfd »

We’ll see when the new manager signs if players are quickly available that’s if he wants them.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 28, 2019, 02:43:57 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Has there been any rumours about the amount of actual applicants for the managers job

I know the club are saying a lot of interest but was wondering how that reflected with regard to applicants

See the VSC “Rumour Mill”! 😀

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 28, 2019, 02:49:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It will probably be a cheaper option.  gun me down if you like, water off a ducks back but we usually do that as they have a budget to stick to

I'm not going to shoot you down but just curious as to who you think was a cheap option previously and how would you know who's cheap and who isn't?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 28, 2019, 02:54:29 pm by Jonathan »

We’ll see when the new manager signs if players are quickly available that’s if he wants them.

Honestly Steve, would you expect the club to be pressing ahead with signing McCann’s targets right now? I definitely wouldn’t. I cannot see why you would imply that the list didn’t exist, or why we would be working through it and further committing the budget before we’ve recruited a manager. If there’s one positive to be taken from the position McCann left us in it’s that most of the budget to strengthen the squad should still be available.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 28, 2019, 02:56:39 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Billy Russell had the best hand writing

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 28, 2019, 03:08:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Honestly Steve, would you expect the club to be pressing ahead with signing McCann’s targets right now? I definitely wouldn’t. I cannot see why you would imply that the list didn’t exist, or why we would be working through it and further committing the budget before we’ve recruited a manager. If there’s one positive to be taken from the position McCann left us in it’s that most of the budget to strengthen the squad should still be available.

It also gives the new manager a pretty clean slate to build largely his own team.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 28, 2019, 03:42:36 pm by silent majority »

Well you didn't really answer my question.

By calling it a phantom list you insinuate there wasn't one at all. But there was, and it now makes sense to hold off on signing those players until the new manager is in place. He should have his own ideas and players, which will affect discussions which have already taken place.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 28, 2019, 03:42:46 pm by Campsall rover »
What is the cheap option and please tell me who the candidates are that fall into that category Dave.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 28, 2019, 03:49:21 pm by the vicar »

I'm not going to shoot you down but just curious as to who you think was a cheap option previously and how would you know who's cheap and who isn't?
I don't think Ferguson or McCann would have cost the earth

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 28, 2019, 03:50:44 pm by Copps is Magic »
The only sort of rumour that's got any credence is the Robinson one, and that didn't come out from our side.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 28, 2019, 03:51:37 pm by RoversAlias »
You don't think Darren Ferguson, who has spent the bulk of his managerial career in this division and above, would have cost much?

Never close to being the cheap option. To be honest we could actually appoint Arsene Wenger or Jose Mourinho to the post and some would probably still say it was the bloody "cheap option".

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 28, 2019, 03:53:12 pm by silent majority »

As a club we pay well above the average for this division. We can never be accused of taking the cheap option.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 28, 2019, 03:54:27 pm by the vicar »
What is the cheap option and please tell me who the candidates are that fall into that category Dave.
any one of them if they want to get back in to management quickly

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 28, 2019, 03:56:17 pm by Campsall rover »

I think DF wouldn’t have come cheap. Why would he. Doesn’t need to go anywhere on the cheap.
McCann would have been cheaper than some but more expensive than others.
This getting someone on the cheap is silly talk.
You make it out our owners a cheapskates which is quite frankly ridiculous Dave when they are putting 2.5 Million min of their own money in season after season.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 28, 2019, 03:58:26 pm by silent majority »

I think DF wouldn’t have come cheap. Why would he. Doesn’t need to go anywhere on the cheap.
You make it out our owners a cheapskates which is quite frankly ridiculous Dave when they are putting 2.5 Million min of their own money in season after season.

And that's the point Campsall, why throw in £2m a year and then save £50k on a salary? Surely you want to safeguard your investment?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 28, 2019, 04:03:03 pm by the vicar »
You don't think Darren Ferguson, who has spent the bulk of his managerial career in this division and above, would have cost much?

Never close to being the cheap option. To be honest we could actually appoint Arsene Wenger or Jose Mourinho to the post and some would probably still say it was the bloody "cheap option".
woooo now now naughty words before the watershed

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 28, 2019, 04:19:21 pm by Campsall rover »

And that's the point Campsall, why throw in £2m a year and then save £50k on a salary? Surely you want to safeguard your investment?
At least some of us understand that. It’s unfortunate about the ones that don’t.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 28, 2019, 05:13:32 pm by sha66y »

Are you actually implying that a manager demanding more salary is better than a manager asking for less?
Your logic is flawed by your inability to perceive ambition over reputation,

I would suggest that you think about what you want to write in response to a thread/topic, then look at what you have written, then ask yourself does it actually make sense......

If the answer is no! .......don’t submit it

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 28, 2019, 05:23:06 pm by knockers »
He’d never post again  :lol:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 28, 2019, 05:26:33 pm by steve@dcfd »

Well you didn't really answer my question.

By calling it a phantom list you insinuate there wasn't one at all. But there was, and it now makes sense to hold off on signing those players until the new manager is in place. He should have his own ideas and players, which will affect discussions which have already taken place.

Yes I was insinuating there was no players on a list.
Jonathan I do not expect us to be signing players now.
But if there were players on a list then if the manager wants them he’ll sign them quick.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 28, 2019, 05:43:50 pm by the vicar »
Lol I know that would get a response

TinyPortal © 2005-2012