Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:28:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Posh Rotten borough???  (Read 1833 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Posh Rotten borough???
« on June 18, 2019, 10:53:08 am by wing commander »
  In the interests of balance because lets face it, if this would have been a Tory win people would have been quicker than a drunk round a kebab to post it on here..

Joking aside what's peoples thought on this ? Obviously these allegation will probable centre around the Labour activist present at the count who has a bit of form for vote rigging..

Personally I'm hoping there is no substance to any of these allegations,our Politics is in a bad enough state as it is but this would be a new low.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-48665324

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Posh Rotten borough???
« Reply #1 on June 18, 2019, 11:09:30 am by SydneyRover »
  In the interests of balance because lets face it, if this would have been a Tory win people would have been quicker than a drunk round a kebab to post it on here..

Joking aside what's peoples thought on this ? Obviously these allegation will probable centre around the Labour activist present at the count who has a bit of form for vote rigging..

Personally I'm hoping there is no substance to any of these allegations,our Politics is in a bad enough state as it is but this would be a new low.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-48665324

Difficult to know until the police have investigated WC but any corruption at all in the voting process undermines democracy and needs to be jumped on. Bragging on social media has to be either a wum or someone not thinking it out.

''Police have been asked to investigate a claim, made on social media, that an individual burned more than 1,000 votes destined for the Brexit party; and that some voters were observed taking photographs of ballot papers, leading to concerns that they were fulfilling some form of contract.

It is not known if these claims are part of the latest Cambridgeshire police inquiry''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jun/17/police-look-into-claims-of-irregularities-at-peterborough-byelection

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 18, 2019, 12:35:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I have always found it surprising how easy it is to vote - ie if you wanted to I am sure you could manipulate a vote...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 18, 2019, 12:44:31 pm by wing commander »
  I agree actually.You walk into some village hall..Give a little old lady your address.She ticks you off and gives you a slip..From that point on your on your own...

Whats to stop someone getting a slip,bringing it home photocopying it and then someone else going to vote and depositing them in the box...

I wonder if they actual check the amount of people who have got a tick on there paperwork as opposed to how many is in the boxes???

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 18, 2019, 02:33:13 pm by RobTheRover »
You dont need the slip.

You just need to give a name and address and when they ask you your name you have to confirm that is you.

I've worked polling stations before.  It would be incredibly simple to rig if you were that way inclined

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 15, 2019, 09:42:03 pm by wilts rover »
Just in case people were still interested in this and wondering what was happening, the Police announced today that have completed their investigation and found no evidence of electoral fraud.

Farage must be busy doing his MEP work as he has yet to comment/apologise

https://twitter.com/PTJoelLamy/status/1150793767416414210
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/crime/final-electoral-fraud-investigation-into-peterborough-by-election-ends-as-police-find-no-offences-committed-1-8999797

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 15, 2019, 10:32:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm sure it's a deep state conspiracy. Old Nige wouldn't go around making shit up would he?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 15, 2019, 10:55:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
f**king hell, that's a shock!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 15, 2019, 11:09:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I know! A deep state conspiracy whitewash to assist a Marxist!

Strange times we live in...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 15, 2019, 11:11:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Indeed it is owd lad. Indeed it is.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 15, 2019, 11:42:32 pm by bpoolrover »
I'm sure it's a deep state conspiracy. Old Nige wouldn't go around making shit up would he?
will be intresting if you give the same reply if Aaron banks is cleared😇

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 15, 2019, 11:44:09 pm by SydneyRover »
It's interesting reading the wild accusations from this point about 'Peterborough' on the Brexit thread.

« Reply #3600 on June 19, 2019, 06:07:13 PM by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 15, 2019, 11:46:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
will be intresting if you give the same reply if Aaron banks is cleared😇

If he's cleared after an investigation then yes I will.

What do you expect?

It's frustrating that the police investigation into Banks has now being going on over 12 months though. I'd have thought on an issue as fundamental to our democracy as this one, they'd have got their finger out. Whichever decision the investigation reaches, it's vital that we get to the bottom of it, quickly.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 11:54:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 15, 2019, 11:53:46 pm by bpoolrover »
Just because when trump
Was cleared you still won’t let it lie, I’m not saying your wrong just can’t imagine you taking Aaron banks being cleared lying down😉

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 16, 2019, 12:03:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool.

Trump wasn't cleared. You clearly haven't read the Mueller Report.

It's quite shocking to be honest, that you think Mueller cleared Trump.

Do you want to know what he actually said? His specific words?

"If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state.

“Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgement.”

Mueller said in his report that it was beyond the remit given to him by the Department of Justice to bring criminal action against Trump. But read that up there. What Mueller said about an impeachable offence.

And you think Mueller cleared Trump! Where do you get your news?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:07:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 16, 2019, 12:18:55 am by bpoolrover »
A lot of what you said about trump as you have done with Aaron banks is said that they colluded with Russia, he has been cleared of that as am sure banks will be, so no your right about the obstructing of justice, I should have been clearer on the point I was making sorry

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 16, 2019, 12:31:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
But that's the point Bpool.

Mueller said clearly that he was unable to legally pin collusion with Russia on Trump, because he couldn't gather all the requisite information.

And he couldn't gather the requisite information because he was obstructed from doing so. Including by 4 men who preferred to serve time than tell the truth about their links with Russia.

The Obstruction of Justice that he pointedly DOESNT clear Trump of, was obstruction of the investigation into Trump's collusion with Russia.

Mueller deals with legal standards. And he states was unable to come to a legally clear finding that Trump colluded with Russia. But he then goes on to list more than 10 cases of the Trump team obstructing him and others from finding the extent of their Russian connections.

You see?

Now, our issue is not as complex as that. Banks is a tuppeny-ha'penny actor compared to Trump. He's not got the wherewithal to put the frighteners on people to go down rather than rat.

So there's none of that complexity. There's just the police decision of if he did, or did not work with Russia over Brexit. During those 13 meetings with the Russian Ambassador. Which he denied ever happened until his own e-mails saying they happened were leaked. And after which he suddenly found funding for the most generous political donation in UK history, despite his companies struggling in the years before.

Now. If it turns out those meetings were just about him and the ambassador discussing the weather, then I'll accept that. And I'll have to accept that the source of that donation (which he refuses to reveal) was kosher.

Just like I said I'd accept it if it turned out the police found evidence that Labour had cheated in Peterborough.

I assume, if it turns out that Banks DID take Russian money, you will reflect on the implications for the validity of the 2016 vote?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:39:15 am by BillyStubbsTears »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 16, 2019, 02:24:44 am by bpoolrover »
No mate as you can’t re run everything everytime  there was probably a injustice in the cricket yesterday should that be re run? While no it would not be right it doesn’t mean anything should change

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 16, 2019, 04:32:43 am by SydneyRover »
No mate as you can’t re run everything everytime  there was probably a injustice in the cricket yesterday should that be re run? While no it would not be right it doesn’t mean anything should change
Even without A Banks in the picture trump is still a racist, misogynist, liar, cheat and total dumb ass.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 16, 2019, 07:11:12 am by bpoolrover »
Will give you that Sydney he is not a nice person

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 16, 2019, 09:31:22 am by idler »
Even without A Banks in the picture trump is still a racist, misogynist, liar, cheat and total dumb ass.
They are his better traits as well Sydney.😉

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 16, 2019, 09:47:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool

So you're saying that if it was shown that  the biggest decision in our lifetime was skewed by criminal action in favour of a hostile foreign country, you'd just shrug your shoulders and say "That's how it goes"?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 16, 2019, 09:58:24 am by SydneyRover »
They are his better traits as well Sydney.😉

Too true Idler, I would have filled the whole page with epithets if I thought he would read them.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 16, 2019, 12:22:45 pm by idler »
He just keeps on making ridiculous statements on every subject under the sun. He is the worst example of so many things. Humility, respect and courtesy being just three.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 16, 2019, 02:14:25 pm by bpoolrover »
Bpool

So you're saying that if it was shown that  the biggest decision in our lifetime was skewed by criminal action in favour of a hostile foreign country, you'd just shrug your shoulders and say "That's how it goes"?
lets be honest bst it’s not going to thou is it!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 16, 2019, 02:49:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I dunno Bpool.

The Electoral Commission think there's a case to answer. That's why they turned it over to the National Crime Agency.

And there are big oddities in the case. Such as the fact that Banks has studiously avoided doing the one thing he could have done to clear all this up - show the accounts of his UK-based company that he says was the source of the Leave.EU donation. And he could also explain why he insisted for months that he'd only met the Russian Ambassador once, when it turns out it was a dozen times, including twice in the week before Leave.EU was launched.

Easy stuff to clear up. But he hasn't cleared it up and it's no with the very serious coppers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012