Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:47:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Glastonbury..  (Read 1679 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Glastonbury..
« on June 30, 2019, 04:08:54 pm by IDM »
Saw some of this last night on the telly.

Killers were excellent and a great guest appearance with Johnny Marr. 

Sadly I also saw most of Janet Jackson’s set.. just looked like a series of music video shoots with next to no interaction with the audience.. Shite really..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Glastonbury..
« Reply #1 on June 30, 2019, 04:52:33 pm by RobTheRover »
It's been a bit hit and miss for me. Idles were the best I've seen.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 01, 2019, 08:35:31 am by MachoMadness »
Robert Smith's still got it. The Cure were fantastic.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 01, 2019, 11:20:35 am by jonnydog »
The Cure’s set was very good however, Robert Smith reminded me of a young Jo Brand!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 01, 2019, 12:38:11 pm by RobTheRover »
The Cure were excellent.

I've been listening to Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes this weekend.  Wonderful punk pop.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 01, 2019, 01:53:38 pm by redarmy82 »
Never been a fan of The Killers, but they were by far the best act I saw over the weekend. Pure entertainment. The encore was fantastic.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 01, 2019, 09:21:52 pm by Filo »
Not much of a Kylie fan, but I thought she did alright, biggest live audience and biggest TV audience by along way

mrgazum

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 01, 2019, 09:25:38 pm by mrgazum »
IDLES were brilliant as always

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 04, 2019, 12:33:39 pm by Move DRFC »
Anyone go? By far and away the best most crazy place on the planet. Absolutely blown away by this year and already can't wait for next year.

Tame Impala and Chemical Bros were mega. What a place.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 04, 2019, 03:54:18 pm by auckleyflyer »
Anyone go? By far and away the best most crazy place on the planet. Absolutely blown away by this year and already can't wait for next year.

Been before missed out this Yr but as always will be trying again in Oct.
Got quit close tho as saw Liam G Wednesday night and Chemical Bros Friday night on their warm up sets at Eden project sessions.
Agree chem bros were awesome!! Serieal watching them 20hrs later at Glastonbury still even had my hangover!!!!

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 04, 2019, 09:33:28 pm by Move DRFC »

Been before missed out this Yr but as always will be trying again in Oct.
Got quit close tho as saw Liam G Wednesday night and Chemical Bros Friday night on their warm up sets at Eden project sessions.
Agree chem bros were awesome!! Serieal watching them 20hrs later at Glastonbury still even had my hangover!!!!

Good effort that! Can imagine it being strange watching so soon after. I'll be seeing them again in Leeds in November, can't wait!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 05, 2019, 03:50:44 pm by IDM »
Will try for Glastonbury tickets next time.. never been before...

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 05, 2019, 06:30:10 pm by MachoMadness »
The Cure were excellent.

I've been listening to Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes this weekend.  Wonderful punk pop.
Chucked that album on today after reading this. Blimey, he's found a set of pipes somewhere hasn't he? Night and day from his Gallows stuff. Still good listening though. Ta for that Rob.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 06, 2019, 12:37:32 am by redarmy82 »
Cure were really good, but for some reason, I'm obsessed with The Killers performance. Like I said, not a massive fan, but there's something very Freddy Mercury like with Brandon Flowers. I think in hindsight, they are a massively underrated band.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 06, 2019, 09:04:00 pm by coventryrover »
Foals......bloody ace

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 13, 2019, 12:31:54 pm by ravenrover »
Yep I went on my own again this year, tried to get to see Frank Turners "secret" set in Strummerville. Not a prayer it was rammed but got in the tent on Friday night at Avalon for his set. A genuine question why do people always talk about the acts on the main stages ie Stormzy Killers Cure etc? Glastonbury has so much more to offer and so many other smaller stages. One of my highlights was, and I hate say it as they are from Barnsley, The Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican. If you are not easily offended and like a good laugh check them out. Again just meandering round on Thursday and 2 old blokes playing some rocking stuff on cigar box guitars, they were sat outside their stall which sells said guitars. Unknow  bands and performing artists playing on small stages to 20-30 people a couple of old blokes doing a test match special spoof, not everyday you get to meet a pair of mermaids or of a kazoo marching band being hunted down by some primitive species being grabbed to dance with attractive  ladies you've never met and wilm never see again.
According to my phone I walked 48.7 miles over the 5 days so if you' ve never been it gives you an idea of the size of the place.
Good luck to anyone trying again in October

TinyPortal © 2005-2012