Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:37:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is todays match on ifollow ?  (Read 4958 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Is todays match on ifollow ?
« Reply #30 on July 13, 2019, 05:01:24 pm by scawsby steve »
Full time; 0-2 to Rovers. According to DFP we should have scored a bagful in the second half, the main culprit for the misses being Kiwomya.

Another dominant performance apparently.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 13, 2019, 05:13:21 pm by drfchound »
Perhaps Kywomya has missed a good opportunity to announce himself as well.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 13, 2019, 05:50:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »

To be fair Kiwomya's pace did create a number of those opportunities.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 13, 2019, 05:52:43 pm by Alan Southstand »
Other than Marquis, we havn’t got another striker!

Sheaf is another Whiteman on today’s showing, so 4-2-3-1 looks to be our best team layout.

Early days and we have work to do, particularly with finding a Wilks replacement.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 13, 2019, 05:53:48 pm by NewDonny »

To be fair Kiwomya's pace did create a number of those opportunities.

We played 4-2-3-1 with Sadlier in the hole in that second half where he was able to get on the ball a lot, he had loads of possession and played it simple and effective, he and Sheaf linked up nicely with Sheaf winning it and laying it off to Sadlier who in turn laid in some lovely balls forward.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 05:59:05 pm by NewDonny »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 13, 2019, 06:36:30 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Padge, it’s a pre-season friendly.

Don't think you read the question? Which was no dig at all at today's game/result which is presumably what you thought if you did read it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 13, 2019, 07:05:17 pm by roversdude »
Longbottom seemed on form again

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 13, 2019, 07:40:31 pm by PDX_Rover »
Padge, it’s a pre-season friendly.

Don't think you read the question? Which was no dig at all at today's game/result which is presumably what you thought if you did read it.

Doh. Silly me. Apologies.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 13, 2019, 07:53:17 pm by roversdude »
I heard someone ask JM if he was staying at the end of the game he replied that he wasn’t sure

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 13, 2019, 09:04:06 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Which my next question goes on to was that Harry Middleton playing for them? Surely capable of a higher standard IMO. At least Conference.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 13, 2019, 09:12:14 pm by RedJ »
Which my next question goes on to was that Harry Middleton playing for them? Surely capable of a higher standard IMO. At least Conference.

Yes it was.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 13, 2019, 09:25:57 pm by phil old leake »
I can understand letting a player train with you for fitness but unless they are being looked at as a possible signing what is the point of letting them play when one of your own squad could play
Doesn’t make sense to me

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 13, 2019, 09:58:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
The only other right back we have is a youth player, Walker. At 30 years old, I guess he's a bit long in the tooth to be thinking about joining us! He played ok, but that's about it.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 13, 2019, 10:19:33 pm by Retdon1 »

Moved their from alfreton last Jan. his career does seem to be on a downward spiral. I think Gainsborough are his 5th club since leaving us. Like you I felt he would be good enough for conference level

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 13, 2019, 10:23:40 pm by DaveDRFC »
From what I saw today, I would say probably Sheaf and Sadlier to come into the starting 11 in place of Gomes and May. Not that anyone played badly, that's just how I saw it. Was very impressed with Halliday, thought he looked very good.

I'd say currently we have a decent first 11 but not much injury cover, could do with a few more bodies in which I'm sure will be addressed in the next few weeks.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 13, 2019, 10:32:40 pm by drfchound »
From what I saw today, I would say probably Sheaf and Sadlier to come into the starting 11 in place of Gomes and May. Not that anyone played badly, that's just how I saw it. Was very impressed with Halliday, thought he looked very good.

I'd say currently we have a decent first 11 but not much injury cover, could do with a few more bodies in which I'm sure will be addressed in the next few weeks.

There is nothing to say that May and Gomes are considered as first choices over Saddlier and Sheaf.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 13, 2019, 10:42:40 pm by DaveDRFC »

There is nothing to say that May and Gomes are considered as first choices over Saddlier and Sheaf.

Did I say there was? The starting 11 today had May and Gomes in it. I just said in my opinion I would change them for Sadlier and Sheaf.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 13, 2019, 10:49:25 pm by drfchound »

Did I say there was? The starting 11 today had May and Gomes in it. I just said in my opinion I would change them for Sadlier and Sheaf.

........and I was suggesting that your post indicates that you considered our starting eleven today to be the first choice eleven.

No need to start a long argument over it, if you didn’t then that’s ok.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 14, 2019, 06:48:09 am by Alan Southstand »

I think we have an adequate first 11, but not a top 6 first 11. Like you say, not much by the way of back-up, either.

Early days yet, and DM hasn't even started his re-build (Sheaf excepted, as he was McCann's choice). I'm sure we will bring in 3 or 4 first teamers to enhance what we currently have (Butler replacement, Wilks replacement, Rowe/Kane replacement).

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 14, 2019, 10:26:12 am by goalkick »
Hope you are right Alan.def need more strength in the squad.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 14, 2019, 10:38:47 am by Chris Black come back »
There is a whole raft of players who have knocked on door last year but not got in. If players like Amos, Hasani, Watters, Greaves etc can genuinely start challenging then we have a good squad.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 14, 2019, 11:26:27 am by DonnyOsmond »
Just watched the goals back and neither balls from Anderson are hoofs they're long passes. Hoof is just getting it up without aim, you could tell who Tom's target was before he hit it.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 14, 2019, 03:11:46 pm by Alan Southstand »
Chris, go take a look at all those you've mentioned, playing for the u23's, then come back here and tell me whether they're ready. They certainly were not at the back end of last season. 1, maybe 2 could make the bench this season, but it would be due to a number of injuries.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 14, 2019, 03:35:15 pm by PDX_Rover »
Chris, go take a look at all those you've mentioned, playing for the u23's, then come back here and tell me whether they're ready. They certainly were not at the back end of last season. 1, maybe 2 could make the bench this season, but it would be due to a number of injuries.

It’s hard to tell if anyone’s rewards or not, really.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 14, 2019, 03:42:32 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Or the requirement for two club developed players in the matchday squad of 18 (Jones may well be one)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 14, 2019, 04:04:58 pm by RoversAlias »
Was this requirement actually confirmed/announced anywhere? Maybe I just missed it but I only ever remember McCann saying it as an excuse for not replacing Marosi.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 14, 2019, 04:19:20 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Was this requirement actually confirmed/announced anywhere? Maybe I just missed it but I only ever remember McCann saying it as an excuse for not replacing Marosi.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

My mistake - looks like it is still officially only one Club Developed player in a matchday squad (see 33.11 in the link). I thought I had seen the increase to 2 somewhere but you may be right RA, maybe just McCann making it up.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 14, 2019, 04:31:32 pm by RoversAlias »
Cheers for checking Dutch, to be honest many on here have taken it as fact when discussing the keeper situation but I only ever remember McCann saying it.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 14, 2019, 04:58:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I think McCann said it was a possibility it was going to be changed to 2 so he was holding off with the keeper strengthening.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012