Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:34:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Labour Leader - Who's your preference?

Jeremy Corbyn
6 (14.6%)
Emily Thornberry
0 (0%)
Sir Keir Starmer
10 (24.4%)
Angela Rayner
1 (2.4%)
Diane Abbott
5 (12.2%)
Other
19 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: July 21, 2019, 11:15:20 am

Author Topic: Labour Leader - Who's your preference?  (Read 6886 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Labour Leader - Who's your preference?
« Reply #90 on July 12, 2019, 04:33:16 pm by scawsby steve »
   All the pages on Brexit and I bet not one of us have changed our original opinions on the subject..SouthStand for the record my opinions lean towards yours but they will be a minority on here and it can be a thankless task,as I'm sure it is for the other viewpoint too..

Still I cant resist this gentle dig,One things for sure if that Panorama programme would have been about the Tories we would have had a thread about it and be on page 5 by now with endless cries of disgust..Yet strangely not a peep about it...lol

Totally agree WC. The Labour Party is in danger of being completely destroyed by the anti-semitism accusations, and all people can talk about on here is Brexit.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on July 12, 2019, 05:20:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'd probably change my vote, or at the very least not vote at all if there was another referendum. I couldn't vote for a Remain side that supports politicians who have gone flat out to derail and finally try to destroy a democratic vote by insisting on another democratic vote because the result of the first democratic vote wasn't what they voted for.

This forum has produced the most patronising responses imaginable on the subject which has resulted in a silent majority not wishing to take part in the discussion.

Just my opinion, like, based on my own conversations with people - Hence no link!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 05:23:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 12, 2019, 05:25:22 pm by scawsby steve »
I'd probably change my vote, or at the very least not vote at all if there was another referendum. I couldn't vote for a Remain side that supports politicians who have gone flat out to derail and finally try to destroy a democratic vote by insisting on another democratic vote because the result of the first democratic vote wasn't what they voted for.

This forum has produced the most patronising responses imaginable on the subject which has resulted in a silent majority not wishing to take part in the discussion.

Just my opinion, like, based on my own conversations with people - Hence no link!

Brilliant post BB.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on July 12, 2019, 08:03:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You're in a tiny minority as ever BB. There's only a tiny fraction of the population have switched from Remain to Leave.

It is an odd attitude though. Change your vote because you think people have been mean to you. Change your vote because you say politicians have been untrustworthy. All while ignoring facts laid out and ignoring the politicians who have demonstrably lied about what Leave was supposed to mean, and manipulated it for their own ends.

But perhaps I'm being patronising...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on July 12, 2019, 08:13:23 pm by selby »
Me too, and I know six other people who would vote out now who voted remain the last time, three youngsters among them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:16:51 pm by selby »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on July 12, 2019, 08:35:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST. There's rarely any doubt about your posts being patronising, and yes, your last one is just that, no perhaps about it.

I might be in a tiny minority of voters switching from remain to abstain (or leave). but I'd have to take your word for that. The trouble is, with your past record of 'facts' it's not easy to take your new offerings seriously. And, why have people been mean to me?

I would change my vote not just because politicians have lied, politicians have always lied. I would change my vote because I don't want to be on the same side as voters who are willing to destroy a democratic vote to get their own way in another democratic vote.

Voters like you.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 12, 2019, 08:49:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Thank you for that useful contribution.

People like me, as I've explained times many, and you have ignored an equal number of times, would have supported a Norway-style Brexit 30 months ago.

People like me won't accept a wafer-thin vote being used to drive through a hard Brexit that the Leave side specifically and repeatedly told us wasn't on the agenda. People like me think that is a democratic outrage.

Happy to clear that up for you. Doubtless you'll ignore it again because it doesn't fit what you want people like me to actually think.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on July 12, 2019, 09:06:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »
So you agreed with Farage 30 months ago?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on July 12, 2019, 09:17:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No. Of course didn't. Because Farage never meant it. He said it to dupe people. It was f**king obvious to anyone who thought for a moment that he didn't mean it, because a Norway deal meant keeping freedom of movement.

I'd have taken a Norway deal as a sensible compromise in winter 16/17 because it was an obvious response to a wafer-thin vote. I wouldn't have liked it, but I'd have taken it as the least- bad solution, minimising the social polarization and giving the least bad economic effect short of actually staying in.

That possibility was snatched away by May interpreting the Vote as a mandate for a harder Brexit. Then the ERG rejected May's interpretation and demanded a harder still Brexit.

And it is because of THAT that my take hardened against the concept of us leaving at all.

And once again, I don't doubt that you'll ignore that post and make some smart arse response.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on July 12, 2019, 09:27:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Farage wasn't responsible for our politicians determination to destroy Brexit.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 12, 2019, 09:31:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
QED.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 13, 2019, 01:31:43 am by bpoolrover »
It won’t be tom Watson he speaks out and they all want rid of him, maybe it’s labour who are the nasty party

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on July 13, 2019, 09:56:44 am by wilts rover »
It won’t be tom Watson he speaks out and they all want rid of him, maybe it’s labour who are the nasty party

How nasty the Labour Party have now become was amply demonstrated on BBC Breakfast this morning by that dangerously subversive left-wing group - The Scouts

https://twitter.com/martin83239350/status/1149955480812511232

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on July 15, 2019, 12:22:57 am by SydneyRover »
The Boris propaganda service has excelled itself again with the following:

''We can improve mental health, save money and boost the economy all in one go, Boris Johnson''

With Boris photo and Churchill photo and story next to each other so you the reader can make the mental leap.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/14/can-improve-mental-health-save-money-boost-economy-one-go/

May as well roll out the big red bus again! just in case anyone is wavering and hasn't put their vote in yet.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012